Dwanny

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Is chivalry dead? #34767

    Dwanny
    Member

    Roger, I agree with you. If they’re able bodied, they should have to stand the same way they expect you to. If they’re wearing high heels, tough. No one forced them to wear the stupid things. As for opening the door for someone else, I feel that whoever got to the door first should be polite enough to hold it for the next person. I’ve seen men surprised that I hold the door open for them. Why? I’m just as capable of opening a door as they are. And, if someone holds the door for you, please say thank you.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Sex talk #14143

    Dwanny
    Member

    Depends on the circumstances. If at work, I’d tell them I don’t appreciate it and if it continues, I’d talk to my boss. If out in public and it got graphic or gross, I’d move or ask them to stop.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Is feminism dead? #34058

    Dwanny
    Member

    It sure seems like it doesn’t it? I see these women (under 30) who seem to think a woman’s worth is measured by how trashy she is. I think it’s because they take what we have achieved for granted. What we fought for back in the 60’s and 70’s has somewhat been accomplished. We can now do any job we feel like, although we still have to take crap from men. We can buy anything we like without having to have a man sign for it. We still have a long way to go…for example:when the Clintons were in office, Hillary was criticized for daring to speak her mind, instead of being ‘the good little wife’. I don’t think men (and some women) will accept a woman president. Commercials still show the woman as the caretaker, which I know is usually the case, but why not show men caretaking. (and that’s another topic–why men are portrayed as weak for caretaking) When there’s a case of ‘the other woman’ she’s called a tramp, slut, etc; and it’s her that broke up the marriage, while the man is blameless. If there weren’t problems in the marriage, he wouldn’t have gone looking elsewhere. And the one that really upsets me is when the words ‘girls’ or ‘ladies’ is used as an insult in a group of men, esp; in athletics. Why do we still refer to something we don’t know the gender of as ‘he’? I’ve changed that–I say ‘she’ if I don’t know the gender. I could go on forever about one of my favorite topics–I came out of the womb a feminist, but, I think I’ll stop here.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Transgender friend #32679

    Dwanny
    Member

    I don’t think you’re using the word ‘friend’ in the right context here. If they’re truly a friend then it doesn’t matter and you should love them for what’s on the inside. And if you’re a good friend then they should’ve already confided in you, because they trust you and know you won’t abandon them in their vulnerable state. It takes a long time of soul searching to come out to someone, and we don’t do it unless we think we can trust them. If they can’t deal with it, then they’re not a friend!

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Bras for fat men? #24368

    Dwanny
    Member

    I think it’s his decision. And I think a man with ‘man boobs’ shouldn’t go out in public without a shirt. If we women can’t do it, then men shouldn’t be allowed to. It’s ugly.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Male rape #38394

    Dwanny
    Member

    As victims of a horrific crime. It’s a shame men feel like they’ll be judged in terms of their sexuality if they report it. Years ago, I saw a movie called A Case of Rape, and it was about a male cop who was extremely rude and unfeeling about female rape victims. One day he found himself surrounded by cruel men, and they gang raped him. The jist of it was, it changed his attitude toward all rape victims. He found compassion.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: A little respect #22977

    Dwanny
    Member

    It happens here in America too. I think they call us bitch when we ignore them, to make themselves feel better. I guess it’s just like if we called out ‘a**hole’ after them. I don’t understand either why men think we’re just waiting for them to ‘rock our world’.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: what’s wrong with “ma’am”? #46796

    Dwanny
    Member

    Speaking for myself, when someone calls me ma’am, it sounds so old. I guess like if someone called you Mr. Soandso, you’d probably think they’re talking to your dad. I accept aging without any problems, but there are a couple of things that catch you by surprise, and that’s one of them.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Strip bars and lesbians #35237

    Dwanny
    Member

    I think there are strip clubs for lesbians – personally I wouldn’t go to one with men in it. That is disgusting to me. I might go to one for lesbians.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Milkin cows 24/7? #22674

    Dwanny
    Member

    Cows on factory farms are kept pregnant to produce milk 24/7. They are artificially inseminated at RAPE racks, the babies are disposable, cause we don’t want them to drink up the profits, cows can’t walk because their udders are too big, and they’re in such pain. Go to http://www.milksucks.com and read all about it. The only animal that should be drinking cow, sheep, goat, human, whatever milk is the babies.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: This one’s a gas… #31591

    Dwanny
    Member

    Women do too pass gas (and loudly). We’d be in a lot of pain if we didn’t. I don’t know how this one got started, but we do! Maybe it’s from the days when we were expected to act like ‘ladies’ and deny our bodies, so we were taught to pass gas quietly. Being a nurse, I’ve heard a lot of women pass gas, and also have had it released in my face when I’m cleaning up a bowel movement.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Talking to people in wheelchairs #25401

    Dwanny
    Member

    I always say when in doubt, ask. I would’ve asked him if he’d been more comfortable with you sitting. My neck hurts when I’ve been looking up at someone while we converse. The same with opening the door for a handicapped person-ask. If they’re offended that’s their problem.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Why no belief in nut allergy? #20330

    Dwanny
    Member

    I’d avoid this sicko like the plague. I know he’s your brother, but that doesn’t mean you have to like him. I also wouldn’t leave my daughter alone with him. I wouldn’t put it past him to try to feed her something. Check with your doctor for an epi pen-that’s a syringe of epinepherine you can carry with you in case of an allergic reaction. I heard recently about a girl who died after kissing her boyfriend who had eaten peanuts 9 HOURS PREVIOUSLY.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Why don’t more care about Katrina? #27021

    Dwanny
    Member

    As Cal said, ‘the Katrina fiasco was self-inflicted.’ These ppl had been flooded out in the past and yet they continue to build below sea level. I don’t feel sorry for them. Nor do I feel sorry for the idiots in Calif that cry because an earthquake destroyed their houses, etc. An earthquake in California? What are the chances? I must also mention the ppl who build their houses on stilts on a hill in Calif, and then when it rains their house slides away. Is there no limit to human stupidity?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Lesbians all about sex? #27574

    Dwanny
    Member

    As a rule, no, we are not all about sex. Yeah, we like sex, but usually it’s about the emotional aspect. This is one of the reasons homosexuality makes more sense to me than straight sex. Women know what women like and men know what men like (for the most part). These women shouldn’t be bothering your wife at all. Haven’t these women heard about sexual harrassment?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)