Male rape

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

K. Decker
    To women: How do you perceive and think of men who have been raped?

User Detail :  

Name : K. Decker, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 33, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Media Planner, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Annie
    Participant
    I think of them just the same as female rape victims. There's really not much of a difference.

User Detail :  

Name : Annie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Quaker, Age : 19, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lindsay
    I got into a discussion on just this subject with a male friend of mine a few days ago. Only we were talking about a man being raped by a woman. My friend claimed that, when the man is drunk, involuntary erections are more common, hence a man can more easily be raped by a woman. However if it is a man who is raped by another man I think society has a tendency to view him differently. The victim has been emasculated in a sense.

User Detail :  

Name : Lindsay, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Dianic Pagan, Age : 17, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    There is no difference between a man and a women that have been raped. The thing is that net enough men admitt to it so if I knew ( which I do) a man that was stronge enought to admitt that they have been raped then I would think of them as a very corages person

User Detail :  

Name : Kris, Alberta, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : Edmonton, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : na, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jack
    Just as tragic as female rape victims. A bigger problem with rape of males, though, is that they are so used to the whole machismo thing that they aren't as likely to come out and get help for it. Not that there is any more or less humiliation involved, but less support.

User Detail :  

Name : Jack, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Oshkosh, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Samantha
    I admire them a great deal for being survivors. I think male rape victims have an even harder time than female ones because of the implied homosexuality, the deep shame from participating - albeit unwillingly - in a homosexual act, and the fact that they were unable to prevent the rape because their rapist was either physically stronger or had a weapon. I must admit when I hear about male rape my first thought is often, 'which prison were you in?', which is not a very admirable thought but, of the two male rape victims I know, both were incarcerated when the attacks occurred. I would like to stress that a man's having been raped in no way makes me think he is homosexual. Your sexual orientation is totally unrelated to this crime of violence.

User Detail :  

Name : Samantha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 36, City : Woodstock, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Secretary, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dwanny
    Participant
    As victims of a horrific crime. It's a shame men feel like they'll be judged in terms of their sexuality if they report it. Years ago, I saw a movie called A Case of Rape, and it was about a male cop who was extremely rude and unfeeling about female rape victims. One day he found himself surrounded by cruel men, and they gang raped him. The jist of it was, it changed his attitude toward all rape victims. He found compassion.

User Detail :  

Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.