Transgender friend

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    If you had a friend who you thought was a woman but was actually a man, would you continue being that person's friend?

User Detail :  

Name : S. Williams, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Johnson City, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

asdfsfd
    Participant
    asdfasdfasdfsadf

User Detail :  

Name : asdfsfd, City : asdfsdf, State : AR Country : Australia, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    She IS a woman, regardless of your narrow-minded view on the subject. Of course, that you even feel the need to ask the question suggests she'd be considerably better off without you as a friend...

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dwanny
    Participant
    I don't think you're using the word 'friend' in the right context here. If they're truly a friend then it doesn't matter and you should love them for what's on the inside. And if you're a good friend then they should've already confided in you, because they trust you and know you won't abandon them in their vulnerable state. It takes a long time of soul searching to come out to someone, and we don't do it unless we think we can trust them. If they can't deal with it, then they're not a friend!

User Detail :  

Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX Country : United States, 

Sheri R.
    Participant
    yes, i would and i have. i met a man who was undergoing the surgery to become a woman. he was living as a woman when i met him but was clearly a man. i addressed her as she and treated her as a woman.

User Detail :  

Name : Sheri R., Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 41, City : san francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

TimB
    Participant
    I do have a friend who is Transgendered. It makes no difference to me.

User Detail :  

Name : TimB, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 39, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

JeaneleRomanowski
    Participant
    I have actually has this experience, and I am friends with this person today. I really don't judge people on those aspects, I get to know someone based on their personality. I don't base what I think about them on their race, gender or ethnicity. I feel everyone should get to know someone before they base their judgments. Jeanele Romanowski, Caucasin/female 19, student.

User Detail :  

Name : JeaneleRomanowski, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Falls, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Marianne
    Participant
    I would. But I think I would want to start talking about trust and honesty.

User Detail :  

Name : Marianne, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 54, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, Occupation : Stage Manager, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

DanielPfalmer
    Participant
    Yes I would, although I admit that it would surprise me. I think that with a little time it would seem totally normal.

User Detail :  

Name : DanielPfalmer, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Fairbanks, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Dina M.
    Participant
    I'd have no issue with it. and I could understand why she didn't want to tell me her body was male to begin with

User Detail :  

Name : Dina M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : unsure, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Poet, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

WendiI
    Heck yes! If they present as female and are working to make that their perminant stautus then actually they are female, no matter what the accident of birth gave them. I as a transexual woman, am female. In my self image and in my soul. I am in the process to correct my body's appearance to match what I always have been in myself.

User Detail :  

Name : WendiI, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

RowanEves
    Participant
    heck yes. Because if they're truly transgender, then they are truly a woman. What their body looks like has no bearing on who they are in their mind.

User Detail :  

Name : RowanEves, Sexual Orientation : Asexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 21, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : Library tech at community college, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.