Dwanny

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Am I missing something? #17151

    Dwanny
    Member

    I can’t remember the name of the comedian that said this… Marriage for Gays…haven’t they suffered enough? The Holier Than Thous are threatened by us, and if they ‘allow’ us to marry that might mean we’re finally accepted? I love the people that say it’s a sacred institution, and at the same time they’re screwing around with someone else.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Gay men and gay women #24790

    Dwanny
    Member

    So many ppl still see a gay couple as one is the man and one is the woman, and men are not allowed to show any kind of feminine behavior. Christianity has a lot to do with peoples’ comfort level too, as it teaches homosexuality is wrong and sinful.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Whites ‘trotting’ across the crosswalk #24254

    Dwanny
    Member

    it’s because the modern driver is so rude and must’ve slept during the part of the driver’s manual that says, ‘PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.’ I was trying to cross the street one day and I glanced at the driver closest to me and she was telling me to get my fat ass out of the way. Excuse me B***h?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Hyphenated-Americans have GOT to go! #43105

    Dwanny
    Member

    I agree! I believe in evolution and the fact that the human race evolved in Africa. So even though my skin color is pink, I have the right to call myself African-American! I’ve never set foot in Africa and I’m sure the majority of ‘African’-Americans, haven’t either. I wonder what ppl from Africa think about this? Feedback anyone? Jesse Jackson started this African-American thing up again, and I have no respect for that publicity whore, so I still say Black.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: African-American children’s names #20283

    Dwanny
    Member

    Cutesy names suck for anyone. And yes, no one will take a CEO seriously with a cutesy name. I’m glad I didn’t get stuck with names like Bambi, Tiffany, etc. I rebelled against Susie long ago-I look nothing like a Susie. (petite, blonde, cheerleader type) I had a friend who had a good description of names like Takeesha and Laquesha-scrabble names. Someone took a Scrabble game and dumped out the tiles and made a name up out of what they picked out. I think ppl that name their kids weird names should be charged with child abuse.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Raw-smellin’ whites #24516

    Dwanny
    Member

    Okay, since when do grizzlies speak? How does this guy know what we smell like to grizzlies?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Is ‘ma’am’ an insult to a black woman? #45914

    Dwanny
    Member

    As the other respondant said, it’s not anything to do with race, it’s age. Even though I’m in my 50’s, I still don’t consider myself old enough to be called Ma’am. Not sure what I prefer. Not ‘Miss’. How about what Jerry Lewis used to say, ‘Hey, Lady!’

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Why all the talk about sun block? #16881

    Dwanny
    Member

    you might want to check with a dermatologist to see about the risk of melanoma with your skin color. That’s why it’s recommended for Caucasians. We don’t have high levels of melanin like darker skin types, so we are at risk. Do you wear a watch when you’re in the sun? Check under it-you do ‘tan’.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Whites’ pubes #47189

    Dwanny
    Member

    for the most part, yes. And as ppl get gray, you can usually tell what color their hair was from their pubic hair. (okay, I’m a nurse, so I have a reason to look) My question is, why doesn’t pubic hair go gray? Is it just hair that’s been exposed to the sun? My pubic hair has a reddish cast that I wish my head hair had.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
    in reply to: Black people talking to themselves #25092

    Dwanny
    Member

    I’m a nurse and over the years have observed nurses talk to themselves all the time, and have joked that it should be taught in nursing school. But I also have noticed the general population is increasingly talking to themselves. I hear it everywhere. I’ve gotten to the point that if I’m trying to make a point to myself or trying to remember something, it’s not enough to think it, I have to say it out loud. If you talk to yourself, you always have a captive audience, and no one will argue with you. I’m glad to see it’s not just ‘crazy’ ppl talking to themselves anymore. Or maybe I’ve just joined the ranks of crazy ppl.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, 
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)