Skaters and Preps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Michelle
    Participant
    Could someone please tell me the exact definition of a sk8ter (skater) and a prep?

User Detail :  

Name : Michelle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 14, City : Battle Creek, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, 

SR28486
    Participant
    A skater is someone who skateboards a lot. The term "prep" is usually used to describe someone who's clean-cut, fairly popular, does well in schoo and maybe wears khaki regularly.

User Detail :  

Name : SR28486, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 21, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : College student, 

Bill L.
    I've always heard that a skater was the same as a slacker: One who does not try too hard.

User Detail :  

Name : Bill L., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : French/Canadian descent, Age : 40, City : Essex Junction, State : VT Country : United States, Occupation : Accountant/Analyst, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Renea
    Participant
    First of all, there is no exact definition of any high school stereotype, but I can give you a better grasp of what you're dealing with when the term 'skater' is brought up. When the term is mentioned, most people will probably immediately think of a long-haired, dirty, tight-jean wearing pot-head. The other common skater look would be a New Era baseball hat pointing south-east in relation to the persons head, with a big shirt and semi baggy jeans. No matter what they're wearing, 'pot-head' is always included. The unusual thing about 'skaters' is that most of the people who fit the description of "pot-head, burn-out, ect..." don't actually skateboard. Its hard to nail down a clear description of an actual skater, just like it would be for a hockey player, or a painter. It is simply an activity that attracts people of all walks.

User Detail :  

Name : Renea, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : late 50s, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

DaniShay
    Participant
    Wouldn't a skater be someone who skates? I mean, other opinions can be tossed about but the simplest definition would be someone who skates. Anyone who claims they're a skater who doesn't have blades, roller skates, or a skateboard is simple posing, or using the definition in their own way. H - I was very much in love with a 'skater' when I was younger. He was a musician, a writer, and yes, he had and knew how to use a skateboard. I'd especially like to point out that he did no drugs. It's silly to assume that someone who likes a specific physical activity is always into drugs.

User Detail :  

Name : DaniShay, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 26, City : Bismarck, State : ND Country : United States, Occupation : child caregiver/restaurant hostess, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Anonymous
    Inactive
    A person who is passionate about skating and who embraces the creative and rebellious culture is referred to as a skater. A prep, on the other hand, is said to lead a more refined lifestyle and wear preppy clothing.

User Detail :  

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.