A little respect

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Maria
    Participant
    Why don't many men respect women? They think that they are 'easy' just because of the way they look or how they dress. Many men also think they have the right to touch you or say awful things on the street just because you are a woman. Once on the street a guy tried to stop me. He said nice things, and then when I didnt want to answer, he said I was a bitch. This happens especially in Southern Europe.

User Detail :  

Name : Maria, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 18, City : Paris, State : NA Country : France, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Mike-Trouble
    Participant
    Men dont always think that you are easy, if you dress attractively; they may think you are looking for a man. The starting act of relationships is set to male sex nowadays, as the female then plays the passive role (which i think isn't a very good thing), and to start relationships men have to take their chances and go and talk to women - if they didn't, world wouldn't stay populated for very long. If you dont answer to a guy who is trying make and effort, he gets hurt. You can say as well no or yes, he can take it, but saying nothing is more humiliating to male than anything; as you can imagine

User Detail :  

Name : Mike-Trouble, City : california, State : NA Country : United States, 

Taylor
    Participant
    Well, where I come from, the women here are very cold emotionally so if you do not want to be bothered, you should come here. I respect women. I'm a nice person, but the women here choose assholes. So I'm going to Europe to see if the women are friendlier.

User Detail :  

Name : Taylor, Gender : M, Disability : I care too much., Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Synchronicity, Age : 30, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Patrick
    Participant
    I respect women who deserve my respect. I don't classify people the moment I meet them. I decide what kind of person they are after a lot of interaction. Men do NOT have the right to touch you because you are a woman, but they do have the right to say anything they like. But, this will only reveal to you the quality of their character. As for the guy who said nice things to you on the street, don't be such a bitch.

User Detail :  

Name : Patrick, Gender : M, Race : Irish, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Los Altos, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

David G.
    Participant
    You ask an interesting question, and my answer is only one man's opinion and not a be-all, end-all answer. But maybe men act the way we do...well, because it works. I was a complete, total jerk when I first went off to college. I didn't care about anybody or anything except myself, and acted accordingly. Quite frankly, I'm damned ashamed looking back at those days. But you know what? I have NEVER since been as successful with women as I was then. (At least, judging by what I considered 'success' at that time.) Now granted...there were many beautiful, brilliant women who wouldn't have a thing to do with me, to my great regret. But I almost never slept alone if I didn't want to, and when you're a young man fresh off at college, then sex is just about the only yardstick you measure things by. Stupid, of course...but I'd be a hypocrite to deny it. That's one reason, I think, that so many guys are such utter jerks sometimes. Because...though it won't work every time...it will eventually work if you keep at it. (There's an old adage: Hit on 100 women at a bar, and you only need a one-percent success ratio to get laid that night.) And there are just so many women out there who somehow feel that if a guy is a real a**hole, he must have a reason to. I have always thought that if women could somehow get together and agree that you'd only pay attention to the kind, considerate men out there for a few years...you'd be surprised how many caring, nice guys started appearing. Warm regards, and hope things are going well.

User Detail :  

Name : David G., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brian
    First you would have to decide what is is you meant by respect. What does it mean to 'respect' women? Once that's settled, a reason why men don't 'respect' women could be that the definitions of respect are different or perhaps the indicators of respect. Perhaps by not answering what the man asked you on the street, you were, in his mind, disrespecting him.

User Detail :  

Name : Brian, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 22, City : Crawfordsville, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Kristi26237
    Participant
    Men don't respect women for a number of reasons. One may be the fact that that's how they were raised. I think that these days, that may not be necessarily true for all because of all the single parent households. Another reason may be the media. The media is the little fuel for the fire of these 'problems'. Another may be the simple fact that that's what they are used to, that is, women who are more than compliant is all they'v encountered. Bottom line is they just don't know any better. It certainly doesn't excuse the behavior. The fact that a woman has beauty AND dignity is hard to come by and throws many a man off.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristi26237, City : Kansas City, State : KS Country : United States, 
    Ignore them. Nothing makes an ignorant, rude man feel more like crap than when a woman ignores him, doesn't even look in his direction. It is more effective than cursing him out. Trust me, I've done both.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dwanny
    Participant
    It happens here in America too. I think they call us bitch when we ignore them, to make themselves feel better. I guess it's just like if we called out 'a**hole' after them. I don't understand either why men think we're just waiting for them to 'rock our world'.

User Detail :  

Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX Country : United States, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.