Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
DwannyMemberHow long have you been a nurse? Are you burned out yet? I tell young kids who ask me that it’s a thank-less job. Your patients are pissed at doctors, administration, their families, insurance companies, etc; we nurses catch the fall out. I’ve been a nurse 29 1/2 LONG years, and wish I could find something else. I’m not burned out, I’m cremated. In the hospitals I’ve worked at, the first place they cut the budget is nursing. They think we’ll be fine with more patients per nurse. They don’t realize that this is a lawsuit in the making. My last hospital job was on a telemetry unit and we had 7 patients apiece, (no nurse’s aides) and I was so stressed out, I’d go in the clean utility room and cry. I hated hearing the phone ring because I knew it was the ER with another admission. It took a year for me to get over my anxiety when I heard the phone ring at my next job. PTSD And don’t get me started with nursing homes. I don’t last at nursing homes because I care. Nurses that don’t care and don’t do the work stay for years.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberIt may be the fact that there are so many other rewarding careers out there for women. It also may be that older BURNED OUT nurses are filling them in on the fact that it’s a thank-less job, we’re not paid what we’re worth, we do the job of maid, psychiatrist, wait staff, etc; (you can count on someone every morning asking for a cup of coffee-does it say Howard Johnson’s on the sign?)Respiratory therapists are supposed to stay with the patient while they’re receiving a treatment, but they expect us to watch the patient. A lot of hospitals have done away with nurses’ aides, so the nurse does EVERYTHING. If someone wants fresh drinking water, we’re expected to drop everything and fetch it. Patients think they’re the only one we have to take care of. Patients are mad at the doctor or insurance company, we get reamed out. Family members want us to take their BPs for them. Hey, I’ve got 8 other patients to take care of. Management, doctors, patients, families, etc; don’t appreciate you. The first place the hospital budget is cut is nursing. Which increases the nurse/patient ratio. It’s dangerous. I heard an administrator say, ‘Nurses are a dime a dozen’. I wanted to say, ‘Here’s a dime, hire 12 more to help us!!!!’ I also suffered from PTSD because of the stress of working in a hospital. When I was able to quit being a nurse, a long time symptom of stress went away. Young women have also realized that nursing is NOT a glamorous career, and there’s no guarantee you’ll end up with a hot doctor. I hope this answers your question. I could go on for HOURS about this. I’m not burned out—I’m cremated!
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberIt’s been pointed out that so many of these people are mentally ill and come from abusive backgrounds. The drugs are to numb the feelings.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberAs I read the responses, I thought of the rise in female teachers raping/seducing their male teen-age students. So, sadly it’s just not male teachers kids have to watch out for and it’s all kids that are potential victims.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberI don’t know about it being PC but I resent it. This stems from when society became patriarchal, and men thought they were superior to women. I also object to referring to women as girls.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberI have heard that Amish teens get a year ‘off’ to live in our world to see which path they want to choose. Otherwise they use nothing electric.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberCult members who recruit are taught to go to bus, train and plane depots to look for runaways, and other lost souls. They prey on the vulnerable. A teen who has just run away from home and has been abused is looking for love and acceptance, and these ppl tell them they’ve found it. And then when they’ve got them hook, line, and sinker, it changes. The cult leaders are very charismatic and know what to say to these ppl.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberI understand the Bible also says to sell your sisters and daughters into slavery, no man should have long hair, and something about smashing your kids’ brains out on rocks. As a fundamentalist, do you do these things too? The thing with the Bible was they were encouraging ppl to breed like rabbits, so of course they condemned homosexuality. How do you deal with the reality that ppl are in torment because of what you x-tians keep pounding into our heads about being Gay. You are responsible for many suicides!!!!
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberI beg to differ. I don’t think atheists have any more or less disappointment in their lives than anyone else. Yes, there are atheists that are lonely, just like there are x-tians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. But, there are atheists with full happy lives too. I feel you are very closed minded to assume this.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberYes, men can be very sleazy and sometimes it’s not because of the way they dress. I wonder why men want women to dress scantily, but when we do, we’re tramps, sluts, sleazy, etc? I agree with the other women who mentioned open shirts, gold chains, bad toupees, white loafers, etc.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberI’ve always read while on the toilet. These days because I don’t spend a long time on the crapper, I like to look at catalogs. It’s entertaining and doesn’t require worrying about finishing that chapter before you get up. But, I sure do spend a lot of mental money!!!
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberLike others have said, women are more verbal. Plus, it’s also society. Men aren’t expected to be as verbal. Women invented language. Try to convey, ‘Johnny, if you fall out of that tree and break your neck, I’ll kill you!’ with a grunt.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberbecause society tells us were nothing if we’re not SKINNY. Note I didn’t say a healthy weight. Girls as young as 8 are obscessing about diet and being thin. I am morbidly obese, and people look at me as if I’m a freak. They think nothing about making insulting remarks, as if I can’t hear them. I hear women say all the time, ‘I’m so fat, I need to lose 5-10 lbs’ HUH? How do they think that makes me feel? The so-called women’s magazines have conflicting messages. One page is the latest fad diet, while the next page is a recipe for quadruple chocolate cake with icing 4 inches thick. And Hollywood–OMG. Those ppl are unreal. Liposuction, rib removal, starving themselves, eating disorders, abusing laxatives, puking, etc.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberI have had this problem too as I am happily single, and chose to be childfree. I try to let it wash over me, but I’m not always successful. I remember one time when my coworkers were griping about their kids. I told them I was going to tape their conversation and the next time they ask me why I don’t have kids, I’ll play it back to them. I’ve also noticed that parents tend to forget that they were once kids, and faced the same situation. Exam:pre-teens caught between childhood and adult hood. They’re being told to grow up, and then the next minute being told they’re not an adult. I feel I can offer advice in this case cause I can see both sides. And since I used to work in a pre dominantly female job, I was surrounded by mothers. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh. I guess I was viewed as anti-social at times. What I really hated was when the pictures of the kids/grandkids came out. I’m not into children, so I felt I was being put on the spot to say something. I’d make them look at pictures of my furry children. When someone brought their new baby to work to show them off, I steered clear. Don’t know how helpful this is, but that’s how I handled it.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States,
DwannyMemberRape is NOT about sex. It’s about demeaning and violating women. It’s about control, and taking away our power. Men who rape hate women, feel we’re inferior, and suffer from a warped sense of self and manhood. I’m sure they were abused, and probably had a father that was a wife beater.
User Detail :
Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX, Country : United States, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences