Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
JessicaMemberYou are not a vegan if you ‘partake’ of fish. Fish belong to the animal kingdom, and therefore constitute ‘animal flesh’ as you call it. Vegans eat nothing that comes from the animal kingdom – this includes exoskeletons, endoskeletons, cold-blooded, warm-blooded…etc. True vegans will not even eat honey as it comes from an animal, and will not wear silk because silk also comes from an animal.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberThe attacks on the World Trade Center demonstrated a cultural hatred of capitalism throughout the middle east, and America is the epitome of capitalism. It is seen as ‘the rich get richer.’ America has also seen itself as morally and culturally superior since the Founding Fathers wrote of their mission to become a democratic example for the rest of the world, which has led us to being the world police force today. Certainly if you were part of a culture that disapproved of capitalism, you would resent being supervised by the U.S. France, once a great colonial empire, had trouble getting beyond the age of colonial empires after WW II. Some French blame the U.S. for not giving France enough or punishing Germany enough at the end of WWII.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberTechnically, to be of the Jewish faith, your mother must be Hebrew, which is considered by my Jewish friends a race rather than a religion. The Hebrew people were the chosen people of Jehovah to take Canaan and a variety of other things.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberUnlike you, I do not claim to have the definite answer. However, my studies lead me to believe a different theory than yours: homosexuality is very probably genetic, because the human species has reproduced way beyond its means throughout history, and mother nature always finds a way to limit population growth and therefore rid the world of whatever parasitical species happens to be going over the limit – in this case, human beings. Also, human beings are not genetically set up to only have sex in order to reproduce; we, like certain sea mammals, have sex for pleasure that has nothing to do with reproduction. That is a genetic trait. Finally, in answer to your actual question, I am bisexual, which is not a choice for me, but I do choose to act upon my sexuality, because it gives me much pleasure. If I have the choice, I also would rather be around a gay or bisexual person any day vs. a straight person, because in the gay and bisexual community I am less likely to encounter bigotry and ignorance concerning sexuality.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberPersonally I would be more concerned about the actions of my children toward myself as well as others as opposed to their language. Words only have as much importance and meaning as you lend to them; ‘non-profane’ words can be backed by as much or more venom and/or disrespect as those that are currently considered profane.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberDog saliva is cleaner than human saliva. It has anti bacterial properties and is a form of protection for a dog from disease. It grosses me out more to see two humans with their tongues down each other’s throats transmitting all kinds of nasty bacteria than to see a dog licking it’s owner or buddy on the mouth.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberThere is a little Italian restaurant in my town that serves absolutely excellent food, owned and operated by an African-American former pro-basketball player and former graduate of Sam Houston State University. He is extremely nice; he is also the chef. His daughters and neices, however, who waitstaff the restaurant, are another story. Every time I have gone there, my spouse and I have been the only white people, which is fine with us, but we get ignored. There can be only one other table in the restaurant, and three waitresses, but we will still have to wait 30 minutes to be seated, another 30 minutes to receive drinks, etc. We always dealt with it, because we didn’t want to seem like the complaining white people. This last time we went, we took my in-laws. My mother-in-law ordered hot tea to drink, and the waitress brought her a glass with microwaved iced tea that was so hot she couldn’t have picked it up even had she wanted microwaved iced tea. My mother-in law was extremely nice and explained when she said hot tea she meant a coffee cup with hot water and a tea bag. The waitress looked at her like she was psychotic and snapped at her, ‘Well obviously we don’t have whatever it is you want.’ Then she left the table in a huff and didn’t come back for another half hour. When she finally came back and asked for our order, my mother-in-law asked if they had a certain type of Italian sauce. The waitress again looked at her like she was psychotic and snapped, ‘I have no idea what you’re talking about.’ I was so embarassed that I had taken my in-laws to this restaurant, and had them receive this kind of treatment. However, none of us complained because we knew that the waitresses would stereotype us, and we didn’t want to fall into the category they would put us in. Despite the lousy treatment, we left a better than average tip (20%) because we didn’t want to fall into another bad category. We really didn’t want them to think that just because we were ‘white and privileged’ we were rude or lousy tippers – but really, we had every right to complain, and had the owner or waitress been white, we would have. So in response to your question, I offer you another question: what should I have done in this situation? I will never go back to that restaurant. Do I fall into your category of white privileged people who whine all the time? It’s very disturbing to me that I feel I cannot complain because I am white.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberAtheists everywhere will be chagrined to realize that they share something with Christianity: FAITH. Atheism is a religion, because there is no way to scientifically prove that there is no God any more than there is a way to scientifically prove that there is one. So, atheists have to have faith that there is no God. It’s ridiculous that you’ve had experience with such judgmental, ignorant people, and I’m very sorry for it. Perhaps they had been treated as such by certain judgmental Christians and felt the need to respond in kind. Coming from either side, such behavior is abhorrent.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberMaybe the girls are playing dumb to make you feel superior? Or maybe, as you said, they really are dumb. I understand the plot of movies, (except for Eyes Wide Shut, I really missed the point on that one, call me stupid if you will). However, at times I have to explain plots to my grandparents, not because they are stupid, but because they grew up in an era where you read all the time and therefore now sometimes have trouble following the rapid visuals in movies.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberAnyone who condemns Teletubbies (a fantasy character not even remotely human) for being gay doesn’t deserve the time of offering constructive comments.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberIf your God were to witness your writing, do you believe that He would appreciate how judgmental you are, Monique? According to the Bible, which I have read, cover to cover, Jesus Christ favored love and acceptance to all people – for He would not have been perfect had he not. On a somewhat different note: if God is omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), and omnibenevolent (all good), then why would He allow a person to live a lifestyle that He despises? Any answer you give to this questions presents difficult issues – is Satan more powerful than God, and therefore can cause a person to be a certain way that God cannot stop? Or, since God knows everything, why would He allow someon to have a lifestyle that was so miserable to Him? Is He evil? Does his omnibenevolence disappear, and He likes to chuckle and laugh at the misery this society provides to gay people? Or, better yet, does His omniscience disappear (conveniently for your judgmental views) and He just doesn’t know how to stop it or doesn’t know that it is going on at all? I think you need some new definitions of God before you start pretending to be Him.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI’m bisexual and have known it since I was very young; it wasn’t a choice or something that was pressed on me. And I’m far from angry – I actually feel quite lucky in that my chances for a date on a Friday night are doubled!
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberMany men I’ve been around that are married to Asian women are my father’s age and older, and they were in Vietnam or Korea and fell in love. These are black, white, and any other kind of man that served in either of these wars. Aside from that, I think there is this fantasy among many white women about black men because of their rumored penis size.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI am white, and I grew up poor. As a poor college student, I often wonder where my next meal is coming from, though I am privileged to have health insurance through my school so I list myself as middle class. Not only have I never ridden in my car with the feet out of the window, I’ve never sipped lemonade with my feet up while blacks worked in the hot sun. Neither did my ancestors. My ancestors were Irish immigrants, and a large percentage died as children in Long Island, NY because of the lack of child labor laws. It’s a miracle anyone survived the slum working conditions. So it’s awfully ignorant to classify all white people as being descended from slave-owners or having been handed this mythical ‘white privilege’. Not only that, since you speak of history, I am a history major, and I have noticed in my studies that at one time or another every ehtnicity or culture has enslaved every other ethnicity or culture. I truly resent the implication that what some white people did to some black people in this country a century and a half ago explains any behavior I might have that you dislike, and I even more resent you categorizing me into a category that I don’t belong in. Education rather than blame is the name of progressing as a culture. If we continue to blame the past for current conditions we will never get anywhere.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberDifferent people have different ways of expressing affection. It disgusts me when I see people thrusting their tongues down one another’s throats because I am aware how quickly bacteria travels through human saliva, and what kind of bacteria just loves to make its home there. Letting a dog lick you actually makes more sense; cats and dogs both have much cleaner saliva than humans do, because canine and feline saliva contain massive doses of anti-bacterial cells, which is why when a dog or a cat gets a cut, it heals more quickly than our own – because they are born with the tools to clean their wounds themselves. A dog or cat’s mouth is much cleaner than your own simply because their saliva is more sterile in order to combat more strains of bacteria. A dog kissing a person’s face is much more sanitary than a person kissing a person’s face.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences