Falwell’s remarks about Mohammed

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Nameerf-E
    Participant
    In my early exposure to Christianity I was taught that Satan was so powerfully charismatic that he was able to persuade one third of Heaven's angels to follow him away from God. That's power, to be able in the presence of God to persuade that many of the Heavenly host to leave God's presence. It appears that Satan also felt equal to God, but superior to Christ. This is manifest in his attempts to get Jesus to worship him during Jesus' 40 days in the desert. I must wonder then that Satan would sit idly by and watch Christianity develop and grow, while doing nothing himself. It follows then, that Satan would desire his own religion, and would appoint his own prophet to lead mortals away from God, just as Jesus came and taught God's word through Christianity. It struck me once that Islam could be that religion, and that Allah could be Satan himself, setting himself up in a religion dedicated to him as God. Think about this: the Quran does include reference to Mary and Christ, but it denies Christ's divine nature, claiming that He, Jesus, was only a profit. Satan is very charismatic, and has to be very intelligent, so why wouldn't he pick his own prophet to reveal his own scripture, through. One doesn't have to look far to see Satan's hand in the practice of Islam. It is a law-based religion, as was Judaism of the Old Testament. But in Islam it is all right to commit suicide on behalf of the faith, as it is all right to commit murder of innocents in the name of Allah. What just God, who created all mankind, would imprint in his true teachings concepts like justifiable murder and suicide? Granted, through history there are wonderful things that Islam has given to mankind, such as Arabic numerals just to mention one. To make his religion viable, Satan is smart enough to know he must put worthy contributions into it, and Satan is no fool, he has done just that for argument's sake. I wonder what led Salman Rushdie to write the book, "The Satanic Verses" about the Quran. Did he see Satan in the holy scriptures of Islam?

User Detail :  

Name : Nameerf-E, City : Rochester, State : NY Country : United States, 

noha
    Participant
    I'll give you an example of how prophet Muhammed didn't promote killing. He was hated by all those people in Mecca who didn't want to believe him, and then he went to another city to get away from all the 'kufar' (people who didn't believe him and wanted to kill him) as they were torturing Muslims badly and stopping him from spreading his message. He went to the other city and stayed there for 2 years, during which he made a peace settlement with the kufar. After a while the kufar contradicted what they had agreed upon, so prophet Muhammed decided to 'open' Mecca, meaning to go into it with the army and all.. When they got there, the kufar got scared and didn't keep together, so the Muslims entered Mecca without any fighting. Then Muhammed stood in front of the 'keeba' (the black mosque Muslims go to in Mecca) to state what he was going to do with the kufar. They all expected him to kill them or ask for really high ransoms, but he said, "Go, for you are now free." I think this is proof of his not being violent, for these people had tortured him and his followers beyond belief and killed lots of people, and he just let them go. I know I wouldn't have done that.

User Detail :  

Name : noha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Muslim, Age : 16, City : cairo, State : NA Country : Egypt, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Ralph
    You have to be very careful, because the very same argument can be made against Jesus and Christianity. Jesus claims to be equal to God, and was a very charismatic fellow. He took many followers away from Gods laws, and used tricks and pressure tactics (water into wine, bread and fish, interfering with temple workers). One could say that Satan milked Jesus as much as he could, then went on making up modifications to gain more followers by using Martin Luther to create strife and gain people who were apprehensive to the Catholic Church.

User Detail :  

Name : Ralph, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 20, City : Salina, State : UT Country : United States, Occupation : Looking, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Sanau
    Participant
    where do you get off by saying that 'But in Islam it is all right to commit suicide on behalf of the faith, as it is all right to commit murder of innocents in the name of Allah. ' It is not ok in islam do to any of that. I dare you to find any verse in the HOly Quran that says that it is ok. It is attitudes like that, that support the small faction of muslims on a terror crusade. Know what you are talking before you judge it

User Detail :  

Name : Sanau, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Maldivian, Religion : Muslim, Age : 27, City : Male', State : NA Country : Maldives, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Sorgul
    Participant
    how the hell he knows did he read the Quran was he alive at that time when Mohammed was alive what kind of Rev. would set an example like that when in every religion it says you must repest other religions

User Detail :  

Name : Sorgul, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : KURDISH, Religion : Muslim, Age : 20, City : ATL, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : STUDENT, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

JezmondFarren
    Participant
    Actually, that is an excellent example. The topic is not non-violent Christianity versus non-violent Islam, but proof for a non-violent Muhammed. It is possible that an army could be pacified both from the inside as with Muhammed and from the outside as with Jesus. I see no reason why the prophet of Islam could not have subdued his followers while simultaneously freeing the violent protestors that he initially fled. Gandhi is often blamed for the violent protests conducted by his supposed followers and only the ignorant would connect their actions to his teachings. The Indian peace master actually fasted to discourage individuals misapplying his methods of resistance. I believe more should be done to clarify Muhammed's methods of peacekeeping and am currently engaged in reading Bediuzzaman Said Nursi, a nonviolent protestor and Muslim scholar but would really value input from Muslims and other peace seekers alike! Peace

User Detail :  

Name : JezmondFarren, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind, Race : Human, Religion : Universal Spiritualist, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.