Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
JessicaMemberI am a history major and have taken particular interest in Japanese military history. The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not necessary in order for the Allies to win the war, but they were necessary to minimize casualties on both sides. In Okinawa, when U.S. soldiers hit the ground, massive numbers of Japanese civilians, including women hanging onto little children, heaved themselves over cliffs to avoid surrender. This stems from the Bushido culture, which revolves around the Shinto religion, which advocates ancestor worship – meaning that everything you do in this life affects the afterlife of all of your ancestors. So by committing an act of surrender, you not only doom yourself, you doom all of your ancestors for eternity. The United States dropped the atom bombs in order to prove as swiftly as possible that there was no way at that point that Japan could win. Germany and Italy had long since surrendered, so in effect it was Japan vs. the world. The sooner Japanese civilians recognized this, the more lives could be saved. Because these tragedies occurred to save lives, I don’t consider them terrorism. No one yet has given me sufficient argument to prove that the bombing of the World Trade Center was done to preserve life, so that constitutes terrorism (until someone explains to me otherwise, which I remain open to).
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI have listened to jazz, rock and blues for my entire life, so I feel I can contribute to conversations about those types of music. I do not listen to hip hop or rap, so I don’t have any knowledge about any of the current events, releases, culture, etc. There’s nothing wrong with liking it, it just doesn’t suit me. I don’t think that is because I’m white, because I have plenty of white friends who think I’m stupid for not knowing anything about rap or hip hop – and they’re not afraid to say so, either. I want you to know that just because I don’t like it or lack specific knowledge doesn’t mean I don’t respect it.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI am an empiricist, which means I believe in anything that can be proven scientifically by experience with the five senses. The existence of a god has not been proven to me. Therefore, while I do not believe there is NOT a god, neither do I believe that there IS one. I have not received adequate evidence to either effect. I don’t understand how anyone who has taken a college-level history class can believe that only their particular religion is correct – and that therefore, everyone with different beliefs or faiths throughout history is doomed for eternity. I respect you for refraining from such judgment in your query.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberIt’s kind of like thick stew running down the back of your throat, only in the vagina instead of the throat. It’s a very warm, slightly slimy fluid. Ejaculation does not feel like a high-pressure stream; it feels like more of an oozing than anything else.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberMy best friend, who is black, has discussed this with me, and we have come to the conclusion that penis size has little (if anything at all) to do with racial background or ancestry. We’ve seen different shapes, sizes and colors, throughout the color spectrum.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberWhen people say that to me, I assume they mean ‘Have a good day (night, evening, afternoon, whatever).’
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberEuropeans in general are more open about sex, and more accepting of prostitution as an industry, than Americans. Our ‘highly advanced’ country is still obsessed with Puritanism and other moralistic rules and regulations meant to keep women down. When these same people view West European culture, such as French culture, they judge the way France glorifies the female body as being immoral. They also don’t want to admit that the American media glorifies the female body just as much (but America glorifies the plastic Barbie woman rather than the real thing) – the same way they don’t want to think of prostitution as an issue in our culture. It’s something that happens ‘over there.’
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberWhy would you want to say anything? Have you made the decision to ‘come out’ to her as ‘straight’? What would you say to her? If she feels the need to share that part of her life with you, I’m sure she will. Perhaps she is afraid it will negatively affect your relationship. If you really want her to tell you, join the club she belongs to to illustrate your support of all sexualities. When she knows you are accepting of who she is, it will be easier for her to talk openly with you about it.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI posted a similar answer to another question, but I want to emphasize my point. The media is geared toward white men, and the media focuses on telling white men what they want. It tells them what they need to feel good about themselves, be manly, be rich, whatever. So they fall into the Barbie trap. Statistically there are many more cases of anorexia and bulemia in white American women than any other culture/ethnicity – because we’re convinced that in order to be loved, we have to look like Barbie. More white American women die of cosmetic surgery than any other culture/ethnicity as well. Black and Latino American men are much more accepting of different body types, because the media doesn’t make them feel like they have to be attached to Barbie to be happy. So, what it all comes down to – white men are more likely to be brainwashed, because that’s who the media targets the most.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI’m glad that you know what you want in life, because that’s the beginning of bliss. Others perhaps will criticize your attitude, but I am only critical of a small part of it. Do you not want others to achieve happiness as well? I would be miserable as a debutante. I don’t wear makeup because it’s bad for my skin, and I don’t dress up for boys because I am not interested in impressing anyone with my physical attributes. I prefer to focus on the intellectual pursuits in life. Does that make me right and you wrong? Certainly not. You do what makes you happy, and I’ll do what makes me happy. Neither of us needs to convert or ‘train’ the other.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI have come to the conclusion that there is no defined ‘white,’ ‘black,’ or otherwise. I am the whitest white person I know, and my skin has blue undertones. Other pale white people look pink. I’ve seen many white people who are darker than some black people. My least favorite colored skin (among any people) is that nasty orange color that people who tan unnaturally get.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberThe media centers on white men and has successfully convinced them (generally) that the perfect mate consists of a paper-doll thin, walking Barbie doll. That’s why they go for the anorexic women – they’ve been sucked voraciously into a false image of beauty. Check out a copy of Playboy sometime, and see if you don’t see what I mean. Don’t just look at the centerfold; read the articles, look at the pictures of Hugh Hefner, read the interviews – the Barbie element is evident in all of these.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI think with the steady increase of ‘dysfunctional’ families in Western culture, fewer of us have any feeling of loyalty or debt to our parents. There is an increase in parents who don’t really do any parenting – and it’s awfully idealistic and naive to assume that I consider giving birth to a child (essentially having unprotected sex) such a huge accomplishment that I will forever revere and take care of parents who didn’t take care of me. Also, in many Eastern cultures, the predominant religions (such as Shinto, in Japan) revolve around ancestor worship, which certainly influences the way you take care of your parents.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberI studied female circumcision in a sociology class, and though the more severe forms are illegal in most places, it is still performed. Each of the types of female circumcision revolves around a theme of traditional purity. The most extreme female circumcision involves the complete removal of the clitoris and labia and the sewing shut of the vagina. It takes away sexual stimulation from the woman, thereby maintaining her ‘purity.’ Ironically, it promotes infection – and therefore is filthy rather than pure. When the vaginal canal is sewn shut, the bladder cannot relieve itself normally. When a fully circumcised woman needs to urinate, it simply dribbles out – and not all of it comes out – which causes extensive bacteria growth.
Taking away sexual stimulation and promoting infection in women is a way for the men of such cultures to remain in power, although in most cases the women are the ones who advocate the surgery. This is because women who perform and advocate such practices are given more power by the men than those who don’t.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
JessicaMemberIn my experience, anyone who does not drive the way you drive is a ‘bad driver.’ That means, according to each one of us, everyone else is a bad driver! What are the odds? Individual ego is getting in the way of better judgment. I hesitate to criticize other people’s driving because I feel my own skills leave a lot to be desired. However, I, too, am intrigued by the way many people, particularly guys, push their seat all the way back and then hunch forward, hanging on to the steering wheel for balance. This looks like it would hurt. So I’m extremely curious about that, and hope you receive responses explaining that phenomenon.
User Detail :
Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences