Children using profanity toward parents

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Bambie
    Participant
    Why do white people let their children use profanity toward them? When I say children, I mean between the ages of 5 to adulthood. I can't for the life of me understand why you let them do this to you. Do you not think it's disrespectful? Or do you think it's just a way of expression?

User Detail :  

Name : Bambie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Native American/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 34, City : Raleigh, State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : Pharmeceuticals, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Personally I would be more concerned about the actions of my children toward myself as well as others as opposed to their language. Words only have as much importance and meaning as you lend to them; 'non-profane' words can be backed by as much or more venom and/or disrespect as those that are currently considered profane.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Denise25832
    Participant
    I don't think children should use profanity. I am in a long term relationship with a 7 year old step son and 1 on the way. I would never allow my son to use profanity in my presence as a child. I wasn't allowed to use ANY swear words until I was 16. My boyfriend says that when my stepson is around 12, he'd be okay with it. I think it all depends on how we're raised.

User Detail :  

Name : Denise25832, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, 

catherine
    ya SOME white kids swear at their parents, but i'm sure we're(i personally dont)not the only race that does. and as a bad example watch talk shoes, there is many blacks swearing and who hit their parents, and ya whites are on that show to

User Detail :  

Name : catherine, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : vancouver, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : student, Social class : Middle class, 

Brian
    I am a white child as you would say, 15, and my parents will never let me use profanity in front of them, nor away from them. I know a lot of white kids use profanity in front of there parents, this is probably partly because they were brought up wrong or there parents have no control over them. I beleive that kids of either race or background should not use profanity towards there parents.

User Detail :  

Name : Brian, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, 

Lisa22755
    Participant
    Most white parents don't let their children/teens use profanity. I personally never use profane language toward either of my parents. Most other white children/teens I know don't either. The only white children/teens that I know that use profane language toward their parents are the children/teens whose parents do not discipline them. These are also the children/teens that are the 'trouble-makers' and 'wild' children/teens at school and in the community. Their parents either don't care what they do or just don't believe in discipline.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa22755, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 15, City : Tuscaloosa, State : AL Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jennifer
    Participant
    I don't exactly knowwhy you asked this question but i'm going to go ahead and answer it. Not all 'white people' allow their children to do these things. If I were to use profanity in front of my mother,grandmother,aunt ucle,even my cousin I would be in so much trouble I can't even begin to describe. I have many white friends who are in the same position I am.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 16, City : San Bernardino, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

J21160
    Participant
    The question you are asking shouldn't be white or black. Thats not the issue. I know of respectable whites that if they ever heard their kids cus, they would smack their face off. I have heard in my time of black families letting the children swear at them. Its not a white or black--It how one rasies their children to be respectable or rude. It the parents that are raising their kids to be disrespectful, not race.

User Detail :  

Name : J21160, City : kings mnt, State : NC Country : United States, 

michelle
    Participant
    I come from an american family, raised by 2 white parents. White people (as well as black, yellow, whatever...) I don't think 'let' their children use profanity towards them. I honestly believe this topic is not based on race, but they way you're raised. I did use profanity around my parents b/c it wasnt a big issue in my home, but I have many white friends who would be slapped if they ever used a bad word. So, I think it has nothing to do with race, but with the way you're brought up...black, white, red, yellow, doesnt matter.

User Detail :  

Name : michelle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, City : willmar, State : MN Country : United States, Social class : Upper class, 

Nick
    Participant
    Using profanity has nothing to do with race. I have known many children of different racial backgrounds that use profanity toward their parents. It is a parental choice and nothing more

User Detail :  

Name : Nick, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Mormon, Age : 20, City : layton, State : UT Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris
    i dont think that 'white people' let their children use profanity towards them any more than a parent of another race does. if you have seen this quite a few times, then try not to generalize it to white people. being white myself, and a son, i can say that i never have gotten away with profanity in my house growing up. however, there are those parents out there who have no clue what they're doing and have let their children get out of control. and let's remeber...bad parenting is commonly found in every race.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 18, City : Milwaukee, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Patrick Davis
    Participant
    I think this is a blanket stereotype of most black people, the belief that white people let there children cuss at them. I know in the area I grew up in that didnt fly and if you want to be beat by a military man just cuss at my dad. Or if you like having kitchen utensils including meat cleavers broken over your butt cuss at my mom. I think that there is a new generation of parent black and white that are the product of 'babies having babies' and of 'self absorbed people' having children. Its time for us as a nation to realize that we need to keep it in out pants (males) and our legs closed(females) and that having children isnt a status symbol like owning your BMW its a committment to further our race. Parents used to understand the importance of making sure their children have it better than them. Now they have their children so they can look better to others. Its terrible.

User Detail :  

Name : Patrick Davis, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Software Engineer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Frank
    By and far children of all races are more rude. I think it has to do with parents not being around. It seems to me that parents try to make up for the fact they are not home by letting thier children misbehave. I see it in all races in the USA. So I believe it is more of a cultural issue and not a race issue.

User Detail :  

Name : Frank, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : IT, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Shannon
    Participant
    Because not all let their kids talk like garbage. I can't stand hearing my stepdaughter saying the word sexy (her stupid grandmother lets her say that word) so I definitely don't want her saying that other junk. Sure she may hear me and her Dad say those words but in my house she knows that those words are only to be spoken by adults and not to be repeated.

User Detail :  

Name : Shannon, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Rome, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Full-time mom and wife, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

MATT
    Participant
    I was never allowed to cuss in front of my parents much less cuss toward them. My Aunts and Uncles never allowed there children to cuss at them either. Now that I am an adult i can cuss in front of them but never ever toward them.

User Detail :  

Name : MATT, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 18, City : Pheonix, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Unemployed, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.