Falwell’s remarks about Mohammed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Andres
    Participant
    I would like to hear constructive comments from Muslims on the Rev. Jerry Falwell's recent TV interview in which he called the prophet Mohammed 'a terrorist ... a violent man, a man of war' and said 'Jesus set the example for love, as did Moses, and I think Mohammed set an opposite example.'

User Detail :  

Name : Andres, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Chambersburg, State : PA Country : United States, 

Karim
    To make a sweeping statement like 'prophet Mohammed is a terrorist' without using secular, detailed and valid proof is mediocre at best. Also, if anyone wants to present a valid criticism of prophet Mohammed, it has to be comparative, i.e. you have to compare prophet Mohammed, who ordered that offenders be fought to death, to Moses, who ordered all Canaanite civilans (defenders or offenders) killed: men, women and children. What really baffles us is that no mature discussion of the East-West conflict (if there is such a conflict) has been coming out of America since 9/11. What many people here also think is weird is how any critcism of Israel (let alone Judaism) is considered a crime punishable by law in America and most of Europe, while outright mudslinging against Islam or Arabs is encouraged.

User Detail :  

Name : Karim, Gender : M, Age : 23, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

noha
    Participant
    this is me again ,i told you about the prophet entering mecca ,first ,i said i'll tell you the exact incident were the 'kufar ' didn't do what they had agreed upon here goes: in the agreement,they had agreed that any tribe to be in any of either the muslim's or the kufar's protection enters the peace agreement and neither party should attack the other,then two tribes that were at war together ,one entered muslim protection and the other entered kufar protection,the tribe of the kufar took advantage of this peace agreement and decided to attack the other one at night ,helped by some members of the kufar themselves and they did,so next day when prophet muhamed knew the kufar sent a messenger to try to talk to prophet muhamed but he wouldn't talk to him and he started to get ready to go open mecca. this is the story when the kufar didn't go with their peace agreement. secondly , i just wanted to ask you about those specific incidents that Rev. Jerry Fallwell related his statments about prophet muhammed to so that i can answer you back on those specificly because i didn't watch the show as i don't have that channel.thanks again for caring enough to ask:)

User Detail :  

Name : noha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Muslim, Age : 16, City : cairo, State : NA Country : Egypt, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Matt22007
    Participant
    I think Falwell ought to look a little harder at the Old Testament. It's true that Mohammed was a warrior and that the Koran has some pretty nasty-sounding passages. But so does the Bible, and Christians have found a way to get along with non-Christians without killing them, so it's ridiculous to think there's anything necessarily violent or terroristic about Islam.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt22007, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Sacramento, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Software Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

noha
    Participant
    here are some small stories ,you can call them incidents,showing how prophet muhammed wasn't a violent man and ,actually,how kind hearted he was: to understand the first story ,muslims perform certain motions while praying one of which is 'sojood' which is sitting on your hands and knees with your face on the ground , so while prophet muhammed was in 'sojood' his little nephews(their names are el-hassan & el-husayn) rode on his back ,they were playing, so muhammed stayed in sojood until they got off his back ,he didn't get up anyway,throw them off,wriggle to get them off or shout or hit them afterwards. another story: while muhammed was walking in the streets ,he saw a man (named abo masood el badry)hitting the boy who works for him ,prophet muhammed then told him angrily 'know abo masood that God has mors power on you than you have on that boy' so the man said'oh prophet of allah ,i free him now for allah's sake' and prophet muhammed told him 'if you hadn't done that hell would have 'slapped'(i can't find a better translation for the arabic word:( ) you'. these are stories from the ordinary life of prophet muhamed,he also told us of stories of taking care of animals like this one' a woman is in hell because of a cat,she caged her ,not giving her food nor letting her eat from the ground' and another one'while a man was walking ,he got very thirsty ,so when he found a well he went down ,drank then came up agian,he then saw a dog that was very thirsty also so he went down again ,filled his shoes with water and came up and let the dog drink,so God forgave him from his sins' when prophet muhammed said this story the people hearing him asked him 'do we get rewarded for animals?' he said'you get rwarded for every living being' ..if this is how he treated animals and said they'd be treated ,wouldn/t he treat humans at least like them ,even better? these are some small stories i wnted to say ,they're all translated from arabic to english by me so i hope i was as clear as i can get:) i'd also like to make it clear that by saying that prophet muhamed wasn't a violent man ,i'm still also saying that prophet moses and jesus are also not violent like him ,they were all sent from God and all set an example for love. i also said the names in my stories so that if you'd want to ask about them and wether the stories are true or not.

User Detail :  

Name : noha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Muslim, Age : 16, City : cairo, State : NA Country : Egypt, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

NAZARIGHT
    Participant
    ALLAH IS DA BOMB!!! PEACE

User Detail :  

Name : NAZARIGHT, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : CAPITALISM, Race : HUMAN, Religion : NAZARIGHTEOUSNESS, Age : 25, City : ILLADEL, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : LABORER, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Martina22168
    Participant
    I agree with everything that you said in your statement. I think that rather than being a positive leader, President Bush is a blubbering idiot. All he and his administration has done since 9/11 is bash Arabs and Muslims. And, what's even more sad is that he and many other Americans don't seem to realize that the words 'Arab' and 'Muslim' are not synonymous for one another. They use the words interchangeably and encourage hate of a religion and ethnic group rather than the small group of people responsible for the attacks. In addition to that, the United States remains an extrememly racist/predjudice country. Anything that is unfamiliar and/or different is automatically assumed to be offensive, which is not the case. People don't bother to research issues before they open their mouths and then have the nerve to wonder why other nations view Americans as stupid.

User Detail :  

Name : Martina22168, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic and Black, Age : 21, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Anyone who condemns Teletubbies (a fantasy character not even remotely human) for being gay doesn't deserve the time of offering constructive comments.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

CP19355
    Participant
    I do not know if this was widely reported in the Middle Eastern press, but most Americans feel that Jerry Falwell is a blithering idiot with a very big mouth.

User Detail :  

Name : CP19355, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 32, City : Washington D.C., State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : computer - technical, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Goonzo
    Participant
    Marhaba, Actually, in the US criticism of Isael is NOT a crime punishable by law, regardless of what is portrayed in the Middle East. Having studied Arabic language and culture, I often read Arab websites and news to get a balanced outlook on the Middle East. There is misinformaiton on both sides, but continuing the items that are wrong just continues the fighting.

User Detail :  

Name : Goonzo, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Wiccan, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : military, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Suzy27509
    Participant
    Think of the context in which it was said. When trying to rally people against so-called 'enemies,' it is much better to go to the source of the religion than look at the few deviants within the society. Also, examining Christianity and Islam, one finds there are few differences - except, of course, that in Islam Jesus is a prophet, while Christians think he is the son of God.

I think it was quite courageous of him to say that, considering all of the early Crusades that Christians embarked on, murdering Muslims. That was not violent at all, and it was certainly not in the name of Christanity, right? In Saudi Arabia they think all Christians are basically immoral people who walk around naked, fornicating all over the place, so I guess it is fair enough that in the States they think Muslims are bloodthristy terrorists.

User Detail :  

Name : Suzy27509, Gender : F, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : Saudi Arabia, 

Matt
    Participant
    Karim: I am afraid you are misinformed about American law. It is not illegal to criticize anything in America. Unlike in some other countries, the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution precludes any 'hate speech' laws. Certainly a lot of Americans, Jews included, criticize Israel (read today's N.Y. Times column by Tom Friedman, for instance). Now while it's not illegal to attack Jews or Judaism verbally in America, it is generally considered wrong by just about everybody, as it should be. It is true that many of the people in the so-called Christian Right, who talk about how much they love the Jews, consider it perfectly OK to attack Islam and Muslims. I guess they figure that Jews are 'just like us' and Muslims are not. However, Judaism and Islam are extraordinarily similar. So if you love Judaism, it's hard really to hate Islam. Of course, no one should be above criticism. I'm talking about bigoted statements.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 25, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, 

John29396
    Participant
    I think his comments were stupid and he should keep his mouth shut. And if you attend his sermon or watch his Televangelism or whatever he does: that is sad. very sad.

User Detail :  

Name : John29396, City : NOYB, State : NY Country : United States, 

Coolcat32020
    Participant
    Not that I disagree with your entire statement, but I feel compelled to point out that in North America there is no law that says you can't critcize Israel. In fact lots of people do it all the time and we have open debates on the subject quite frequently. To punish someone because of their political opinion would violate our (real) laws of free speach, which we hold very dear.

User Detail :  

Name : Coolcat32020, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Mike
    Participant
    Constructive comment? This is as constructive as it gets: Jerry Falwell is an idiot who if deprived of his pulpit would be seen as nothing but the whacko he really is. I find it an insult to every Christian's sensibility that this man continues to spew such hate from his tiny mind.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 42, City : Ben Lomand, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.