Do you read while you’re…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Jamie20913
    Participant
    I know women and men who do this, so I definitely don't see this as rare for either sex. I've never thought of seriously trying this myself before, because I just don't stay on nearly long enough to bother. But now that I think about it, it does give you that concentration that's perfect for getting reading done. I guess because going into the bathroom behind a locked door or whatever and feeling like no one will bother you or there are no distractions just relaxes. You don't even have to do anything - just pull your pants down, sit down and start reading ... and it works.

User Detail :  

Name : Jamie20913, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Reading, State : PA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Bunnie
    Participant
    I sing to myself on the toilet.

User Detail :  

Name : Bunnie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 15, City : Chattanooga, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : basketball/high school, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Sarah28418
    Participant
    I like to grab a mag on my way to the potty. It makes things much easier. If I don't have anything I usually read shampoo, lotion or whatever is close to me. If you don't read on the toilet, then what do you do to relax? I mean, pushing out the nasty really fast and hard can cause hemorrhoids!

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah28418, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Troy, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sonja
    Participant
    I don't think it's a male thing. I couldn't imagine 'doing my duty' without reading. As a matter of fact, I CAN'T No. 2 without getting completely undressed, pulling my feet up on the toilet seat and grabbing something good to read to help me concentrate. Yes, my friends and family think it's stupid, but it works. And guess what? My nine-year-old daughter has adapted to the same comfortableness!

User Detail :  

Name : Sonja, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : nurse, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Christy
    Participant
    I'm a female and I have to read something on the toilet. I'm not even particularly picky about it - I'll read the back of a shampoo bottle, toothpaste tube, etc. You should check out the 'Uncle John's Bathroom Readers' in the comedy section of your local bookstore. They make for a great read.

User Detail :  

Name : Christy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : american, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : starving college student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

JO32414
    Participant
    I learned the joys of bathroom reading from my mother. I don't think gender enters into it.

User Detail :  

Name : JO32414, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Other Pacific Islander, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Technology, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

John27417
    Participant
    Personally, I like to read the backs of cereal boxes when I'm pooping.

User Detail :  

Name : John27417, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 20, City : na, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : couch potato, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

David
    Participant
    Yes, I read there. Growing up, it was the one place in the house you could read a book without people sitting down to talk to you or telling you to go outside. At night, it was the only place in the house you could have a light on without getting in trouble.

User Detail :  

Name : David, City : Tacoma, State : WA Country : United States, 

Sarah
    Participant
    I read, but only when I'm at home. I won't hop on in to the toilet at work with a book in hand, unlike all my male co-workers - which is pretty handy, by the way, because if I really have to pee and I see someone heading in that direction with a book in hand, I can head them off so I won't have to wait for an hour before the "smoke" clears.

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : na, Disability : na, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 21, City : Swannanoa, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Crew at a pizza place, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sarah28417
    Participant
    I like to grab a mag on my way to the potty. It makes things much easier. If I don't have anything I usually read shampoo, lotion or whatever is close to me. If you don't read on the toilet, what do you do to relax yourself when... ?

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah28417, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Troy, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Meiran
    Participant
    I read on the toilet all the time. What else is there to do? Sure, you might not make it through War and Peace, but I tend to flip through catalogues. Actually, I go through my mail a lot. I get the mail, walk in the door and go to the bathroom. Seems perfectly logical to me. It's not a male or female thing. I think it's an attention span thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Meiran, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Roanoke, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tom24093
    Participant
    I have been reading in the bathroom for as far back as I can remember, though I don't know why I started. While I have always enjoyed reading, I do believe I can focus better at these moments as there is less to distract me. And lately, with how hectic my days seem to get, it is sometimes the ONLY time I get to read.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom24093, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 37, City : Lancaster, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Denise T
    Participant
    Do not let the women fool you. We read on the toilet as well. I find it a great past-time.

User Detail :  

Name : Denise T, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : Edwardsville, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

PT
    Participant
    I used to read on the throne as a kid, but nowadays I rarely do. My wife reads all the time, though, but she also spends a half hour in there doing her business. Myself, I'm in and out in a couple minutes.

User Detail :  

Name : PT, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 27, City : Quincy, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Information Systems, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

SecretMe
    Participant
    Being a mom of three, sometimes the only quiet time I can get until everyone is in bed is in the bathroom. It's a quiet place where I can lock the door and spend a few minutes in peace. I generally keep Reader's Digest or something else on hand, but sometimes I even make a special trip to get the current book I am reading before heading for the bathroom. For me, it's just a good place to take a break.

User Detail :  

Name : SecretMe, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 40, City : Tacoma, State : WA Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.