Girls

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brett W.
    Participant
    Why do girls think they're fat?

User Detail :  

Name : Brett W., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 16, City : Brewerton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Marc22180
    Participant
    I think girls always think they are fat because they always try to get guys' attention and try to look beautiful with a sexy body, so they always think they are fat when guys don't pay attention to them.

User Detail :  

Name : Marc22180, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : professional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Lucy22435
    Participant
    Girls and women suffer from body image issues because the standard of beauty in the United States is so unattainable. In the movies, on TV, in magazines - the vast majority of women are relatively tall and very thin. These are the images of beauty that we are taught to live up to, and most women don't fit that criteria and never could, no matter what they do. Most fashionable clothing is designed and manufactured to fit the tall, thin frame of actresses and models, which further perpetuates women's view that they need to be thinner.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy22435, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Meg
    Participant
    Most don't. If a girl really thinks she is fat, she would most likely not bring it up, so as to not bring attention to herself. A girl who complains she is fat is most likely looking for attention and reassurance that she is, indeed, not fat.

User Detail :  

Name : Meg, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Modesto, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Library Page/Assistant, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

George *******
    Participant
    What I have as a guy is actually much like that: I feel like I have small muscles and that I must work out more. I am always being told how strong I am by my fears, but I am worried of losing my muscles, so I work out more.

User Detail :  

Name : George *******, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Dwanny
    Participant
    because society tells us were nothing if we're not SKINNY. Note I didn't say a healthy weight. Girls as young as 8 are obscessing about diet and being thin. I am morbidly obese, and people look at me as if I'm a freak. They think nothing about making insulting remarks, as if I can't hear them. I hear women say all the time, 'I'm so fat, I need to lose 5-10 lbs' HUH? How do they think that makes me feel? The so-called women's magazines have conflicting messages. One page is the latest fad diet, while the next page is a recipe for quadruple chocolate cake with icing 4 inches thick. And Hollywood--OMG. Those ppl are unreal. Liposuction, rib removal, starving themselves, eating disorders, abusing laxatives, puking, etc.

User Detail :  

Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX Country : United States, 

Dina M.
    Participant
    fashion magazines and the media. britney spears was about 120 (not big at all) and she was labeled as fat. you can see the ribs on most models. stores alter the clothing sizes so while a girl was once considered a size 8, when she goes to the store next time size 10 will fit her and size 8 won't. its media and business conditioning.

User Detail :  

Name : Dina M., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : unsure, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Poet, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.