Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
RhondaOutlawMemberRemember India? India still has a caste system, and a “color” system whereby the lighter and “less Indian looking” you are, the more beautiful and desired you are considered. This also occurs in the Middle East, in Asian countries, it isn’t exclusive to African Americans.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMember…of what, I won’t say. I’ve never read on Y, any AA’s express that they’d personally been “forced” here. I think what you’d REALLY like is for us not to discuss the history of the past wrong doings and evils of this country because it makes you uncomfortable. Too bad.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberDamn, Jake, you certainly don’t sound like a happy brotha…in fact, you sound downright hostile and defensive, and it sounds like you don’t care too much for Black women, either. I love Black men. But some Black men have some serious issues with Black women. Let’s start with the term STRONG BLACK WOMAN. In many instances, we are strong, and with good reason. In addition to having had to fight racism, we’ve also had to fight sexism…and white men weren’t the only men who were tossing sexism our way…the brothas were doing it too. Abuse from white man, topped with abuse from black men…what is a woman to do…crumble, or toughen up and stand strong? Not to get too far off topic, but this relates to this topic. I’m sure you remember The Color Purple. I certainly do, and I als
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberI stopped “conforming” more than 10 years ago when I ditched those horrible relaxers, cut off my relaxed hair and opted to wear it natural. Fast forward to today — I now wear shoulder-length locs. I decided Corporate America was not in control of my hair; I was. I am a happier black woman because of my decision, and because I no longer suffer from dry, broken, brittle, thinning hair and irritated scalp due to relaxers. Corporate America would do well to back off as respects African Americans and their God given hair; they could find themselves facing some major lawsuits, due to racial discrimination.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMember>>>>YAWN!!!<<<< How about making friends with INTELLIGENT people?
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberHow do you feel about white males who are pedophiles who rape and murder little girls and boys? How do you feel about white dude who shot up a mall recently, and killed eight innocent people? How do you feel about white serial killers? How do you feel about white men who commit white collar crimes that affect us all, i.e. the Enron Scandal? How do you feel about the two white men who killed an entire family during a home invasion in New York…repeatedly raped the mother and two daughters, then set the house on fire, and left them to die? How do you feel about all the white people in this country who lynched, raped and murdered black people just because they’re black? Lastly, how do you feel about our illustrious white president, who started a war…that has resulted in t
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMember…well, if they’re that afraid to touch my hand, perhaps they don’t need to touch my money, either, and I’ll take my business elsewhere.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberWhat Ann needs is a good, old fashioned ass kicking…a “hood” ass kicking, like the one Sonny Corleone gave his brother-in-law. Thing is, she would not DARE say the shit she does in the faces of black people…
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberWell, Cliff, might I suggest you pack up and move to another planet, because black men…men PERIOD…are not going to stop wearing cologne…cheap or otherwise…because YOU don’t like the smell. I find it strange that you’re slinging snot over black men wearing so called “cheap” cologne…tell me, Cliffy…do you also snivel and whine about the various scents of foods, some very spicy/pungent? Do you complain about the smell of gasoline fumes when you visit your gas station to fill up (or are you too sensitive and delicate to drive a vehicle)? Do you complain about the very heavy exhaust fumes that come from cars, buses, etc? Are you sensitive to the smell of your own breath, which I believe to be as rank, stank and foul as the question you posed about my brothas. Get a clue, st
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberI get what MB is saying. Love/sex scenes are not the problem. Lack of black characters in caring, loving, respectful male/female relationships IS the problem. Luckily, there have been a few movies out recently featuring black people in good relationships…or working to make them good/better. And I don’t know how many Denzel Washington movies you’ve seen, but I can tell you that Denzel has not gotten plenty of “Action” as you call it. Training Day-scene hinted at action, no explicit scenes Remember the Titans-no action The Bone Collector-no action Hurricane – no action He Got Game -no action The Preacher’s Wife – no action – he portrayed an angel Courage Under Fire – no action Devil in a Blue Dress – one “action” scene Crimson Tide – no action The Pelican Brief – no action
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMember…you must be smokin’weed and drinking to make that statement. Exactly how many black people do you know? How long have you known them, and have they ever smoked weed in your presence?? I could ask why is it that white people, esp. white teenagers, drink more than black people, and why is it that the majority of vehicle related deaths in the country are caused by WHITE people between the age of 16-25 who had been DRUNK behind the wheel? Can you answer THAT one? ‘Course you can’t.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberWilliam, fortunately your statement does not apply to every African-American woman. I am an African-American woman who in 2000 cut off my relaxed, shoulder-length ‘bouncin’ & behavin’ hair because I was sick and tired of white society dictating to me what is beautiful and what is not. I decided that my natural hair was just as beautiful and acceptable as anyone else’s. Almost three years later, I have a headful of thick, beautiful African-textured hair, and I feel I have come full circle as an African-American woman. And I am happy. Bottom line: I am no longer interested in being ‘acceptable’ to white America, or black America, for that matter, with respect to my hair. White and black America must accept me, exactly as I am, in all my beautiful black glory.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberAfter having a baby 11 years ago, I went from a size 6 to a size 16. Thanks to the South Beach Diet, I am a size 10 and my goal is a size 8. About a third of black women in this country are obese, and it’s ruining our health. Many of us suffer from hypertension, diabetes and are at great risk of having strokes and heart attacks. Every day I see overweight women who cannot walk a city block or up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing. Many of us have very poor eating habits and diets. Greasy, high-carb, starchy diets are contributing to the obesity and contributing health problems. I would love to shoot the person who coined the term, ‘big and beautiful’, because it’s a big lie. There is NOTHING beautiful about a woman who’s 50, 100 or more pounds overweight. Obesity is unattractive. Yes, I tried to fool myself with that ‘I’m big and beautiful’ nonsense…right up til the second I broke the zipper out of a pair of size 14 pants I was trying on last summer. And as I looked at myself in that mirror, my heart broke. It was that day that I resolved to stop lying to myself, and lose the weight. Using cute terms will not erase the truth that too many of us are just too damn big. And there’s nothing beautiful about it. And trust me; the majority of overweight sistas are not feeling the confidence they exude.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberWhen I see a very overweight person, the first thing I think is ‘Thank goodness that isn’t me’. Most people think that way, but they won’t admit it. Everytime a thin or average-size woman or man looks at an overweight person, they secretly fear becoming that person someday. I know I do. Also, we’ve taken the phrase ‘big and beautiful’ to an unacceptable level. There is nothing beautiful about a 300-pound woman. Likewise, there is nothing attractive about a 300-pound man. Fat is not pretty. Sorry.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberLee, the average age of female anchors in New York is 35 and up. It is actually the reverse here; it is rare to see a very young anchor woman.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences