Strong-smelling after-shave on African Americans

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cliff
    Why is it that a good many of my fellow African-Americans wear cheap-smelling after-shave as cologne? I am sensitive to smells and don't like to smell others, especially loud perfumes/colognes and 'after shave'.

User Detail :  

Name : Cliff, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Atheist, Age : 33, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : DMI technician, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lynne
    Participant
    I'm kind of surprised that you think of this as an African-American characteristic. In my experience,almost all male cologne wearers use way too much--you can smell them coming for blocks. Many women overdo the scent as well, but not to the extent that men do.

User Detail :  

Name : Lynne, Gender : F, City : Gainesville, State : FL Country : United States, 
    Well, Cliff, might I suggest you pack up and move to another planet, because black men...men PERIOD...are not going to stop wearing cologne...cheap or otherwise...because YOU don't like the smell. I find it strange that you're slinging snot over black men wearing so called "cheap" cologne...tell me, Cliffy...do you also snivel and whine about the various scents of foods, some very spicy/pungent? Do you complain about the smell of gasoline fumes when you visit your gas station to fill up (or are you too sensitive and delicate to drive a vehicle)? Do you complain about the very heavy exhaust fumes that come from cars, buses, etc? Are you sensitive to the smell of your own breath, which I believe to be as rank, stank and foul as the question you posed about my brothas. Get a clue, st

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.