Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
RhondaOutlawMemberSorry, white folks, but some of the most beautiful, classy-looking women, past and present, have been and are brunettes. Think Liz Taylor and Ava Gardner, for example – breathtakingly beautiful women who oozed class and style. Now compare them to Pamela Anderson and the wannabees. Blondes may have more fun, but brunettes are more beautiful.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberI don’t mean to be a smart ass – well actually, I do – but perhaps if you weren’t so busy looking around to see who’s looking at you, then you wouldn’t actually see anyone looking up and down at you. People look at people all the time. If I happen to look up and see someone looking at me, unstead of getting all huffy about it, I take their looking at me as a compliment – and smile. Nine times out of 10, they smile back at me, we have a nice exchange of words, and guess what? Turns out that the person who was staring was admiring something I was wearing, or admiring my hair or whatever. Do yourself a favor: take a deep breath, exhale slowly, get over yourself and stop being so damned childish and petty. You’re making not only a sexist issue out of this, but a racial one. Are you sure you’re 32? Humph … from the sound of your silly question, I thought you might be 13.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberGee, I guess those white folks step outside to smoke and who toss their cigarette butts on the ground, in lieu of using the astray, are a figment of my imagination. The white folks I see tossing garbage out of their car windows…guess I imagined that, too.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberSpitting is a filthy, disgusting habit that only ignorant, nasty people engage in…Black, white or otherwise. Here’s a solution to your spitting problem. Try using a napkin or a paper towel.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberWhat’s ‘convenient’ about having to put harsh chemicals in your hair every six to eight weeks, having to rinse the chemicals out, use a ‘special’ shampoo to ‘lock’ the straightness in, having to set your hair on rollers or use a hot curling iron, praying that it doesn’t rain, or that it won’t get humid, or that the wind won’t blow and ruin your ‘do’; what’s convenient about going to a pool party and not being able to swim for fear of wetting your hair? I wash, twist my hair, and go. I can walk in the rain, I don’t care how high the humidity gets, I can swim, and I don’t duck and dodge the wind. Best of all, I’m not being ripped off by salons for $100 or more every visit. Best of all, there are no chemicals eating up my hair. Now THAT’S convenience.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberYou are free to wear your hair as you like. But we both know why you don’t like ‘NATURAL’ hair. And trust me…your hair is NOT more manageable than mine. Your hair in it’s relaxed state requires alot more maintainence than mine, and I’ve got about eight inches of natural hair that I maintain. For those women who are in denial about WHY they relax their hair, there is an excellent book called ‘Nappy Hair…Taming the Roots of African Hair in America’. The author doesn’t lie, and the truth about the self hate that many Black women feel towards themselves and their hair is in the book. So Cocoa I know why you don’t ‘like’ nappy hair…you’ve been taught that your hair is ugly. But I’ll say this…there is nothing uglier, or sadder, than a Black woman with a perm…I screams I HATE MYSELF.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberHermann, I’ve worn my hair natural for almost four years now, I’ve been with this company for more than eight years now, but still spruce up my resume and cover letter ‘just in case’. Would you believe there are African American people who ask me what am I going to ‘do’ with my hair, if I have to ever look for another job?? There are people who think this is still a ‘phase’ I’m going through. I almost feel sorry for them and their ignorance.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberBlack women have been told since our forced arrival to this country that there is something wrong with our hair, and like fools, we bought into it. Add to that the fact that the black hair care industry has made a killing off our foolishness. This industry has made billions of dollars off the shame and embarrassment black women have been taught to feel about their own hair. Thing is, many black women’s hair, frankly, looks like stir-fried crap; not because of its natural texture, but because they’ve destroyed their hair with chemicals. The relaxed hair of the average black woman is thin, stiff, brittle, broken and uneven; in short, it is a mess. But these women would rather lose a limb than go and cut that awful hair off their heads and go natural. And someone should introduce legislation to ban those ridiculous ponytails and weaves. Sorry, ladies, but most of you look awful wearing this mess. I don’t understand why some women would rather look ridiculous with some fake-ass hair when they would look great with their own, natural hair.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberNo one is required to speak to anyone. If you wish to greet someone, you simply greet them, and move on. Honestly, why are you making a racial issue of something as unimportant as who speaks first? You must be bored; tell your supervisor to give you some more work to do.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberThe first thing you would do is NOT refer to him or her as ‘colored’. You might get popped in the chops for that one. Black people do not like or appreciate being called ‘colored’. Try black or African American. And you talk to African-American people the same way you talk to anyone else. We are no less or better than other people. Now I understand why I don’t have any white friends, nor do I have a desire to have any. For a race that claims to be superior, some of you are incredibly stupid.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberI don’t believe people of ANY other ethnic culture respect black men and women. They don’t want to ‘date’ us in the conventional sense – they want to screw us, bed us down. I would never date a white man. The history between black women and white men in this country is too dirty, too ugly, too hateful. The thought of a white man on top of me, having a ‘master/slave’ fantasy, repulses me. So I’ll stick with black men.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberYears ago I wore braided extensions, and I didn’t have your experience. I bought good-quality hair (perhaps you did not) and had it braided at the top hair braiding salon in New York. They looked and felt wonderful. These days, I wear my own, natural hair. As for guys getting close and snuggling, well, that isn’t exactly what’s on my mind when it comes to hair care. I prefer people not to touch my hair. It’s a bit annoying and intrusive.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberI’ve had bad experiences with just about every foreign Black in this country…Haitians, Jamaicans, Africans…but especially with Haitians. So while I won’t disrespect Haitians (or any other group, for that matter), I’m not exactly looking to be ‘pals’ with them, either.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberSeamus is right on point. Most White men, young or old, are not interested in dating Black women, or getting to know us, as women. Their primary interest is sexual. So, to all Black women who might be ‘flattered’ from the attention a White man might pay you, take heed: he only wants what is between your legs. But then, what else would expect from a group of men who feel they’re ‘superior’, anyway? And keep this in mind…one human being cannot truly love another human being, when he feels superior over another. So watch out, my sistas!
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
RhondaOutlawMemberTo approach ANY woman drunk, is an insult. No woman with any self esteem whatsoever, would even give a man like that the time of day. The very fact that some White Men feel it’s okay to approach us drunk, says alot about how they feel about Black women. Which is why I heed my mama’s advice, to this day…stay away from White men, because they do not have good intentions towards Black women. And Mama was absolutely right.
User Detail :
Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences