White men don’t like this flavor?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Chrissy
    I am a young, attractive multiracial woman, with a light complexion and ethnic features. I'm thicker than your average white girl (I have bigger breasts and behind) and get attention from black and Latin men, but not from white men. Why don't white men talk to non-white women? Is it that they are intimidated by ethnic women, or are they just not attracted to us?

User Detail :  

Name : Chrissy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Creole/Mexican, Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : health care, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    I posted a similar answer to another question, but I want to emphasize my point. The media is geared toward white men, and the media focuses on telling white men what they want. It tells them what they need to feel good about themselves, be manly, be rich, whatever. So they fall into the Barbie trap. Statistically there are many more cases of anorexia and bulemia in white American women than any other culture/ethnicity - because we're convinced that in order to be loved, we have to look like Barbie. More white American women die of cosmetic surgery than any other culture/ethnicity as well. Black and Latino American men are much more accepting of different body types, because the media doesn't make them feel like they have to be attached to Barbie to be happy. So, what it all comes down to - white men are more likely to be brainwashed, because that's who the media targets the most.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nikki20068
    Participant
    You said that you are bigger than the average white woman. Well, sorry to say, but a lot of white men nowadays are attracted to a skinnier, size 2-6 frame because that's what the media says is attractive. This doesn't mean there aren't white men that will be attracted to a thicker woman, but there are quite a few that want the thin body, especially the ones in upper-class segments. If you had a narrow body, you may get approached more by white men. I have seen this happen with very petite black women. This was even the case with me when I was size 3. In fact some black women that are in this category decide to date white men because they find black men want meat on a woman's bones.

User Detail :  

Name : Nikki20068, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : DC, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

bumpy19303
    Participant
    a little from column a, a little from column b, and a little from column c, column c being that black and latino women tend to act contemptuously and unwelcoming towards white guys.

User Detail :  

Name : bumpy19303, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

LaShawn
    Chrissy, white men like non-white women--trust me. I think it may be that this country--no, this WORLD, still sees white women as the ultimate, ideal woman. Don't worry about it; they will realize what they are missing someday!!

User Detail :  

Name : LaShawn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 31, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Chris
    I myself, find all races attractive and I too have my preferences. Perhaps the white men in your area are simply too afraid to approach you. Other white men seem to be very hesitant in approaching an attractive non-white women. If they aren't proud enough to be with you, then they aren't good enough for you.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris
    I don't know the reason why white men aren't attracted to ethnic women, it's just a personal choice. I also think the reason why white men aren't into that is because they're worried that the interests of the person their interested in won't match their own. It's not that they're not attracted to ethnic women, it's just that maybe dating people out of their race isn't their thing. I know your situation though with the attraction of other races. I am Filipino/Spanish/Chinese/Irish(white), and I have a tendency to attract Latinas. Why, because my features are very Spanish, or what is known as 'mestiso' which is a mixture. I used to think that black women weren't into anyone who wasn't tall, dark, and Billy Dee Williams (that was a while back, but you know what I'm talking about).

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : FILIPINO, Age : 24, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jaeden
    I can't really say why you do not get attention from white men Chrissy. I am also a biracial woman living in California and I am currently married to a white man and have dated many. I seem to get as much or more attention living in Modesto from white men then from blacks. The only time that was not true in my life is when I lived in a mountian communitity in Sonora C.A. and even there I can't say that I white men didn't like me because I dated serveral of them there too just not as many hispanics and blacks. I have however noticed that a few of the white males who usually date outside there race tend to behave as they assume a very stereotypically black male would. So if your looking to date white men I would say you might be looking in the wrong places because my experience has been that the ones that like it love this flavor. P.S. If you feel comfortable check out the personal ads some newspapers even have a section for interracial dating.

User Detail :  

Name : Jaeden, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : biracial, Religion : Christian, Age : 28, City : modesto, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Michael
    Participant
    Chrissy, I'm a 28yr old white male. I'm from a small town in southern Ohio and didn't grow up around any people of any ethnic background besides white folk. However, I found that I am attracted to all ethnic women, in fact my wife is Afro-American, and I am actually not attracted to white women. I, of course, notice and appreciate attractive women of any race but my preference is other than white. It sounds to me that you are either in the wrong place, going to the wrong spots or you just haven't found a white man that is looking for you, if that's what you want. Maybe you should make a trip to Ohio :) There is the chance that the men you are around are intimidated by you. They could think that they don't stand a chance and don't risk it or they may see that you have attention from black and hispanic men and you aren't interested in them. Are you interested? Have you shown it to a guy you like? There is also the possibility that the white men around actually aren't attracted to you, it happens :) I hope this helps relieve your stress a little and I'm always ready to discus this more. Michael

User Detail :  

Name : Michael, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Jax, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Tech, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Dan31709
    Participant
    It's because of lack of exposure. Most white men have been exposed to little else but white women their entire life (discounting R&B videos on Mtv or the occasional non-white movie star), and they are unaccustomed to the unfamiliar. Also, they have only been exposed to the so-called white ideal of beauty (6 feet tall, 105 lbs., blond hair blue eyes, a toaster tan, etc.) and have not been familiarized with that of most other cultures (long dark hair, womanly curves, brown skin, etc.). I myself have lived in Los Angeles since Day Zero, and have known lovely ladies that run the gamut of Persian, South American, African-American, Central American, Arabic, Afghani, Armenian, Thai, Filipina, Japanese, Indian, Russian, to you name it! They're all here.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan31709, Gender : M, Race : Chicano, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 23, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Future Social Scientist, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Eric25212
    Participant
    Probably intimidation Ususally I feel non-white women don't want anything to do with white men, and rejection can hurt

User Detail :  

Name : Eric25212, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Epilepsy, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Kansas City, State : KS Country : United States, Occupation : IT professional, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    Dear Chrissy, I too, like you, am of multiracial heritage. I have brown skin, full lips, and an athletic figure (read--bigger than your average rail thin woman). Throughout my life I have attracted the fairest of mean--one serious boyfriend was of norwegian descent and had white blond eybrows, lashes, and hair. We were quite a couple! I remember thinking when he asked me out, 'he must be joking.' We dated for five years. I think once white men got to know me they were intrigued by me--Once they saw that I didn't fit into any particular boxes, they were curious--and got to know me. This opened the door for other things. I tend to be a reserved, introspective person--which always lends itself to mystery I think. So that might be part of it too. But, overall my response to you is, as I'm sure you know, that not all people of any background ever fall into one category--so all white men, for example do not share one taste in women. If you have white male friends, ask them their opinion directly! See what they say. Have fun.

User Detail :  

Name : Susan Pizarro-Eckert, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Multiracial--SHOCKED that's not an option here!, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 33, City : Brightwaters, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Personal/Business Coach, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Tom
    Participant
    It's probably a cultural thing that causes white men to mainly go after skinny white women. I personally prefer latin women because I like a 'thicker' woman with more curves. As we becine a more diverse society I think you will see more white men appreciate women of other ethnic backgrounds. I think as time goes on people will open up their minds a bit more.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom, City : Ft. Lauderdale, State : FL Country : United States, 

Ben
    Participant
    Personally, I think that many white women have breasts and bottoms that could use some filling out :) I tend to find a number of latin and black women attractive. However, as a white man, I tend to be in the minority in feeling this way. A lot of white guys like very thin women, with hardly any shape, especially in the hips and butt. To me thats very unnatractive, but everyone has their own preferances. Why don't more white men strike up conversations with women of color? I think you hit the nail on the head, they're intimidated. Most 'ethnic' girls are, on the whole, louder and more animated than white girls, and I think that a lot of white guys are intimated buy guys who arent white also, whether they want to say it or not, and are affraid that they'll anger them by hitting on girls who aren't white.

User Detail :  

Name : Ben, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Morgantown, State : WV Country : United States, Occupation : salesperson, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Cherry32312
    Participant
    They simply are not attracted to black women. i've heard white guys say that black women are more 'agressive' looking. They prefer women with a softer more 'feminine' look. Which is why they prefer blondes. They love asians because they passive and very fragile. It's a dominance thing to these men. If they feel they can't dominate you then they will nOT be interested.

User Detail :  

Name : Cherry32312, City : Toronto, State : WY Country : Canada, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.