French whores

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Julie
    Participant
    What does it mean when an American calls someone a 'French whore'? How is that different from an American whore?

User Detail :  

Name : Julie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Europeans in general are more open about sex, and more accepting of prostitution as an industry, than Americans. Our 'highly advanced' country is still obsessed with Puritanism and other moralistic rules and regulations meant to keep women down. When these same people view West European culture, such as French culture, they judge the way France glorifies the female body as being immoral. They also don't want to admit that the American media glorifies the female body just as much (but America glorifies the plastic Barbie woman rather than the real thing) - the same way they don't want to think of prostitution as an issue in our culture. It's something that happens 'over there.'

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Doug25645
    Participant
    I believe the reference is 'You smell like a French whore.' As I understand the phrase, it refers to an overindulgence in perfume; perhaps because France is the home of expensive fragrances, or because historically the French court used fragrance to hide their body odor caused by infrequent bathing. 'Whore' would also indicate a social class, perhaps someone of a lower or working class putting on airs - in this case literally by liberally applying perfume. The sexual aspect of whoring is ignored.

User Detail :  

Name : Doug25645, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 39, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Administrator, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jedd C.
    Participant
    I always took that to mean that a woman is heavily perfumed.

User Detail :  

Name : Jedd C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : escrow, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Hanna21409
    Participant
    I had no idea Americans use the term 'French whores,' but I would say that after having seen a great variety of both (American and French whores), the answer might be simple: like the average French person, whores over there have more elegance and class than their American colleagues.

User Detail :  

Name : Hanna21409, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 27, City : Stockholm, State : VA Country : Sweden, Occupation : Researcher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

T
    Participant
    Where I live, 'French Whore' refers to a person wearing way too much perfume, especially one who wears it in the mistaken belief that it covers body odor. The French have often been noted for their exquisite perfumes, and known by the British for overindulging in them. The 'whore' part I believe refers to a. whores tend to overdo all feminine signals (i.e. dress and make-up), and b. whores are often thought to be dirty. Since the French are considered dirtier and smellier by individual of Britics descent, it follows that a French whore would be particularly smelly, indeed.

User Detail :  

Name : T, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 30, City : Morgantown, State : WV Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Gregg
    I take 100-degree showers and put on 7 kinds of aftershave. I'm proud to be a French whore! And I go to the mall and try on all the testers.

User Detail :  

Name : Gregg, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 36, City : Sterling Heights, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : shop rat, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Rick29926
    Participant
    A 'French whore' is a prostitute from France. American whores are from the USA. That's the difference.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29926, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.