ShirleyAvery

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 272 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What’s Wrong with Women? #20740

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    Women are much more open about health problems and willing to deal with them than men. My father was a family doctor and explained this to me. Men don’t want to appear weak. This makes sense from an evolutionary point of view because of the “survival of the fittest”. Weaker males in most species don’t get the best pick of “babes” and they are more frequently targeted by more powerful males for competition and fights. My point is, there are plenty of men with “conditions” (I’ve dated several). They just don’t advertise it like women do. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Getting older people off the roads #20741

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    Older drivers see their cars as a symbol of independence (as the rest of us do). If they are honest with themselves, they can be convinced of the safety issues by their doctors. With an 86 y.o. mother who’s just been strongly advised not to drive by 2 doctors, it’s difficult psychologically because it will require some changes in her routine. We haven’t taken away her keys, though one of the doctors was willing to sign the legal papers for that, but we’ve convinced her it’s unsafe to her and others for her to be driving. I’ve also looked into other options for her transportation that have made this decision a little easier. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Elderly people and hidden sexual traumas #20742

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    Older folks that age generally have a lot more health problems, often chronic pain problems that make it harder to smile at life. Also, they’ve probably lost close friends and/or spouses, which is a tough trauma. Middle age and old age bring a diminishment of physical and sometimes mental prowess which is discouraging. There could be lots of reasons for bitterness and unhappiness. When I was a teen, I couldn’t begin to imagine what it was really like to be old. Now I do. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: teens #20743

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    For the same reason teens may misjudge older folks – making assumptions, lack of information, etc. Plus, the computer and other electronic technology of the past 20 years has created a much bigger gap between the generations than in the past. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: teenage? insecurities #20744

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    I applaud your honesty and self-knowledge. MAturity CAN result in more self-confidence, partly because we’ve learned that most of the mistakes we’ve made were not fatal or even that serious. If you come from a family like mine where there was more criticism than encouragement (to put it mildly), it may take some counseling and/or support groups to gain confidence to counteract the ill effects of such a family. In any case, when you get older, you tend not to care so much what other people think about you. Instead of trying to please everyone, you try to find people with whom there is mutual respect and appreciation and forget about the others. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Depression #20790

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    I hope that you are still around and that you have gotten professional help. I have a long history of depression and it’s been difficult to go thru the trial and error of getting the right meds to treat the problem without giving unacceptable side effects, but it’s worth the effort. There are clinics that take patients on a sliding fee scale and I hope you’ve found help. Life can be better. You might also seek some self-help groups. If there’s any alcoholism or drug use in you or a family member, try AA or Al-Anon. They’re both free. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: older vs. younger #21508

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    Generally, it’s not a case of eligibility, it’s age discrimination that prevents employers from considering older adults. Also, experienced older adults are generally more costly to employ in terms of both salary and benefits. Not fair. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Would You ? #21509

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    Some would, some wouldn’t. I’d ask you to be honest with yourself & her about the following: are you looking for a serious long-term relationship or just a sexual affair? I’m not judging, just asking. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Buy it for the articles? #21467

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    I’m a straight female who subscribed to Playboy mag. Why? The subject of sex is erotic. The jokes were funny and the advice columns gave me insights into the minds of men. I sometimes read Esquire for the same reason. I enjoy the photos of beautiful naked women and men. I have both. The women’s photos seem to have more warmth and emotion. That appeals to me because sex is an emotion and physical experience for me and most women. The naked men photos (from gay mags) just show off the equipment without much emotion. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Does this mean anything ? #21449

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    When I watch porn, I don’t get off on lesbian scenes, but in hetero sex scenes, I definitely enjoy watching pretty girl with nice rounded boobs. It’s not that I want her. I imagine that I AM her when I watch her screw. I also want to see a handsome man, not an ugly guy with a big cock. Do you feel the same way? I am straight, have experimented with another woman many years ago. It was OK, but I really missed the penis. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Positions #21453

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    Most book stores have a section on sexuality or it’s under psychology or relationships. Anyway, there are a variety of books. The Kama Sutra is an ancient Indian book with many positions and good advice for pleasing your lady. You can even find it online with photos – not porn. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Do women like it that way #21454

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    When I was younger, none of the above appealed to me, though I loved sex. As I got older & more experienced, I was willing to experiment, BUT… I was not raised in a religion that considered sex dirty or only for marriage. Women who were raised in such homes may be less adventuresome. My advice to you – concentrate on how to be a good lover, good kisser, wanting to please your partner. If you focus on pleasing her (not just for selfish reasons or reciprocation), she’s likely to be more receptive, but some women simply do not like porn and/or oral sex and/or anal sex. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: growing up in a bad family #21430

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    I hope you have moved out by now. If not, I would encourage you to find a way to remove yourself from that home. If money is a problem and you can’t get a job, there are shelters for battered women Get away! Still, the emotional scars will be there, so get counseling. There are counseling centers that charge patients on a sliding scale according to their ability to pay. And/or if you are religious, go to your minister for counseling. If you are in college, go to the school’s counseling service. Good luck! Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: how big is a big penis? #21431

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    Unless you’re planning to go into the porn industry, why does it matter? You can’t change it. Some women claim to like big cocks, most don’t care that much about size. If been with guys of all sizes and it was the love and affection and attitude of the guy that mattered most — with this exception: there was one guy that was REALLY BIG. Seeing it was a turn on, but even with lots of lubrication, it hurt like hell to have sex, so that was the end of that relationship. Smart Girl Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Crazy Politics #21432

    ShirleyAvery
    Member

    I agree with the tone of your question. Lots of people have screwed up priorities. Everything in Congress is political. The Republican congress wanted to make Clinton look bad to encourage voters to support Republican candidates, so they made a big issue out of the “sex scandal”. Unfortunately, these same Republicans still controlled congress when Bush made the big mistake of the Iraq war. They didn’t want to admit his mistake or theirs, so they didn’t want to punish him for it and make their party look bad to voters. Just Curious

    User Detail :  

    Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO, Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 272 total)