Blacks and white hair

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Shu27990
    Participant
    Why are you checking out some other chick's hair anyway? Maybe she likes her hair that way. Maybe the sight of your nappy hair scared hers straight...who knows...WHO CARES?! NO ONE!

User Detail :  

Name : Shu27990, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 19, City : Rosslyn, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

vaness
    Participant
    Is it just me or does anyone else believe the originator of the post about blacks straightening their hair is not a black girl.

User Detail :  

Name : vaness, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 33, City : los angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : agent, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

NP20233
    Participant
    Personally my hair is as nappy as the day i was born, but the problem with many black females is that they have the slave mentality that to get anywhere you have to look white i.e. the straigting or the hair, the coloring of the hair and different color contacts. Alot of Black people fail to see that we are the only race on this planet with nappy kinky hair , everyone and thing else has fur meaning that there is something special about us.

User Detail :  

Name : NP20233, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 17, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lonnie
    Participant
    As a white male, I have often wondered why you would go through what you do to have straight hair. 'Because we have/want too!' you say. I say, 'Give me au na'tural!' It's simple elegance. Whether it's wild and nappy, short and scrim, dreadlocked, braided, or corn-rolled it is (IMHO) awesome!

User Detail :  

Name : Lonnie, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 33, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : audio producer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Nina
    Participant
    As my father says, there is nothing wrong with your hair, there is something wrong with your comb.

User Detail :  

Name : Nina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : mulit, Religion : Catholic, Age : 33, City : CS, State : CO Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

chas32297
    Participant
    it is a very big misconception that only white people have naturally straight hair. Mainly a misconception of the uneducated. Actually,many black people in other countries around the world have naturally straight, wavy and curly, blonde and red hair,some even have blue and green eyes. (not bi-racials)it is also a fact that black women are not the only women who straigten their hair, white women also spend as much time and money straihtenin thier hair as black women unbenounced to you. if you can only find a man that is only interested in your ass than it has nothin to do with your hair or dark and lovely it has to do with the low life men you are attracting. try dressing more conservatively. show less ass and more class and bet you will find a good man.

User Detail :  

Name : chas32297, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 28, City : dearborn, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Libby
    I'm a white teenager, so I can't speak for African-Americans, but in general I think there is a lot of pressure for black women to look like white women. Many of the African-American women who are models, singers, actresses, and figures who are in the public eye a lot, have more 'white' facial features. Straightening their natural hair would go along with this, I think. That's just my take on it.

User Detail :  

Name : Libby, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

FB
    Participant
    I think it is quite similar compared to whites using self tanning lotions, solarium, making their hair curly, using dark hair colours etc. Maybe part of it is because many persons like to look 'different'. And often contrast differences look nice (like dark skin and lighter hair -- or vice versa). And on the ohter hand, I think looking good has traditionally often meant making visible changes which require some effort. Like men shaving their beard and women shaving their legs and underarms. Maybe it is some kind mating ritual or display of of higher status. In nature many animals have mating rituals that require growing otherwise unneccesary but often visually pleasing features to show potential mating partners that they are good good choiche for mating as they can afford to grow so large tail or horns.

User Detail :  

Name : FB, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 29, City : Helsinki, State : NA Country : Finland, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Black men don't mind seeing black women straightening their hair or wearing it natural! The only problem I think that men have with women is the hair coloring! Red, blond, blue, etc. Sometimes sisters go a little toooo far! You'd be amazed at how many African-American men 'HATE' for a sister to do that to their hair. I see so much of it where I'm from, that everytime I look at another sister like that, I get mad! To me, it is a complete turn-off. Believe me, we African-American men 'HATE IT'!! We just don't know how to break it to ya gently without hurting anyone's feelings.

User Detail :  

Name : Rico Daniels, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 29, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 

tyrone28875
    Participant
    Well, black women make their heir straight because they do, deep down, dream of being white. And black men, me being one, dont like black women. Black women are materialistic, shallow beings, extremely coniving (snakes in the grass). Its not their fault though. They are responding to a society that tells them that lifestyle is more important than anything else. Whatever the reason they are the way they are, its just reality. American black women are not good.

User Detail :  

Name : tyrone28875, City : memphis, State : TN Country : United States, 

sheree
    Participant
    IF YOUR HAIR IS WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL IN TUNED TO YOUR CULTURE, THEN YOU ARE DEEPER IN THE FOREST THAN YOU THINK. YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE BY WHAT YOU ALLOW TO GO INTO YOUR HEAD. YOUR HAIR DOESN'T MAKE YOU A BLACK OR A WHITE WOMAN. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN STYLE. THAT IS WHAT MAKES US DIVERSE. I STRAIGHTEN MY HAIR AND WHERE IT CURLY. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PERM AND MY HAIR IS NATURALLY CURLY. I LOVE MY HAIR EITHER WAY IT DEPENDS ON HOW I FEEL THAT DAY. NO MATTER HOW MY HAIR IS DOES NOT CHANGE HOW PROUD I AM OF BEING A STRONG BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN. WHO CARES WHAT A MAN THINKS IT ALL ABOUT WHAT I THINK! SOUNDS LIKE SOME JEALOUSY OF SOMEONE WITH SOME SUPER NAPS

User Detail :  

Name : sheree, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : anniston, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : INSURANCE SALES, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

SK28922
    Participant
    I have seen many black women with natural and relaxed hair. If it looks good and they like it, why not? I don't think they should care about what whites think. Most people are concerned about their own lives anyway. They aren't always judging you. Just look how oyu want to. Life's more fun with some diversity anyway.

User Detail :  

Name : SK28922, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Did you try wetting your natural hair before combing it?

User Detail :  

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.