Black people and litter

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Shelli
    Participant
    This is not a black thing, or a gender thing. This is a class thing. I was at a shopping mall and I watched as a Caucasian man opened up his van, pulled out a couple of empty fast food bags full of garbage and dropped it on the ground before he loaded his wife and two kids into the vehicle. A few years back I was out driving with a female friend of mine. She handed me a half full cup of soda from some fast food joint and told me to throw it out the window of her moving truck. I told her no and that I'd rather wait until we got home, so I could put it in the garbage. She grabbed it from me anyway and threw it out the window. Maybe it's a fast food eaters' thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Shelli, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Nurse, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Erica
    Participant
    Rest assured, people of all races, creeds, and incomes litter. Ever see a white woman throw a dirty diaper out of her Escalade into the parking lot? White country boys tossing beer cans onto the shoulder of the road. And EVERYONE who smokes throws the butts out the car window.

User Detail :  

Name : Erica, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Alexandria, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

AmyM
    Participant
    I've seen this, and it's been confined to lower-class people from certain neighborhoods. It annoyed me when I lived in one of those neighborhoods because I always thought the streets could easily be much nicer and also it seemed so disrespectful. Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle." -Plato

User Detail :  

Name : AmyM, Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.