Anonymous

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: The real reasons teachers don’t teach #46819

    Anonymous
    Member

    Yes, it is that bad. I taught for a little more than two years, and you couldn’t pay me enough to go back. Regardless of the fact that I have doubled my salary since leaving teaching, pay had nothing to do with why I left. The kids have no respect and their parents don’t allow them to take responsibility for their actions. After my experience, I am all for a resurgence of a 1950s-style education system with desks in rows and hands folded … the kind of education system where if a child says he got in trouble in school, his parents’ first reaction is to ground him rather than run to school and yell at the teacher for doing his or her job. Parents are so gung-ho on ‘kids’ rights’ that they’ve lost sight of ‘kids’ responsibilities.’

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Why tattoo or pierce a perfectly good… #16746

    Anonymous
    Member

    As far as tattoos on the face, unless you are a tattoo artist, I can see where that might be looked at as a little strange, but regarding tattoos on the rest of the body, this is something that been done for hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years. You make assumptions about people’s motivations to get them (‘to stand out’) without really having any idea of what their motivation is. There are a million reasons someone might get a tattoo: to memorialize someone, to express something or simply because they like them. I am 27 and have what would be considered by most a lot of tattoos, especially for a female. I have a college degree, am working on my master’s and am a research scientist. I have never had problems finding a job, and I wear a business suit every day to work.

    I don’t take drugs, I’m not a criminal, I’m not a deviant … I just happen to like tattoos. To me, they are a way of accentuating beauty. If you don’t like them, don’t get them.. But I don’t see what it is that YOU need to ‘tolerate’ because of a piercing or tattoo that someone else has. Why should you care?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Need some gays in the military? #15792

    Anonymous
    Member

    Maybe I didn’t explain myself thoroughly. I’m not trying to infer that a real man can’t be gay or non-military. My point is that if you are living in the United States and enjoy its freedoms, a real man (or woman) should be willing to fight to protect those freedoms. Eric was insinuating that in the event of a draft, he could lie and say he was gay to get out of it. In my opinion, if you are not willing to answer the call for your country, you should be living somewhere else. In addition, the ‘slaughter of innocents to get one man’ is NOT the case here. This isn’t a campaign against bin Laden only, it’s a campaign against terrorism, which has a much larger reach than just one man. I couldn’t care less if a soldier is gay, straight, white, black or whatever. If they are willing to fight for the freedom that I enjoy living in the United States, they should be thanked regardless.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Islam and the West #14042

    Anonymous
    Member

    I believe much of it comes from the United State’s backing of Israel. With the formation of Israel, Muslim people lost some of their ‘Holy Land,’ and this is, obviously, very sacred to them. I believe they think the United States is anti-Muslim because it supports Israel as a nation.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Need some gays in the military? #19748

    Anonymous
    Member

    If that’s your attitude about serving your country in time of war, you don’t deserve to be here in the first place. I work for the Department of Defense, and although I’m not fighting on the ‘front lines,’ I’m risking my life every day I walk into my building, especially now when these kinds of buildings are nothing more than targets to terrorists. Thank God we have plenty of MEN willing to fight for us.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Time to start drafting women? #32179

    Anonymous
    Member

    The reason we shouldn’t draft females is simple… you can’t draft entire families or there will be no one to take care of the home front. Who will raise the children if we start drafting women? Women who want to join the military and who do not have families of their own are obviously free to join, but to draft them would be detrimental to the country. During war times ( and I mean, REAL war… ) women are the ones working in industry maintaining the country, keeping up production, etc. I’m not trying to insinuate by all of this that women should just stay home and raise children (I certainly don’t…) but the fact is that during times of war, someone has to remain in the country and keep things going.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Why do blacks have such low IQs? #25072

    Anonymous
    Member

    When people do these supposedly scientific studies, I wonder if they really take all factors into consideration. If you’d like to look, overall, at all IQ scores, I would assume blacks would do poorer than whites. But I don’t believe the reasons are racial or genetic. There is a large percentage of poverty in black families. Single mothers are out working trying to feed their children and often don’t have the time or resources to sit and read books and teach ABCs. I wonder if two middle-class children of similar family structure, one white, one black, took IQ tests, if there would be any difference. I bet if you looked at all the scores from poor, working-class families as a whole, they would have lower scores – not because of race, but because of the lack of time parents can spend teaching their children, going over homework with them, etc.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Blacks and pitbulls #28964

    Anonymous
    Member

    A lot of oppressed people, or people who have trouble finding work, look for a way to make a quick buck. A very easy way to do this is dog fighting, and pit bulls are the dog of choice for this. People train their dogs to be ferocious because a pit bull who wins a dog fight can bring in thousands of dollars.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: East Coast conceit #17962

    Anonymous
    Member

    First, let me say I am SHOCKED that you saw elitist attitudes in Washington, D.C. – especially considering the fact that the mayor of D.C. did time in prison on drug charges, and D.C. was, in the not too distant past, the murder capital of the country! Have you been in downtown D.C. past dark? Elitist?

    As for the rest of the East Coast, I think it depends on where you are. You may run into that kind of thinking in a very wealthy East Coast neighborhood, just as you might in posh Beverly Hills. I don’t think it’s the coast that makes the difference, but rather the socioeconomic standing.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Fame #44349

    Anonymous
    Member

    I will definitely agree that blacks have had a major influence in singing and dancing, but when you say that white people who do these ‘black things’ (which I don’t believe are necessarily ‘black things’) are being rewarded more than black people, I just don’t agree. I think it has more to do with who’s raking in the bucks for the record companies. The fact is that kids (who tend to follow the trends) have a huge say in the popularity of performance artists. Whatever is the current trend basically decides their opinions. The whole teen thing is just the trend now. Keep in mind, though, that there was a time when Michael Jackson (back when he was black, that is) was on every teenage girl’s wall. And Prince. And New Edition. And Menudo! I don’t think it’s a constant of white rewards, but rather a change in trends. Bubblegum, pop-singing, dancing white kids are the thing right now. This, too, shall pass.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Skinheads racist or not? #14220

    Anonymous
    Member

    There is a huge misinterpretation of the whole skinhead thing. Skinheads are NOT intrinsically racist. There are certain ‘sects’ that are. There are also certain sects that are vehemently opposed to rascism. If you’ve ever heard of ‘sharpies,’ for example, they are a sect of skinheads who are very much opposed to racism. What characterizes someone as a skinhead has less to do with their feelings on race and more to do with their feelings on society as a whole. Naturally a skinhead has, in general, a certain look. Most all have a bald head, and many wear the ‘pork chop’ sideburns. They often dress in tight jeans, certain types of shirts (Fred Perrys or Ben Shermans, which are polo-type shirts or button-downs) and combat boots – usually steel-toe Doc Martens. They are, as your friend said, ‘working class’ folks. They usually have a very strong worth ethic and usually congregate together. They are often characterized by their choice of music, which usually consists of ‘Oi’ music, Punk, Ska and Reggae (yes, Reggae, believe it or not). More than anything else, being a skinhead is like being part of a fraternal order. Unless your friend is proudly displaying a swastika or listening to bands like ‘Skrewdriver,’ you have no reason to think he’s a racist. In fact, I know some black skinheads who’d be pretty upset if they were lumped into that category.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: Men and women on the net. #27171

    Anonymous
    Member

    I think that there is something very important here that a lot of people forget about, and that’s the fact that human beings are animals and still have many animal instincts. That is the ‘base’ of what people look for in a mate. For example, men want someone who will ‘carry on the bloodline’ of the ‘tribe,’ i.e. someone who is genetically strong to keep the family going. This ‘survival of the fittest’ urge generally translates in modern society into an attractive, healthy looking woman. Now the interpretation of what healthy looking is varies from culture to culture, but in white, mainstream America, that beauty is equal to a thin woman. Similarly, with women, we have our urges for the brave hunter who will protect our village… Once again, this translates very differently from culture to culture, but in mainstream white America this generally translates into rich guys who are powerful. Obviously not everyone subscribes 100 percent to these ideals, but I think the part that evolution and biology play in our likes and dislikes cannot be overlooked.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: White people becoming extinct? #16032

    Anonymous
    Member

    The child will always be a combination of the parents color. It will be somewhere in-between the skin color of both parents. Whether that makes the child black or white… I think that the child is both. People can’t always fit into the containers we make for them. I think what’s important is that everybody coexist peacefully rather than worrying about ‘extinction’ of the white race.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: White Castle? #24369

    Anonymous
    Member

    I’m not familiar with the songs, but White Castle is a fast food place, like McDonald’s or something, in the US. I see that you’re from Canada, and I don’t know if they have them there, but maybe that’s what they’re referring to ?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
    in reply to: How do you become happy? #37742

    Anonymous
    Member

    I feel the key to happiness is personal interaction. Talking to people, going out, etc. You said you don’t have many friends, and it seems you may be a bit insecure? I would make myself ‘available’ to whoever was around, even just as a first step. For example, if a bunch of guys from work are going out, join them. Even if you aren’t crazy about them, you may be able to meet other people while you’re out. Or stop at a book store and spark up a conversation with someone reading a book that interests you. Just relax and smile. Go out and have fun.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Anonymous, Gender : F, Age : 26, City : Southern, State : NJ, Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)