Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Patrick KelloggMemberThere are male-to-female (MTF) ‘lesbians’. There’s sexual attraction (a man wants to have sex with another man). There’s sexual *identity* (a lesbian proudly proclaims herself as ‘out’). There is gender and gender identification. Vive humanity!
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberI’m no expert, but I’ve heard that a lot of female ‘sex workers’ (aka prostitutes) were lesbians. Maybe they can keep their personal and business lives separate because they aren’t attracted to their clients.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberMy rule: if you’re funny enough, you can get away with *anything*. And Will & Grace at it’s best it slighty humorous. I’m more offended by the last season of Ellen where they forgot to write any jokes. or those stupid morning DJs that bully their way with anti-gay ‘humor’. But check out ‘The Opposite of Sex’ for a really funny, borderline-offensive gay movie.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberYou answered your own question: because it’s disgusting. It’s extreme sex, and some people like that, whether it’s bloodletting, S & M, or other fetishes. But don’t overanalyze a fetish. Shit play could be explained by events that happened in early development, an interest in dirt or filth, the desire to be degraded, or other things. But unless you want to play ‘junior psychologist’, you will never know why people play those games. They just like to. Is it safe. No, it’s extreme sex. It can be done very safely (only external contact, clean-up right afterwards, use a protective barrier). But it’s not as dangerous as people say. Maybe occasionally parasites, and upset stomach, and by all means, every extreme sex player should get a hepatitis A and B vaccine. But die? No.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberAs a gay guy, I’d have to say I had a choice: I could come out as a happily ‘unified’ gay man with the opportunity to find a long lasting realtionship, great sex, a caring partner, the ability to build a home and a life together, and develop good friends in the gay community. Or, I could remain closeted, pretending I was straight, marrying a woman in a loveless relationship, and missing out on thousands of fantastic opportunities. *That* was the real choice, at least for me.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberDrugs have really harmed the gay culture inthe last few years, particularly crystal methamphetamine. You are right, there are *tons* of reasons to do drugs, from running awat from problems, and addictive personality, or just an interest in experimenting. But there are lots of circuit parties and ‘PNP’ (party and play) groups that encourage the behavior, too. Good luck helping your friend… NarAnon is a good reference. Keep yourself healthy and sane too, before you can help your friend.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberI’m gay, but I’ll play ‘devil’s advocate’. Has anybody done studies about the economic impact of gay marriage? I remember seeing some numbers from a study by the govenrments in Vermont and San Francisco that said it was ok… but we don’t know. There *would* be less tax revenue, since gay married couples would pay less taxes and get more benefits.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberI think people get a little peeved a sterotype is used to make them disliked *or* liked. For example, I know some Asian women who get creepd out by straight guys who really really like them – not for who they are, but because they fit some fantasy the guy has. So, though I’m gay, I wouldn’t want a woman to be my friend because she thinks I fit her idea of gay (happy, good at fashion, witty, effiminate). I want to be liked for who I am as a person, so because I’m ‘safe’ or because I compliment her shoes.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberI’m gay, and only discovered it about myself when I was 23. Glad I didn’t join the military – I would have had to resign half-way through, I guess. What should those soldiers do that are questioning their sexuality? Serve partially? Take a leave of absence until they figure it out?
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberThe two previous posters are 22 and 23, respectively. You might be meeting a lot of newly-out ‘party boys’. Hunt down some sraight ‘frat boys’ of the same age, and I bet they aren’t very responsible either. Two things: first of all, examine your expectations and why you like gay men. Do you have ‘Will & Grace’ notions of what gay men are like? Maybe you are expecting them to be something they are not. If they are solely interested in dating men and having sex at this stage in their life, maybe you aren’t their first priority as a friend. But also, gay men change. I know several that have cared for their aging parents later in life… my theory being that without the responisibility of raising children of their own, some gay men can be *more* responisble than their siblings (just another stereotype… I know some irresponsible gay ‘party grandpas’ too). Maybe every mother should have a gay child to take care of them in later life
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberThere have been some studies that suggest that homosexuality has a genetic advantage to the community. The is a hard point for some people to accept if they harp on the idea that ‘a genetic mutation will peter out after a generation since homosexuals can’t breed’. That’s based on a faulty understanding of genetics (and and ignorance of resessive genes, too) I don’t have a link to a study (one was in Scientific American in 2003, I think), but biologist commented that some monkey species have a certain percentage of ‘gay helper monkeys’. Those monkeys did a lot of the tribes chores (both male and female tasks like cleaning and foraging for food), but didn’t compete for mates. Since other species can change their sex during times of environmental sress (some fish change if there aren’t enough males, for example), maybe homosexuality is a way to keep the colony going even in times of crisis. Just an idea, but ‘we don’t know’.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberI don’t think that’s what he means. But then again, I’ve been around and I’ve never heard that phrase, so I have *no* idea what he means, either. Just don’t offer to do it for him until you find out
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberThere’s been an odd movement lately where some gay people are offended by the commercialism of the show. There are so many companies trying to sell stuff to gay people (gay travel, gay ads on tv, glossy gay mainstream magazines like ‘Out’ and ‘Advocate’). They feel that their sexual orientation is private, and not to be used as a cheap marketing tool. Some gays and lesbians also disdain the who premis of the show. They might be farmers or truck drivers or ironworkers, and they don’t see the ‘metrosexual’ appeal of expensive haircuts and furniture.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberWow, I would disagree with this. I’m gay, and I’ve never noticed or heard about it in the gay community. Plus, I would disagree… does anybody else know which was is ‘up’? But even then, it wouldn’t hurt to put a rainbow sticker on your car even if you *were* straight… the worst that would happen is you’d get people speeding up next to you as you drive to check you out and smile. Nobody would come up to you or say anything in a parking lot. Trust me – a lot of gay guys would *love* it if a cute guy approached them because of their sticker, and it never happens (at least not to me!)
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,
Patrick KelloggMemberWhy ask why? It’s a *fetish*… some people go crazy wondering ‘Why do I like women’s shoes’? They just do, that’s why. A better question is, ‘How can I incorporate this fantasy *with* my wife for better sex?’ Note, it’s not, ‘Now can I get her to do it.’ But asking politely, and being really really nice could get you a BIG reward. Think about it, if she wanted to, she could get you so turned on by just *talking* about the fetish that she could get ANYTHING she wanted – housecleaning or oral sex for hours. Note that she don’t actually have to have sex with another man – part of the solution could be just role-playing, ‘swinger’s parties’, reading stories. Good luck, and careful to convince your wife that this isn’t a slippery slope to weirder sex… do 3 sex sessions of her choice for every one of your fetish.
User Detail :
Name : Patrick Kellogg, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : Denver, State : CO, Country : United States, Occupation : Self-unemployed, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences