Gender changes and the opposite sex

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Audrey
    Participant
    Are men who've had a gender change attracted to men or women?

User Detail :  

Name : Audrey, Gender : F, City : Vancouver, British Columbia, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Bri
    Participant
    Depends on the person. Some men who have a sex change to be female like women, some like men. Just because the genitalia changes doesn't mean the sexual orientation does.

User Detail :  

Name : Bri, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Age : 23, City : Albany, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Counselor/Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jenn31010
    Participant
    That depends entirely on the gender changer :) Sexual orientation and Gender are really separate issues. Some transexed women are attracted to men, some to women, some to both. Some transexed women find that their preference changes as they transition, others don't.

User Detail :  

Name : Jenn31010, Age : 23, City : Saskatoon, SK, State : NA Country : Canada, 

AVS23430
    Participant
    Transsexuals and transgendered people have a as wide a range of sexual orientations as any-one else. I know personaly homosexual, bisexual, and heteosexual gender-queers of all genders.

User Detail :  

Name : AVS23430, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Agnostic, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Annie
    Participant
    it depends on the person, there is no all applying rule to this, i know people who fit into both categories.

User Detail :  

Name : Annie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 20, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

L K
    I have a good friend who's a biological male and has known he was transsexual for a while, but has just started counseling for it (not to 'cure' him but to make sure he's sure and to give him support as he goes through the hormone therapy and everything else). He's attracted to women and still will be 'afterwards.'

User Detail :  

Name : L K, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 22, City : Laurel, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Chris
    Both. Some of my transwoman friends are attracted to men, some to women, some to both. Changing your sex does not mean you will change who you are attracted to. During and after transition, there may be some experimentation or deep introspection, mainly because now you are a woman relating to people instead of a man relating to people, and this can feel dramatically different and may bring out feelings previously ignored or hidden. But there is no general set rule for all transmen or transwomen.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Support, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Karen26766
    Participant
    Transgender is not a sexual orientation. Your gender identity is separate from your sexual orientation. Male-born women like women and men, just like female-born women do. Same goes for female-born men.

User Detail :  

Name : Karen26766, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Atheist, Age : 22, City : Bethesda, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : Consultant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

kristen
    i watched an Oprah episode where 3 men had the same surgery and hormonal therapy to become women. They were all straight as men, but as women, 2 of them found that they were now attracted to men.

User Detail :  

Name : kristen, City : garrettsville, State : OH Country : United States, 

David
    Participant
    I volunteer at a transgender support agency. The answer is that it depends on the transwoman. Some are heterosexual (attracted to men), some are lesbians (attracted to women), some are bisexual (attracted to men and women) and some are all the other types of sexual. Many people do not know what their sexual orientation is until after they deal with their gender issues.

User Detail :  

Name : David, City : Tacoma, State : WA Country : United States, 

Charles32252
    Participant
    Sexual reassignment surgery is about personal identity, not sexual orientation - it's who you are, not who you want. So the answer to your question is both. Just like genetic women, male-to-female transsexuals can be either straight or gay, or a mixture of the two.

User Detail :  

Name : Charles32252, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : Architect, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Maria
    Participant
    My transgendered friend is 'pre-op male-to-female.' Although she hasn't had her operation yet, she presents herself as a woman. She must be on hormones for a year before she can have her operation and go through counseling to make sure she feels comfortable about her decision. She was a heterosexual male who was attracted to females. Because she still prefers females, she will be a lesbian when she makes the change.

User Detail :  

Name : Maria, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : heterosexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 60, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : sales, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Diana
    Participant
    I am undergoing gender reassignment and my sex drive is zero. Some male-to-female retain their ingrained orientation, becoming lesbians, while others become what for them is heterosexual: being attracted to men. I find that I appreciate the company of both men and women, not in a physical way perhaps, but the company is fine. I figure I'll let nature take its course and find my partner when the time is right.

User Detail :  

Name : Diana, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Asexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 39, City : Toronto, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Technology, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mike
    Participant
    I have two acquaintances who've had male-to-female sex changes, and both are attracted sexually to women. In fact, one is in a long-term relationship with another woman. On the other hand, I have another male friend who's in hormone treatment and contemplating getting the procedure done to become a woman, and this friend is attracted to men. Being confused on the issue, I asked one of the women who had the sex change and is a lesbian what was up with that. Her answer? It's apples and oranges - two totally different situations. She was a woman trapped in a man's body, so she had the sex change. However, her sexual preference is for women. So, in short, it depends on the individual.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 42, City : Ben Lomand, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sathya
    It's a reasonable idea that one who transitions genders might be more willing and open to honestly consider his or her sexual orientation than the average person, and might be more open to discovering they are really homosexual (relating to their pre-transition gender) or bisexual.

User Detail :  

Name : Sathya, Sexual Orientation : female oriented, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Tucson, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.