Jeff Cobner

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Resources ‘wasted’ on disabled children #16544

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    Thats the way the world is. Why do bad drivers who cant get insurance can pay 400 bucks to wave having it, while good drivers pay through the nose for insurance?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Black men in wheelchairs #16588

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    I have black men yell things at me from the cars they drive, while black women help me get things off of shelves in stores.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Handicapped people cutting in line #18245

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    Sounds like I am missing out in something. Only in Harrisonburg did people insist I cut them. I am in no hurry as I have a seat and have a van coming for me in plenty of time.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Helping out … or backing off? #22509

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    I use to wait for help, but people offering help varies with area, Harrisonburg versus Richmond. I have the mind set of help or get out of the way.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Fat, how do you view me? #23977

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    I suffer from blindness by a stretched retinal, dislocated lens, heart problems like MVP, curverature of the spine as well as a disease that effects the muscle system. I am about 20 pounds over weight. Hello!?!?! I am much more concern about the chronic pain I have and going blind then a couple of pounds. I guess if this weigh is your only problem, consider yourself lucky.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: College experiences in wheelchair #31610

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    accessibility of rooms and grounds. Speach problems, handwriting, reading, etc. They can be over come with aids and technology plus understanding from profs

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Deafness: What’s it like? #32517

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    I wonder those things too. Had a deaf guy ask me if the sun rise or set makes a noise.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Why take the short bus? #33302

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    I believe its a state reqirement that disabled people ride a different bus or the front seat or a normal bus. Ive seen large wheelchair busses as well as small, guess its for the smaller population of disabled people at most schools?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Do younger people “get” age-related illnesses? #35859

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    I use to be puzzled at my folks who are 40 years older then me when they talked about arthritis, but at age 17 I developed it and was shocked. Try getting a prescription for celebrex from a doctor or insurance company at age 17. In college I see, many ‘normal’ people wasting their lives when they could end up like me over night.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Helping out … or backing off? #36719

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    I have opposite experience. When I need it cant find it and vice versa. Guess thats the way the world is?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Multiple Sclerosis #42528

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    Try a general web search. To my knowledge memory isnt effected, but drugs taken may. I take alot of drugs and cant remember what I did yesterday or who I met.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
    in reply to: Would you mind repeating that? #42805

    Jeff Cobner
    Member

    Ive met deaf guys in rehab who seem to have selective hearing lost. They could understand what I told someone on teh other side of the room, but not when I am speaking to them. The slowler and louder I take just seems to make it worse and wears my patients thin.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA, Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)