wideawakeindreamland

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Blacks alleging racism #27449

    I used to have some friends who were Afro-American, and one of them in particular was like this. For example, someone had said that they didn’t trust him because of something that had happened, and he said ‘so-and-so must be racist,’ but this person had never actually seen him in person, and didn’t know his racial heritage. It seemed that every time something happened, he thought it had something to do with his racial heritage. I think that bias is real and exists to some degree on all sides, but I also think that there are a lot of people who use it as a crutch or an excuse.

    User Detail :  

    Name : wideawakeindreamland, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Martinsburg, State : WV, Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 
    in reply to: Should I come out? #35969

    I know where you’re coming from, but I wouldn’t suggest it for a simple reason. A few years ago, I made the decision to. I’m still being judged, and receiving comments from people I’ve never even met. Plus, when you do come out, you’re looked at as the gay dude or the lesbian, and you go from being people’s friend to being their gay friend. I’ve known straight guys who were paranoid that I might be checking them out, and reminded me of their straightness on a regular basis, as if I were going to suddenly forget or something. In short, if you tell your friends, you risk being looked at as THAT person.

    User Detail :  

    Name : wideawakeindreamland, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Martinsburg, State : WV, Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 
    in reply to: Why does gay affection bother straights? #37872

    I couldn’t agree more with what you’re saying. If we are to go with tradition, God is both a homophobe and a misogynist.

    User Detail :  

    Name : wideawakeindreamland, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Martinsburg, State : WV, Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)