Blacks alleging racism

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Linda22698
    Participant
    Why is it that when anything slightly upsetting happens to a black person, they blame it on racism? For example, if you ask a black person to be quiet, they say you are being racist.

User Detail :  

Name : Linda22698, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tonya
    Some black people do blame everything on racism, but not all. Personally as a black person, I feel that this a tired excuse, but you have to understand that there is racism against blacks and other races that can not be ignored.

User Detail :  

Name : Tonya, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 17, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lacy
    I believe that anyone who calls you racist because you told them to be quiet does no know the true meaning of racism. Racism is a very serious and thing and it is not to be taken lightly. Don't treat people of any color any different than the way you treat white people or your friends. That way you will know when they accuse you of racism that they are uneducated and looking for sympathy. This goes for any race. Don't let it bother you if you know that it was clearly not a racist remark. And the next time you hear someone say that you made a racist saying, ask them what about what you said was racist. Catch them in their own lie. People need to know that racist remarks or slurs are WRONG, and at the same time taking advantage of the ability to use them against others is also wrong.

User Detail :  

Name : Lacy, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), City : Tucson, State : AZ Country : United States, 

Nikki
    Participant
    I think you're comment was a little ridiculous, however many times (I'm not saying all the time) when an African American does cry racism, it's because that person has been in a situation where racism was present. Myself as a young black woman, I encounter some kind of racism at least once a week and I don't mean the outlandish in your face Klu Klux Klan racism, I'm talking about the underhanded racism. I walk into a store and security follows me around, when there are other young white peers in the same store too that are not being followed around. Now how would you explain that? So I wouldn't take it lightly if an African-American person does say that they have been a victim of racism, because you were not in their shoes and you did not know what they went through. This country still has a very, very long way to go when it comes to racism. You know what is really sad, ever since Sept. 11th, when many people of the Abrab-American or Middle Eastern communities were being targeted as being the 'terrorists' and they were racially profiled, that has been going on for hundreds of years to African-Americans but no one really gave it a second thought. So now when I see this going on with them, it's like, finally someone else can see and feel what we've been going through and have had to deal with for so long. And I'm not saying it's right, nobody should ever be racially profiled because someone committed a crime and you look like you could have partaken in the crime. Like I said earlier, this country has a long way to go. Peace

User Detail :  

Name : Nikki, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Christine
    Let's face it, sometimes it is a racial thing. I don't think some people can tell, but when you pay attention, you can catch it. For example, I was dating a person who was of another race, and whenever we went places together, people would stare. At first he didn't notice. But once I brought it to his attention, he started to see what I was talking about. Some of these people may not have been staring at us because we were an interracial couple, but then again, some of them were. If you don't believe me, go somewhere with someone of another race who is of the opposite sex and observe the people around you. You will see what I am talking about, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Christine, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 19, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Tracey
    You will never understand racism if you aren't affected by it. We deal with all types of racism. If someone calls you racist for asking them to be quiet, that's ridiculous. If you are only asking the black person to be quiet, and there are all sorts of people talking, that's racist. We as a people need to pick our battles carefully. If you feel that you are being fair, say so. Ask why the person thinks you're being racist. You may find that you're doing something offensive and didn't even know it.

User Detail :  

Name : Tracey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 29, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

linda
    it may be something they have to 'unlearn' and not pass on to each generation, probably takes time.

User Detail :  

Name : linda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 58, City : covington, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : retired (husband pipefitter, union), Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

C. D.
    Participant
    I think that the response of a black person saying that someone is being rascist has become a huge crutch in our society. It is a way to try to shut down the possibility that they have to be held accountable for their actions.

User Detail :  

Name : C. D., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 37, City : Bakersfield, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I used to have some friends who were Afro-American, and one of them in particular was like this. For example, someone had said that they didn't trust him because of something that had happened, and he said 'so-and-so must be racist,' but this person had never actually seen him in person, and didn't know his racial heritage. It seemed that every time something happened, he thought it had something to do with his racial heritage. I think that bias is real and exists to some degree on all sides, but I also think that there are a lot of people who use it as a crutch or an excuse.

User Detail :  

Name : wideawakeindreamland, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Martinsburg, State : WV Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 

JJ30537
    Participant
    You should make it clear that it is not all black people who do this. In reality, you probably only saw this occur once or twice and you're making a big issue out of it. I know that I don't cry racism everytime someone says something to me.

User Detail :  

Name : JJ30537, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 15, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 

nichole19999
    Participant
    sometimes, it has nothing to do with being 'racist'. it has to do with the person you are addressing not knowing how to behave in a social/public setting or simply being a jackass. the race card gets pulled way too quickly way too often.

User Detail :  

Name : nichole19999, City : dallas, State : TX Country : United States, 

DontDeny
    Participant
    I noticed this too, I think it is absolutely ridiculous. You know I think though, I think here lately all the black folks are getting power hungry and trying to run all over everyone, regardless of whether or not your race has done something to them. They think the world owes them something. It doesnt. Many races of many people have had terrible injustices done to them. We dont hold grudges for centuries. LET GO BLACK PEOPLE! JUST GIVE IT A REST!

User Detail :  

Name : DontDeny, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : A 'mutt', if you will, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Your Town, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.