Why don’t teens cherish virginity?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Mollie29654
    Participant
    Reading the other comments, there seems to be a lot to back up your wish to keep you virginity. I'm one of those that waited until college- I at least did that and I was the lone virgin in my high school. But I was not going to have my first be someone I went to high school with. By the time I made it to college- I was ready to just get it over with. Which seems to be the consenses among the women I have met. I'm lucky I lost it to what ended to be one of my best friends in all throughout college. We never dated, but we chuckle about it to this day. It is hard to have everyone talking about sex and you have no idea what they are talking about. Almost all of my girlfriends regret losing thier virginity. I'm not saying wait until you get married, that's your choice. But at least until you are in some kind of meaningful relationship because the first time is going to suck, and it may be even a little embaressing, so it's good to be with someone you can improve with and laugh about it in the future.

User Detail :  

Name : Mollie29654, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 26, City : Divine, State : KS Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Lucy
    Participant
    I hope you´ll wait until marriage, because sex is a demonstration of love. Besides, believe me, you will want your kids, especially girls, to wait, and it´s better to set a good example.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 35, City : Merida, State : NA Country : Mexico, Occupation : housewife, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Jen26557
    Participant
    I wouldn't say teens don't cherish their virginity anymore - we just live in very different times. I feel that a lot of teenagers tend to be pressured into doing things, and then from there on out it's no big deal. For me, I'm the same as you. I plan on saving it until my wedding day. So know this, you aren't the only one out there, and I'm sure there are plenty more.

User Detail :  

Name : Jen26557, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

jb
    Participant
    Because for one, a lot of people aren't the same religion as you, which preaches no sex before marriage, and two, kids these days are getting more wild and crazy, and the age is dropping for getting into drugs and sex. As the age goes down, the maturity level goes down, which makes it easier for kids to not care about doing these kinds of things. Plus sex is fun.

User Detail :  

Name : jb, City : marianna, State : FL Country : United States, 

M25014
    Participant
    Well, being a virgin is a proud thing to be. You can say you've resisted temptation and it evokes images of purity. However, this generation is full of realists who know they're going to die someday and don't want to kick the bucket before they're done looking for the right person. I don't believe there is a right person. We change and re-evaluate ourselves so many times that no relationship is going to last forever without some comprimise. There is no arguable reason to wait. Maybe it's your religion, you don't want some odd disease, you don't want to get pregnant. Sex isn't the final step in a relationship in the least. And I don't think you should wait if you are both ready. I'm a virgin and I dont' plan on jumping the next guy I meet, but if we both want to I'm not going to worry about some god smiting me for not marrying him first. Just because you didn't wait for who knows what reason doesn't make you a slut and not all virgins are prudes, I'm a virgin and I have no problem with sexuality.

User Detail :  

Name : M25014, City : SLC, State : UT Country : United States, 

Race-Bannon24081
    Participant
    It's not a question of teens cherishing thier virginity 'anymore'. Teens have been having sex since man has been procreating. Why? Because people were made to enjoy it, teens included.

User Detail :  

Name : Race-Bannon24081, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 38, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Human Resources, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nat23229
    Participant
    I lost mine to the person I am with now and will be for the rest of my life. We own a house together.

User Detail :  

Name : Nat23229, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : Hull, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Craig31891
    Participant
    Actually, yes they do. According to a December 15, 2004, news release, the report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention compared the latest findings to a previous survey in 1995. Among boys 15 to 17, virginity rates rose from 57 to 69 percent. For girls in the same age group, virginity was up from 62 to 70 percent. So, it's probably more likely that kids today (just like we did 25 years ago) are bragging a lot more than they're actually doing. I respect your choice and the choice of 70% of your classmates. But, please remember that the other 30% made their choices for their own reasons that you may or may not understand. Don't condemn them for wanting something different.

User Detail :  

Name : Craig31891, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 42, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Consultant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jami
    Cherishing your virginity is a personal choice. I lost mine at 18, to someone I really love, and we may or may not be together forever, but I loved him at the time, and to me, that's what mattered. I cherished it enough to lose it to someone I loved. Just because I didn't wait unil marriage doesn't mean I didn't cherish it. To me, it's more practical to lose it before I'm married, because I don't want my wedding night to be spent in pain. Losing it isn't like waxing your eyebrows or ripping a Band-aid off. It hurts pretty much until you're done, and I knew that coming in. Also, I don't want to get married until I'm in my late 20s, and I have a high sex drive. I don't think there's a right answer to this, because losing your virginity is a personal choice. I know many people who are waiting umtil their wedding day, and I applaud them; it takes a lot of self-control.

User Detail :  

Name : Jami, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Pullman, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Joel
    Participant
    I have a different take. I don't think higher of girls or boys who save their virginity. I've known 3 people over the age of 21 who saved themselves for their wedding night and I found them to be extremely uptight and ignorant about sex. They talked down to people who were having sex, but had no experience with it. What I wish I would have said to them was, 'Having sex will not change your life unless you let it.' Save your virginity if you like, but please educate yourself first from a source you know will be truthful and factual.

User Detail :  

Name : Joel, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 31, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Chef, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Stuart32177
    Participant
    1. Most animals in the world have sex but we're the only ones that inject an unhealthy aura of bullshit into the process. 2. Why cherish inexperience in any healthy affair?

User Detail :  

Name : Stuart32177, City : SD, State : CA Country : United States, 

Melly
    Participant
    It's just not that special. There are more important things to worry about, and whether you're a virgin or not isn't that much of a deal. I'm 17 and I lost mine when I was 16, and I don't regret it.

User Detail :  

Name : Melly, City : Nottingham, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

Jessie
    Participant
    A lot of teens DON'T cherish their virginity, because they don't think of sex with emotion, just the pleasure and lust that they feel. Some teenagers, like myself, will at least wait until they are in a living, long-term relationship until they have sex. Many teens just think about the short term consequences, not long-term. I know some who regret giving it up so young.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    When you speak of 'cherishing' your virginity, you speak of it as if it is an object. In today's society, it is not. Virginity is in fact an outdated concept - it refers to the hymen being intact. As some females, myself included, are now born without hymens, and many more of us are active enough that we break them before any sexual involvement, this is a flawed concept. Virginigy now only means whatever the individual wishes it to mean - I have extremely religious friends who wished to remain 'virgins' until they married, but they were willing to do everything EXCEPT be inserted by a penis. How virginal - or pure - is that really? That said, I do not believe that younger sexual experience is a good thing, regardless of religious tendencies (or lack thereof). The very young are searching for something - love, affection, confidence, whatever - that they do not recognize does not come with sex. I believe that regardless of age, you need to find those things elsewhere BEFORE experimenting with sex.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Leanne
    I'm a virgin and will be until marriage. It's hard for girls to learn to cherish their virginity because they have been taught by society (just watch commercials) that a girl's purpose is to provide men with sexual pleasure. If even adult women believe this, how would girls learn otherwise? Plus I think the number of parents who have time to give their children the attention they need combined with the attitude that children are a 'burden' leaves girls without the attention from their fathers they need. Studies have shown that a girl's relationship with her father will be mirrored in her relationships with men later in life. I know that the love and acceptance I desperately crave from my dad I turned into a desperate craving for attention and acceptance from my male friends. If a girl craves attention and grows up being taught her 'purpose' in life is to be sexy for male enjoyment, she'll seek sexual attention from men. Who is teaching girls they can expect more from men and relationships than sex? It seems sex is being prized as the best part of relationships. It makes me very angry and frustrated that little girls and boys are being taught that they should expect so little from relationships.

User Detail :  

Name : Leanne, Gender : F, Race : I'm a mutt!!, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : pleasant hill, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : artist, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.