Why don’t teens cherish virginity?

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Nikki
    Participant
    I have great respect for teens who decide to wait to have sex, but it's not for everybody and neither is marriage. I lost my virginity at 15, and really dont regret it. I think the reason women are not getting married as young is because they are having sex before marriage, one less reason to rush into something.

User Detail :  

Name : Nikki, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Student/waitress, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

J-Bartholoma19689
    Participant
    For me, I'm saving it for my wedding day, as are a good deal of people who responded to this forum. Also, within my group of friends, most are waiting until they are married. Only one person has had sex in our group, and after he broke up with his girl friend, whom we think he only went out with for sex, he decided not to have sex for a while. So, the presuring goes both ways.

User Detail :  

Name : J-Bartholoma19689, Gender : M, Age : 15, City : Bloomfield Hills, State : MI Country : United States, 

Princess28828
    Participant
    I know that it wasn't a cherish thing for me. I felt as if it was me giving myself to someone I cared deeply for. I think it's great that you are waiting. It just wasn't my decision. Sex does mean a lot to me and I don't go around and sleep with everything that walks but I think if I'm in a serious relationship it doesn't matter. But always go and get tested first.

User Detail :  

Name : Princess28828, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Ponca city, State : OK Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Bill
    This is something I think a lot of people do not understand along with teen pregnancy. My view is that it is the parents of the teen that will be the ultimate factor (male and females) in the sex equation. For example, I can tell just by your comments that you had a parent (most likely religeous) that has sat down and talked with you about sex. I am not saying they had the RIGHT talk with you (making sex out to be taboo and dirty if done out of marrage...hay it happens) but they had the talk with you in a timely manner. I have come up with the diffrent scenarios to give you an idea of how parent interaction can play a role. (1) Parent does not discuss sex at all. Teen experiments and goes wild with little knowledge of consequence. Teens in this situation usually have sex thinking that it will get the guy/girl to love them possibly due to a lack of love and/or attention at home. (2) Parent is not comfortable with 'the talk' and is either waay to vague or waits too late. Teen is curious and experiments. (3) Parent is very strict and gives basic information on sex and threatens teen if they do that before they are out of the house. Teen rebels and does it anyway just like all the other stuff they are forbidden to do. (4) Parents talk with their teen about sex and tells them the consequences of not being careful, but tell their teen that if they choose to have sex, to be safe. Teen makes up their mind to do or not to do. (5) Teen is abused sexually and they think sex=love because that is how the abuser usually tells them. Teen sleeps with many random men to feel loved. Of course there is peer pressure and guy pressures that contribute, but for the most part it is the parents not doing a good enough job at teaching their teens about sex. Even if you are nervous about talking with your teen about sex, do it and be vivid and specific and tell them about peer pressures.

User Detail :  

Name : Bill, City : Monroe, State : LA Country : United States, 

Mike28870
    Participant
    Teens don't cherish there virginity because times are changing. Twenty years ago things were alot differnt and people probably waited longer to lose there virginity. Now everything is changing whether it is good or bad everything is in the process of change. Alot of things influence teens to do certain things. Losing someone virginity could be influenced by there freinds, tv/media, significant other, etc. They feel the peer pressure and give in to things.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike28870, City : Clarks summit, State : PA Country : United States, 

AnneP
    Participant
    Virginity was a big issue, especially for women, when there was no reliable birth control and no sure way to determine paternity except to restrict a woman's sexual access to one man. These conditions don't apply any more! If your particular set of values make virginity important, that's totally fine, but others may take a more pragmatic view. I can't think of other areas where lack of experience in something that's generally considered positive is an asset.

User Detail :  

Name : AnneP, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.