Fat, how do you view me?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author

nikfish20059
    Participant
    I've been petrified of gaining weight since kindergarden, sinc emy mother was very overweight. I can't recall making comments or looking at any fat person in disgust. I honestly think it's a medical condition first before I make assumptions about the person's diet. I do have to admit to feeling pity for the grosly overweight. Some of the best seamstresses out there are that way out of necessity.

User Detail :  

Name : nikfish20059, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 31, City : Georgetown, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : between jobs, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sheri R.
    Participant
    jenny... unfortunately you DID get honest comments regarding fat/over weight/obese people. also unfortunately most of the people commenting are misinformed. it is erroneous to _assume_ that every fat person stuffs his/her face and lacks self control. they have bought into the biggest lie the diet industry and the media peddles. to look down on anyone is a way to boost up yourself. people who point a judgemental finger at fat people are usually trying to make themselves look better. many fat people got that way because of yo-yo dieting. HELLO people! the diet industry is a multi-BILLION dollar a year industry peddling solutions that will never work in the long run. even doctors don't really know, short of gastric bypass surgery, how to get weight off people and keep it off. the negative comments from people who aren't doctors should be ignored. instead of judging people i'd suggest people who are clueless pick up a book and learn something about weight loss. people are taking ephedrine, a drug that may kill, to lose weight. how many fat people took fen/phen and got heart defects trying to lose weight? that isn't a sign of lack of will power, that's a sign of desperation. no one in their right mind _wants_ to be fat and there are more reasons than just a bad thyroid that makes a person fat. how do you know a breathing problem is from the fat, the breathing problem may have come first. if you can't breath you certainly can't exercise. some have medical conditions, some have emotional problems. either way, no one has the right to judge because no one is perfect. i bet you all wouldn't be so judgemental if the woman posting had said she were anorexic. you probably would be envious of her self control, nevermind she would be dying. many obese people are dying the same way...only they are gaining. where is the sympathy for them? the fattest man in the world had a medical problem that caused the weight gain, just FYI, and it wasn't his thyroid.

User Detail :  

Name : Sheri R., Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 41, City : san francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    I don't hate fate people, but what I do hate is when fat people make their personal weight problem my problem, by sitting - or should I say squeezing - next to me in a seat that is clearly too small for them, thus making my commute to and from work miserable. Every time the bus or train slows down, that fat person puts all their weight on me, which is not good for my back, or my clothes, which usually end up damp and wrinkled on the side where they sat. Other than that, I have no problem with fat people.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sharon
    Participant
    Unfortunately, the general public does discriminate against obese individuals - we don't enjoy seeing them. How many TV shows or movies have you seen with fat people making love or living a 'quality life'? There is something about being obese that is equated with gluttony, no self-control, poor hygiene and general unattractiveness. I too had a major weight problem in high school and college. I was miserable, and though I knew I should love and accept myself as I was, I couldn't. I felt that everything I ate, the way I walked, the clothes I wore, even my interaction with the opposite sex, was being scrutinized. People, for the most part, are very harsh critics. You either decide that you don't care, or you make changes to be satisfied with who you are.

User Detail :  

Name : Sharon, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 34, City : San Antonio, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Professional, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Archon
    Participant
    I know you, as an obese person, have gone through a fair amount of abuse and discrimination in your life. Both women and men will devalue you. Men because you do not fit into arbitrary ideals of beauty and women because they do not want to look like you ( they go anexoric). I know you probably tried every thing possible to lose weight. I would look at you as unfortunate, but not with emnity. I would be willing to have a friendship with you if we had enoug in common. However, to be honest, I could never have a relationship with you. I certainly do not want an anorexic stick woman; I like woman with some curves. A good example would be Kate Winslet. But an obese woman is simply not attractive in my eyes.

User Detail :  

Name : Archon, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jedi, Age : 36, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Alma31458
    Participant
    People will respond first and foremost to the opinion you have of yourself. If you project a self-confident image, thats what they will respond to. I've been over 200 pounds for 20 years. I give direct eye contact to everyone I meet and treat people as I expect to be treated; with respect. Just remember, you will always have knotheads; they are God's example of how not to act. 90% of the people I deal with on a daily basis could care less about my body shape. The other 10%(aint that a crack-up) can kiss my fat........attitude. : >

User Detail :  

Name : Alma31458, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 49, City : Kempner, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : federal employee..contract, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Joe29370
    Participant
    I don't usually care any different about fatter people unless they are rude or smell- This implies to me that they don't care about much anymore, including weight, manners or hygiene.

User Detail :  

Name : Joe29370, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, 

Jennifer
    Participant
    Everyone can get help with overweightness. It's the fact that when you see a 400 lb person at a buffet and then complaining that they are too big. Its not right. There are so many health concerns with obesity in the united states already. Its not what you eat but how much of it. Starving yourself is not good cause its makes you bigger. Go to heabalife.com and see how you can get help.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 20, City : gastonia, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : healthcare, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Steph D.
    Participant
    I am obese, I will admit. I have healthy eatting habits and exercise. I am a victim of heredity. I also haven't been teased since elementary school. I personnaly feel disgused when I see fat people who are hanging out their clothing, are eatting with poor matters, or are stuffing themselves. People will be mean if you give them cause to.

User Detail :  

Name : Steph D., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Pedro
    Participant
    Recently the company I work for hired a very unhealthy-looking, severely obese lady. It's a small company and we see and talk to each other most days. She has a very pleasant personality. I thought someone that fat would be difficult to deal with - I was expecting her to have some guilt and avoid eating as much as she does in front of other people. But she seems to have a very healthy attitude towards her looks and carries on eating all day long. She talks about food (and clothing) as any other person, without shame. Before meeting her, I'd never thought severely obese people would have this care-free attitude, and I find it very refreshing that 'food' is not an issue or subject to be avoided around her. The other day she mentioned she has a boyfriend. My first thought was about HIS weight. He's probably very fat - otherwise how could he find her attractive?

User Detail :  

Name : Pedro, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Porto, State : NA Country : Portugal, Occupation : technician, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lauren26090
    Participant
    For the past two years I have become best friends with two wonderful ladies who happen to be obese. I have never before been very close with an obese person and have learned a lot these past years. I am thin, weighing around 120 pounds, but it takes work and control. I sometimes become very frustrated with my friends when I see them eating a fast-food hamburger and fries. Then they complain about their weight and the way they are viewed. The thing that frustrates me is that we all struggle with our health and weight. Every day I choose to eat and live healthy. It is not always easy. If I did not invest in myself, I too would be overweight.

User Detail :  

Name : Lauren26090, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Raleigh, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bella23335
    Participant
    What annoys me about people who are overweight is how much they seem to hate themselves. I feel like saying: 'Why can't you just love yourself? It's your body, you put all that food into it on purpose, this is what you wanted, so be happy about it.' I'm much happier with fat people who are happy about their fat.

User Detail :  

Name : Bella23335, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Afro-Caribbean, Religion : Christian, Age : 31, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Dave
    Participant
    My best friend weighs over 600 pounds and doesn't try to control his eating habits. He eats everything and anything. He orders bags full of food from McDonalds and then complains about his size. He tells me sometimes when he is out in public, he is ashamed of his size, yet he does nothing to improve his health. I think fat people eat wrong as a way of medicating their sadness for being fat.

User Detail :  

Name : Dave, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Depression, not disabled., Race : American Indian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 48, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Mental Health, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

sally28529
    Participant
    i associate fat with uneducated, not intelligent, non-sexual, unattractive. i understand there are medical conditions and sometimes psychological issues that can contribute to obesity but by and large, it is something that can be controlled. 'food addiction' is a total crock, another excuse that fat people make for themselves. in this arena, you have the power to be healthy. use it. exercise. eat properly.

User Detail :  

Name : sally28529, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 27, City : montreal, State : MS Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tabii
    Participant
    I understand that people make fun of you for you r weight, but obviously you're doing something to make them tease you about what you eat, and looking gross. Maybe it's these eating habits that bring so much attention to yourself. Might I point out that its the same habits that make you obese.

User Detail :  

Name : Tabii, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 18, City : Fort walton Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.