Asian and white faces

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Ben
    Participant
    I have always found it totally captivating as to what makes someone good or bad looking. I have often sat in the office looking around at different people wondering what it is that makes her so beautiful over her? What is it personal to me, we all share eyes, mouth, noses, ears etc..all in a similar position facially, so how can the differences in detail cause such difference in attraction... In the instance of racial qualities being the differential factor, it is down to the person's individual influences through his/her life which will have established a certain persona for their desire. But for me personally, I tend to find that the majority of mixed race are the most beautiful, the example lucia lu is stunningly beautiful. When you consider the length of evolutionary time we've have had of mass migration of races around the world, it has only just occurred..It has been put forward that natural blondes will no longer exist within 200 years. Perhaps it is because when races "mix", the best suited qualities of each reside, and as the future generations emerge it is likely that we will all converge to a common ethnic race of "mankind".

User Detail :  

Name : Ben, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Open to question, Age : 22, City : Bournemouth, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Accounts Reconciler, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nik
    Participant
    I do not think Asian faces are ugly at all, and it saddens me that you feel this way. I've seen Chinese women get plastic surgery to remove their ethnic features, and the end result was not that they were more beautiful ... it's that they looked more generic. I'm sure they were happy with their new 'european' features, but I wish they could have seen how beautiful and distinctive they were originally.

User Detail :  

Name : Nik, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Atheist, Age : 24, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Lish25699
    Participant
    girl, we may be inundiated with western ideals of beauty daily thanks to advertising, magazines, tv, or movies. asian gals in this region may be thronging cosmetic surgery clinics in unprecedented numbers, asking for razor sharp cheek bones and caucasian eyes. we probably grew up wishing we had blond hair, or green eyes. but we will always, always have one final trump card: we age gracefully, and will probably look 25 at age 40 by western standards.

User Detail :  

Name : Lish25699, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : KL, State : NA Country : Malaysia, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, 

Dutchman
    Participant
    The whole world is dominated by the western concept of beauty. We are raised with it. All over the world we see beatiful white people in film, magazines, billboards etc. And because of that people of ohter races forget they can be beautiful themselfes. People of other races try to look like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie but of course that's not possible. Who likes wide-eyed chinese people? Who likes the white face of michael jackson? And there are so many white people who don't look like the people in magazine's. They get a nosejob, pump up their brests etc. It's sad to read that so many people lack of self-esteem because they only see the beautiful white people. Instead of that people should pursue their natural beauty and be proud of it. Than they become real beautiful.

User Detail :  

Name : Dutchman, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 30, City : amsterdam, State : NA Country : The Netherlands, Occupation : lawyer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Amanda
    Participant
    Oh, HONEY. My Chinese-Canadian husband's face is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Chocolate-coloured, almond-shaped eyes; strong, manly cheekbones; the luscious mouth of a rock god; absolutely perfect ears set on his neck like seashells;lustrous black hair; skin like buckwheat honey; and an elegant nose that doesn't get in the way when we kiss. And when he smiles? Help me, Rhonda! I will keep trying to earn that smile for the rest of our lives. Give me a break, Gu Li. Look at a film by Wong Kar Wai or Zhang Yimou, and find me someone in it whose face is NOT beautiful. Not that I think beauty is race-based. I love my husband's face, which is shaped by his sex and his 'race', but also by who he is as an individual. I have been attracted to people of many backgrounds, including my own. But he is definitely the most fascinating.

User Detail :  

Name : Amanda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : leanna.brodie@sympatico.ca, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

peter29230
    Participant
    I think it is because you live in china, which is mostly asian people. While everybody else is calling you sad, i think its because its a natural phenomenon of thinking of foriegners as exotic. Probably, the few faces you see in marketing is pale white people whom are some of the most attractive part of their race (who hires ugly models?) Your determination of beauty probably comes from a combination of marketing, your collectivist culture (not that of emphasized individual thought like america) and limited eposure. Unfortunately, your location and circumstanced probably shaped your opinion very strongly. Me being black in America, would have to be paid handsomely to even kiss a white person because of probably history and my strong adversion to artificially tanned or pale skin.

User Detail :  

Name : peter29230, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Sarah19713
    Participant
    Definitely not, beauty is raceless! It actually has more to do with evenness of features than anything- at least that's what I saw on discovery chanel :)

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah19713, City : Asheville, State : NC Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.