Asian and white faces

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Amber31557
    Participant
    Excuse me, but the statement that black women do not like white women is a very ignorant one to make. I am a black female, and my two best girlfriends in the entire world are white girls. Please do not tell foreigners that black females in America don't like white females. That is certainly not true. I have black female friends as well....and ALL of them have white girls as friends also. I don't know where you are getting your information, but it is very wrong. Please don't generalize again...my white girl friends and I get along just fine.

User Detail :  

Name : Amber31557, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Eric
    Participant
    From my perspective, the Asiatic peoples appear to have healthier skin than whites and have more beautiful faces. Political humorist P.J. O'Rourke once noted that if you took 30 Veitamese women by random choice, you would find at least a dozen that made Julia Roberts look like Lyle Lovitz. I think it's all a matter of perspective.

User Detail :  

Name : Eric, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : Heidelberg, State : NA Country : Germany, Occupation : Military, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Ems25409
    Participant
    I have to disagree. Perhaps it is to do with the amount of Western culture you have been exposed to but a lot of westerners (Myself included) find Chinese and Japanese faces very beautiful.

User Detail :  

Name : Ems25409, City : Enland, State : WY Country : United Kingdom, 
    I don't know what to say in response to this, except to suggest that you seek a therapist. Your self-esteem level is at minus zero. But as another person mentioned, it is partly due to the brainwashing in this country, that white is the only standard by which to measure beauty. Having said that, there is an abundance of ugly in every ethnic group. No group is immune to the 'ugly' factor. I've seen some gorgeous people - white, Asian, black - and an equal number of people who should be required by law to wear bags over their heads.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw30004, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 42, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

G.E. Long
    Your statement sounds as if you are buying into the 'European' view of beauty rather than seeing beauty for what it is: different and special for every person and group. All racial/ethnic groups have people who are breathtakingly beautiful, as well as those who are definitely 'trolls.' Depending on an individual's point of view, the same person you view as beautiful can be viewed as ugly by others, and vice versa. The unfortunate aspect of the European point of view is that it is incredibly narrow and limited - if one doesn't have blond hair, blue eyes, etc., then that person is not beautiful - which is bunk. Personally, I think black people are the most beautiful people on earth (being black myself, you can say I'm a little biased), but I have also seen amazingly beautiful people of all races and ethnicities, as well as trolls of all types.

Actually, I find that white faces often are 'lacking' - often because the whites I encounter follow beauty trends slavishly, with the dedication and intensity of a lemming, rather than do what better suits them as an individual.

As far as your last statement, I find that the characteristics unique to Asian people are what make your faces beautiful - from the Chinese and Japanese people I've encountered, who wouldn't find beauty in round faces, amazing skin, dark eyes, the contrast between the smooth, pale skin and dark hair, etc.? Don't get me wrong - I'm totally straight - but Joan Chen has to be one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, as merely one example out of many.

You didn't mention your age - if you are young, hopefully with time you will come to appreciate your unique beauty; if you are older, wake up before it's too late.

User Detail :  

Name : G.E. Long, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jason
    Participant
    It's unhealthy to consider your own or an entire race's face ugly. There are beautiful Asian men and women here and everywhere, and it's the same for people who don't fall into what's considered 'beautiful'. Some Thai and Korean people I know mention that they wish they had a 'stronger' bridge to their noses, that their' is flat. White people wish, sometimes (OK, me!) that they had 'stronger' cheekbones, or that they didn't have to shave every morning. I can only hope you are still young and will learn in time that, despite what Hollywood shows in the movies, every person and race is beautiful - or, sometimes, not so pretty.

User Detail :  

Name : Jason, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Case Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tom
    Participant
    The adage 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' has never been so true. I am a white male from England and can honestly say that I find some Asian women, black women and women of other races attractive. I strongly believe that all races have their beautiful people and ugly people, but what you find attractive is a personal thing. Obviously we are influenced to a certain extent by television and what we are told is beautiful, but as every year passes we are exposed to more mixed-race influences. This means it has become acceptable to find other races attractive. My current girlfriend is Sri Lankan and has made the point to me (on more than one occassion) that it has always been more of a cultural issue than physical attraction issue that has kept races from mixing more.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 27, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Architect, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

G-Man
    Why people of any ethnicity would think whites are universally more attractive is confounding. In the past, before the civil rights/black pride era, many blacks in the United States felt aesthetically inferior to whites. Thank goodness those days are behind us. Since more blacks like what they see when they look in the mirror, other ethnicities now see blacks as more beautiful. Maybe it's time for an East Asian pride cultural revolution.

User Detail :  

Name : G-Man, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Age : 48, City : San Francisco Bay area, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

L26180
    Participant
    It might be the effect of marketing that often uses Caucasian models, but I wonder if your perception might have something to do with 'exoticness'. If you live in an area with very few Caucasians, you might find their looks more striking as a result.

User Detail :  

Name : L26180, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 24, City : Montreal, Quebec, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Graduate Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kathy
    Hey fellow Chinese sister! And, everybody else thank you for your wonderful comments, I really appreciate it. And let me say that there are beautiful people in ALL races, no one race is considered more beautiful or pleasing than the other! We are ALL beautiful human beings, and we should start cherishing it!:):) And, especially to you my fellow Chinese sister, we are beautiful people. We have beautiful eyes that I think look sexy, we have strong cheekbones, pretty noses and you have got to learn to appreciate what nature has blessed you with.:):)

User Detail :  

Name : Kathy, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 22, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Artist, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Don
    Participant
    As you can see by most of the responses to your post, most posters here are rightfully alarmed by the fact that you are an Asian woman who believes white features are superior to Asian features. It's absolutely wrong for an Asian to think that Asians are less attractive than other people and they are right to assume such thoughts are unhealthy and due to low self-esteem, but the irony is that if you were a white woman who said Asian people were better looking than whites, none of these people would accuse you of having low self-esteem or feelings of self-hathred. They would percieve you as being a totally healthy, open-minded person and a fine advocate of multiculturalism.

User Detail :  

Name : Don, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Marie
    Participant
    Jay, who are you to say how black women feel? Are you a female? What is your race? The fact that you only say you are from New York City is very telling. Just because you don't agree that Chinese or Japanese women have plain faces, does that mean that all people named Jay feel that way? Of course not, but you feel you have the authority to tell readers of this site how black women feel on this subject and that we don't like white women at all. That is absolutely absurd and if you are an adult (my guess is you are), you should be ashamed of your ignorance.

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 47, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Don
    Participant
    The YForum is probably not going to post this message, since they mostly seem to print what they consider to be 'safe' and Politically Correct views, but here is my interpretation of your post and the responses to your post. As you can clearly see by most of the responses, most people here are rightfully alarmed by the fact that you are an Asian woman who believes white features are superior to Asian features. It's absolutely wrong for Asians to think that Asians are less attractive than other people and the people here are right to assume such thoughts are due to low self-esteem, but the irony is that if you were a white woman who said Asian people were better looking than whites, none of these people would accuse you of having low self-esteem or feelings of self-hathred. They would percieve you as being a totally healthy , open-minded white person who just happens to think other races are better than her own. Few people are able to see this double-standard.

User Detail :  

Name : Don, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Barbara23469
    Participant
    You need to stop watching tv and looking at magazines that only glorify the european standard of beauty, we are all beautiful in our unique way, it is just when all you see is one standard of beauty you become brainwashed to believe that this is all there is but women of color have always held to a different standard of beauty! We embrace our beauty and apparently others want to enhance what we seem to have naturally i.e. breast, lips, hips, etc!.

User Detail :  

Name : Barbara23469, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Jessica-M
    Participant
    I couldn't agree with you more on this subject. I do also think white faces are much more beautiful!

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica-M, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Troy, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Mom, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.