Asian and white faces

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

JessTsab
    Participant
    I am a white female, married to an Asian male, Hmong from Thailand. At first I felt uncomfortable when around other Asian women because I've always thought Asian women the most beautiful of all. Soon enough I realized by talking to one of my galfriends, Chue, that no matter what race you are--we all have insecurities. Most of the time we shouldnt though, but its huan and okay. But by NO means would I ever say the Asian face is an ugly one. It may be plain, but thats the beauty and exoticness of it. The Asian race has a natural beauty that is a rare possession. Cherish it.

User Detail :  

Name : JessTsab, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Norfolk, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Military Police, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nasen20255
    Participant
    Asian people have some sort of inferiority complex toward whites. It's very widespread, and I think it's hit me (and a lot of my asian friends) a little too, especially since I grew up in white America with the usually whitewash in the media. I'm somewhat confused about how it's hit Asian people in their own soil so hard, but I think it could be attributed to two things. First, there's always the 'grass is greener' phenomenon, or simply a feeling of exoticism. You get tired of your own people, and since you're always seeing the best of the other people, your view of things are warped. Also people get sick of how they look and want to try something different. What could be more different from the black straight hair and relatively flat and round faces of asians than the angular, pointed features and blond hair of whites? So a whole lot of women go and dye their hair, thankfully most of the time to red/brown hues and not to blonde. I think most asian women look hideous with blonde hair, and they're starting to figure it out. The second reason is probably longstanding history of European imperialism, both culture and political. Europeans were often viewed with contempt, but since their popular culture is so much more 'modern' and their movies and music are so much more developed, white media easily finds popularity in asian countries. People want to emulate what they see. I just want to remind you that don't ever assume that your opinion is the opinion of everyone else. What you think is beautiful most likely differs from a vast number of people around you and in other parts of the world. There are universal standards of beauty, but nothing restricts the appreciation of the beauty of all races and peoples.

User Detail :  

Name : Nasen20255, Gender : M, Race : Asian, Age : 19, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Marie
    Participant
    I happen to think a lot of Asian guys, esp. Chinese and Japanese, are gorgeous. Unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be a very large Asian population around here. ;) But I've always thought that Asians and Native Americans were some of the most beautiful people on earth. I certainly couldn't tell you why exactly. Just a matter of opinion, I guess.

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Jeffersonville, State : IN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Sam28558
    Participant
    I don't really think that's true. I went to a high school where about half the class was asian, (mostly Japan/China/Korea) and about 45% white. I met many very attractive Asian girls. (very few of whom seemed to take an interest in me. *sigh*) I also met several attractive girls who were half-asian and half-white. I know some men even have things for Asian girls. The general stereotype about Asian girls is that they will be demure and quiet and small, so some men who like to feel strong and powerful particularly like that. I generally like lively girls who consider themselves at least equal to me and act like it, so I don't really like that type of personality.

User Detail :  

Name : Sam28558, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Manhattanite, Age : 18, City : NYC, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

h.o.b
    I am not surprised. The grass is always greener on the other side. We always consider someone different as exotic, unique, rare. I am sure blacks feel the same way too.

User Detail :  

Name : h.o.b, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Secular Humanist, Age : 54, City : omaha, State : NE Country : United States, Occupation : physician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Joe30609
    Participant
    This really shocks me. I am a black male and have noticed that there are some black women who feel the same about the black face. Listen, American media attempts to set the standard for beauty. The key is not to succumb to this. There are so many very attractive Asian women. Asian women are beautiful, so are black, white, Indian, African, etc. I do not think it is a race issue. Honestly there are "not so attractive" people in every race, but please do not write off your entire race.

User Detail :  

Name : Joe30609, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Kari
    I do not think that Asian faces are plain, I am native American and our facial structures are in some ways similar to Asians. I love 'cat' eyes on women and squinty eyes on men.

User Detail :  

Name : Kari, Gender : F, Race : American Indian, Age : 19, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, 

Marie
    Participant
    Every race has it's share of beautiful people, average people and just plain ugly people. I am personally more attracted to Chinese guys than White guys. (My husband excepted, of course.) In fact, I just saw the most gorgeous Chinese guy the other day. He's my newest fantasy. Yeah, I'm admitting that I fantasize about men other than my husband. He knows and I encourage him to do the same. (Um, with girls, not guys. But, I wouldn't exactly be disgusted if he looked at other guys, just...surprised.) Some of the ugliest people I've ever seen are White. It's all subjective. Whatever turns you on, ya know. Why question it?

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Jeffersonville, State : IN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Tabitha
    Participant
    In response to this person's reply, I have to refer to the individual's background and exposure. To agree to such a ethnocentric OPINION is not only irrational, but also sadly uneducated. Being a mixture of many different cultures: Spanish, Vietnamese, and German; I have learned through life experiences that beauty is not only physical, but psychological. At first, this person's opinion angered me. But upon realizing the fact that this person has already had children and never graduated from high school at the age of 20, there is no merit in this person's opinion. Obviously undereducated, inexperienced, and irrational; this ethnocentric individual has much to learn about the world. I love my exotic and stunning features that make me stand out above the 'average' crowd. Believe me, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. And that person should always be yourself. Love who you are and you will always be the most beautiful person on earth.

User Detail :  

Name : Tabitha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Vietnamese, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nikki
    Participant
    I have seen women of all races who I think are absolutely beautiful-- Iman is one of my favorites, Lucy Liu, the girl from 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,' Rosario Dawson, my next door neighbor, who is black, Nicole Kidman... on and on. I think equally about men of all races-- Taye Diggs, Orlando Bloom, Antonio Banderas, Benjamin Bratt. It's entirely a matter of personal taste. As one other responder said, it may simply be a matter of 'exotic' and what looks most different from what you are used to.

User Detail :  

Name : Nikki, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Wiccan, Age : 31, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : SAHM, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Betty
    And why do you say that? I see that you're a mother. If there's a racial basis to your statement, I hope your children don't learn from you.

User Detail :  

Name : Betty, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 17, City : Medford, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    you really think that perhaps people would think that Asian features were bland? oh, goodness no! I think that it's an equal mix of beauty in every race, but i do have to admit; i find Asians perticularily pleasing, aesthetically. I mean, every race had special qualities that stand out, and i think you should learn to accept your own, and have fun checking out the ones in other cultures too!

User Detail :  

Name : Anastasia-Gumns31618, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Michigan City, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jess30769
    Participant
    I think that all of the races have their beautiful people and features. I think that these beauties are too different to be compared however, and that a beautiful Asian person should not be compared to a beautiful white person because the differences are too great. I think many Asians are beautiful or handsome. There is probably a lack of Asian models because Asians are generally shorter than other people, and models have to be tall. If I were you, I would stop worrying about being compared to other races and just try to develop a sense of security in your own heritage.

User Detail :  

Name : Jess30769, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 14, City : Lubbock, State : TX Country : United States, Social class : Upper class, 

Tali24824
    Participant
    Girl, you need to get some pride in our ethnicity. I think that whites are pretty dang unattractive. You need to come to America and see different races for yourself. Now, I think that we Asian folks are the best looking because we are the hottest and most fashionable(not to be arrogant but it is true).

User Detail :  

Name : Tali24824, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 18, City : NYC, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Factory Worker, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Bertrand
    Participant
    what are you talking about? Asian women have probably the most beautiful, exotic faces on the planet. Why do you think most over the counter make-up is designed to make 'western' faces look more exotic? Asian women, especially Chinese and Filipino, are probably the only women who don't even need to really wear make-up.

User Detail :  

Name : Bertrand, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 46, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.