Asian and white faces

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Gu Li
    I am Chinese and have noticed that, in most cases, whites' faces are more beautiful than ours. But this is only my feeling; I want to know whether others, such as blacks, whites or Indians, have the same feeling. Also, do you think Chinese and Japanese faces are too plain or ugly?

User Detail :  

Name : Gu Li, Race : Asian, City : Changchun, State : NA Country : China, 

Jorma29097
    Participant
    I America it seems to be portrayed that Caucasians are more beautiful than everone else. You see a lot of Caucasians on beauty magazines and ads.

User Detail :  

Name : Jorma29097, City : Reston, State : VA Country : United States, 

C19202
    Participant
    There is beauty in all races . I wouldn't consider 'white' to be 'more attractive than' all others. Remember, USA culture as it affects other world culture tends to potray white as the standard of beauty, although this is not the case in reality Remember, some of the world's most beatiful women such as Zhang Ziyi, Lucy Liu, Michelle Yeoh, and Kelly Hu origin from Asian culture. I can't see how someone would see these women lesser than a white face

User Detail :  

Name : C19202, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : Pontiac, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Wayne24403
    Participant
    I disagree. The perception of beauty is very subjective and is affected by your culture and exposure to others. There are also other factors at work, for instance, what you are told is attractive by those in power. Whites have held the majority of power on this planet for quite awhile. So, their standard of beauty is what has been dominant worldwide. And naturally their standard is themselves. I personally know many Asians, Whites, and Blacks, and find an equal distribution of those I find attractive and those that I don't. This dispite the fact that, being American, I naturally have taken on a White standard of beauty. But I do find many Blacks attractive that Whites or Asians don't. Just as Whites find other Whites attractive which I don't. Personally, I feel the most attractive people are those of mixed race. My preferences tend to be mixtures of Black/White, Asian/White, Black/Native American, and Black/Asian. Not necessarily in that order.

User Detail :  

Name : Wayne24403, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 43, City : Parsippany, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : marketing, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

highschool-girl
    Participant
    I don't think Asians are ugly or plain. They just look different. Every ethnic group looks different, and everyone needs to accept and respect those differences. We live on the same planet, and we're all human beings. God created us. We all look different, but our creator is the same. I hope you gain some confidence in your attitude and with your looks.

User Detail :  

Name : highschool-girl, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, 

Kelly
    What a coincidence. Just yesterday I was marveling at how naturally beautiful most Chinese and Japanese girls are. I have noticed that in general, these women wear very little if any makeup, and just exhibit what nature endowed them. Americans, especially Caucasian and African-American women, sometimes look like clowns with all that makeup we pile on. I used to wear a lot of makeup, but I am refraining from doing so because I have realized I fancy the natural look much more.

User Detail :  

Name : Kelly, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : I'm not sure anymore, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : East Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Dave26010
    Participant
    I happen to think black women are beautiful. And yes White woman too. And definitely Asians. Oh yeah Latinos, got to love Latin Ladies. I almost forgot: Indian chicks, they are hot too. I was once in love/lust with an American-Indian girl. Some of those "lusts" were blonde, some brunette. Man, there were a few red heads too. I think you get my point...right? I hope you are not asking the Question because of what you see in Magazines & Television. All too frequently the media uses the Caucasian Blond Bombshell to promote everything from A to Z. Don't let the global marketing machine sell you their idea of what "beautiful" is, or should be. Let your built in, "State of the art", Human instinct tell you what Beautiful is. While there are many beautiful whites out there, there are just as many Chinese/Asians (et al) who are gorgeous, and they aren't necessarily in magazines or on TV. Instead, they are on the train to work, or the car next to you in traffic, or standing in front of you on line at the bagel shop. And you know, they probably don't feel like they are attractive because they are in sweatpants, or their hair is not at it's best, or they don't have make-up on. But, I think they look better than what the magazines portray, because their smile is a genuine one, and they are...well...real! -------------------------- 'What is beauty?'. Is beauty only in the eye of the beholder, or are there some absolute values? Beauty is a mystery! 'I know not what beauty is, but I know that it touches many things', - Dürer.

User Detail :  

Name : Dave26010, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Long Island, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Pre Outsourced Techie, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

D-Slobodyanik
    Participant
    I was stunned by your question. I had always considered Asian faces much more attractive, in general, than whites' faces. It seems to me like a pure matter of personal opinion.

User Detail :  

Name : D-Slobodyanik, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 16, City : Woodbine, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jay31080
    Participant
    It's so funny you should say that because I am white and think that overall Chinese (and Asian in general) women are the most beautiful women of all races. I don't think Chinese or Japanese women have plain faces at all - have you ever seen Chinese-American actress Lucy Lui? She's stunning! You will find that black women will not feel the same as you; they do not like white women at all.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31080, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Patty
    Participant
    What a sad posting. It is horrible that you feel this way. I am white and find some Chinese and Japanese faces very beautiful, just as I find some white faces very beautiful. I think maybe this is a good example of how the Western world has brainwashed the rest of the world through pop culture - I read that many Asians are even having eyelid surgery to make their eyes more 'Caucasian'.

User Detail :  

Name : Patty, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 31, City : Antalya, State : NA Country : Turkey, 

SJB
    Participant
    I am white and think Asian people are the beautiful ones. They have such pretty eyes.

User Detail :  

Name : SJB, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 
    I'm really sick of people generalizing about how Black women 'feel' or 'don't feel' about a given situation. Unless you've conversed with every single Black woman in the United States of America, then you are NOT qualified to make such an idiotic statement.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw30005, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 42, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tom24129
    Participant
    I think Asian women are beautiful. And I'm sure I'm not alone. As a matter of fact I think most straight white men would agree with me.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom24129, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : South Orange, State : NJ Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Ben23363
    Participant
    I'm white, and I tend to think asian faces are more beautiful, so there you go. (How much exposure to white people do you have? If you see white faces mostly in movies and on TV, then of course they'll be more beautiful -- they're good looking to start, to have been chosen, and covered in makeup.)

User Detail :  

Name : Ben23363, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Ann Arbor, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Excuse me, but I thought this topic was about Asian women? Why drag MY people into your mess? And for the record, Black women wear the LEAST amount of makeup than women of other ethnicities...why? Because we already have COLOR. Thus, we don't need the contour, highlighter, blush and other crap that other women use. So before you make statements about MY people, kindly have your facts before doing so...to do less only serves to makes you look silly...which, by the way, you do.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw30003, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 42, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Rep, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.