Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
S.s.MemberThe one case in the Bible of people mixing is the story about the tower of Babel. If you do believe in God, it seems that you would not question the way he chose to give us information. Have you ever stopped to think that because humans don’t understand much (which is evident from this web site) that that may be why God gave us the information we need for salvation? So why keep asking questions about the rest? Who cares why there is no mention of dinosaurs? For a Bible believer, knowing about dinosaurs is not essential for salvation. Also, a studier of the Bible and the people of those times would know that men did write the Bible – the information was given to them by God.
User Detail :
Name : S.s., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : student/Admin Assist., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,
S.s.MemberI have often wondered that myself being black. I cannot answer for everyone, but you are correct in that a lot of what we deal with from whites and others has caused us to become untrustful and angry. I hate to always use slavery, but over the years that anger has not subsided, because of the struggles we have gone through to get the things we deserve in the first place. But when I look at pictures of Africans, I notice they have that look, too, so maybe it’s just our culture.
User Detail :
Name : S.s., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : student/Admin Assist., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,
S.s.MemberThank you!why can’t some things just be kids being kids?
User Detail :
Name : S.s., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : student/Admin Assist., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,
S.s.MemberHow can you say what your God would or would not do? If God can do what he pleases then maybe he chose to stop talking to us physically and put what he has to say in the Bible.
User Detail :
Name : S.s., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : student/Admin Assist., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,
S.s.MemberI definantly cannot answer for all blacks but I’m not too interested in water sports. It seems to me ( and I may be stereotyping but this is from what I see) blacks don’t seem to be too interested in dangerous, thrill-seeking sports such as mountain climbing and bungee jumping and particularly not water sports. (a joke around the black community is that we’re afraid of the water because of the slave ships but if I were you I would not say it it’s one of those that may only be funny in the black community and may be taken offensively from anyone else) last statement not intended at all to offend.
User Detail :
Name : S.s., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : student/Admin Assist., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,
S.s.MemberI think the show, of course, stereotypes blacks. I have never lived like that. Not to put down anyone who has. But, then that is what comedians do. They take stereotypes and make them funny. The only sad part is that blacks are portrayed so much in that way that I believe (not scientific) that contributes to the way in which America sees us. If we (Americans) could take humor for what it is and not stereotype I think these type of shows would be great. But to answer your question I rarely watch the show because that type of humor is not funny to me. Maybe it’s because I can’t relate to a lot of it. The people in those situations are usually (I think) the ones who can relate.
User Detail :
Name : S.s., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : student/Admin Assist., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class,
S.s.MemberHow sad, it seems that you believe the hype also. It’s funny that as soon as we start asking why whites are committing crimes it becomes unnecessary to put us into demographic groups. But as long as blacks or other groups ‘seem’ to be committing all of the crimes it’s o.k. If you are intelligent as your letter seems you know that the statistic only seems higher for blacks because there are less of us. You also know that there are several other factors that play an important role in why so many blacks are violent. But that is in no way to say that blacks are committing most of the crimes. And if you are smart enough you also know that more blacks are arrested for crimes. So, don’t believe all of the hype the media wants you to believe. If as many whites that do wrong were actually arrested I think you would rewrite your letter. By the way I have never committed a crime so I am not defending anyone. God Bless!
User Detail :
Name : S.s., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Houston, State : TX, Country : United States, Occupation : student/Admin Assist., Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences