Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Poro PoroMemberLife is unfair, but yes, as Caroline says, looks and first impressions do matter, and if you have a blemished face, people will probably notice and have to get around that before they see the real you. Clear skin, after all, conveys good health, and it is built in their primal instincts to be attracted by that. On the brighter side, I think in a way it helps protect one from running into people who only care about looks.
User Detail :
Name : Poro Poro, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Toronto, State : NA, Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Poro PoroMemberIn some schools in Japan, the students have to take off their shoes and go barefoot when indoors. Some claim this practice will help train the body to be stronger against colds and other illnesses.
User Detail :
Name : Poro Poro, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Toronto, State : NA, Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Poro PoroMemberSadly, I have to agree too that the odds are against it. Been there, done that. Unfair to the guys who make less than I do but there are too many delicate issues involved. I agree with pretty much all the comments above except for the jealousy part from Cassandra. I believe if a person truly loves you, he should not be jealous of how well-off you are.
User Detail :
Name : Poro Poro, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Toronto, State : NA, Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Poro PoroMemberThis is so comforting to know I’m not alone! I always thought there was a serious problem with me, in that I have many more close guys friends than girl friends. I see myself a sincere and honest person who craves for good-old female-bonding, and it doesn’t help that my friends tell me it is because girls are ‘jealous because I am pretty and successful’. I never thought I am *that* pretty nor *that* successful, so I had a hard time buying that explanation (being my own worst critic)… So, in other words, do women feel threatened by attractive women? Maybe that also explains why it is even harder for two attractive women to be close to each other because they each assume the other is also jealous of her. It’s easier to imagine two attractive (or successful) guys being buddies with each other. I suppose the green-eyed monster is female.
User Detail :
Name : Poro Poro, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Toronto, State : NA, Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Poro PoroMemberI know someone who used to be dirt-poor college student, and now he is making 1+ million a year, being able to afford to give a $70,000 car as a birthday gift for his dad and so on. And he told me the most money can do is to allow you the luxury of not having to worry about being poor. Beyond that, riches is a source of worry in itself. You have to worry about having your car stolen, your kids being kidnapped, not investing wisely with all that cash and so on. I suppose in economic terms, getting weathier follows the law of dimishing returns on happiness. The utility actually goes down as you gain money, beyond a certain point.
User Detail :
Name : Poro Poro, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Toronto, State : NA, Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Poro PoroMemberI heard that a someone who is to get married in a Catholic church must make a vow that he/she is still a virgin. I can say in the North American culture, this is often not the case (i.e. IMO, many who take the vow are probably lying!) I don’t have such a believe so I cannot represent those who do. However I believe in free choice and no one should be discrimated or thought of as a lesser person based on such. If they want to do what they want for their own reasons (and no one is harmed), I don’t look down on them. I do agree though, that those who use sex as a means to validate their self-esteem has something to think about. Sex is just another way how two people communicate with each other, and ideally it should be with your spiritual partner.
User Detail :
Name : Poro Poro, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Toronto, State : NA, Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Poro PoroMemberMany people buy the idea that men are more ‘visual’ than women (explaning why women are more into romance novels, while men, you know what). However I find myself attracted to images of a beautiful body, be it a man’s or a woman’s (does it mean I am wired differently then?). Although I would say a woman’s body in general is more attractive than a man’s simply because women tend to pamper themselves more. Back to a man’s body. I don’t feel compelled to touch the body of an attractive man but it does make me want to fantasize what it feels like to have my own body against it. When one gets close it almost feels like there is a biological current going on. Does the touching have to do with a man’s desire to conquer then?
User Detail :
Name : Poro Poro, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Toronto, State : NA, Country : Canada, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences