Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Michael P.MemberIf this were and had been a color blind society, we would not need the Negro College Fund, NAACP and other organizations that promote racial separatism. But it is not. Therefore, such organizations are needed to avail opportunities to people of races denied the chances in life by the 20/20 vision of our prejudicial society.
User Detail :
Name : Michael P., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 23, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Michael P.MemberThis space for rent (because for some intolerant reason Yforum has not posted a single message of mine).
User Detail :
Name : Michael P., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 23, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Michael P.MemberThe inhabitants of modern day Egypt are most likely not related to the Egyptians mentioned in the Bible. I would be surprised to find one Jew who would make that connection, but it is beyond my scope to represent the thoughts and feelings of an entire nation even if I happened to belong to it. I know that at the many Passover Seders that I have sat through over the years, not one member identified the Egyptians of the Exodus story with the those who inhabit Egypt today. Neither does the text (Haggadah)make those inferences or any commentaries on the Haggadah. In fact, Jews are not instructed to hate Egyptians even after all that occured some millenia ago. I say ‘not instructed’ to imply that the opposite command does in fact exist whithin the Bible: Jews are instructed to hate members and descendants of the tribe of Amalek, the incarnate of pure evil according to Jewish lore. Who they are, nobody knows. In the Bible they attacked the young and old of the ‘children of Israel’ as they made there exodus to Israel. Haman the antagonist of the Purim story (I will assume your familiarity in this subject, but if not e-mail me)is supposedly an Amalek, although he lived some centuries after the his ancestors attack on the Israelites. There is a comtempuous feeling amongst Jews for Haman, if I can make such a statment probably. This was a man who attempted genocide of the Jews, which with the Holocaust still looming large in the Jewish past, many jews have an easy time connecting the two. A yearly sermon at Purim time helps. Rabbis annualy remind Jews of the commandment and try to instill the proper feeling, holding back their earnest beliefs. But I have never heard Rabbi say the same about modern day Egypt nor ancient Egypt. There is no commandment for it, and many look at the enslavement as a neccessary evil. If any hateful thoughts are made they are made towards Paroh, if any. But there may be actually some remnants of unease towards the land itself since it is a reminder of a terrible time in Jewish History. Several commandments help obfuscate the issue: Jews are not allowed to permanently live in Egypt and they are not allowed to acquire Egyptian horses. Such rules perhaps do operate an affect within Jewish -Egyptian relations at least between the orthodox and conservative Jews and the latter. But it is hard to say. I have spent too much time here so e-mail if you have anymore questions, but I hope i have helped you out
User Detail :
Name : Michael P., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 23, City : New York, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences