Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Luana KenyattaMemberTo you, dear, and all your angry responders – I believe you made an honest mistake, as did your friend. And you are young enough to learn. What about the good and grown, droopy bottomed, supposedly educated guys who have told me – and still believe – that black people have an extra tendon in their legs, which is why we are such good athletes? You people responding are getting a little too self-righteous. What did you believe when you were 16 and wet behind the ears? Was it any more stupid than these much-older guys writing in about various women’s crotch odor during sex? I think not.
User Detail :
Name : Luana Kenyatta, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Hebraic Christian, Age : 34, City : Buffalo, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : performer/writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Luana KenyattaMemberI am black, I adore cats, my father always believed in having cats in threes so they could form a pack and I have just fallen in love with a stinky old Pekinese that I took in when his owner moved.. AND before I bought my house, I and many other renters of all ethnicities SNUCK PETS IN!!! Maybe people just haven’t mentioned their pets because they don’t want their landlords to know, but trust me, there are LOTS of people who love animals… FYI, I found an old abolitionists’ book that showed that many restraints used on slaves were modelled directly after animal restraints…
User Detail :
Name : Luana Kenyatta, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Hebraic Christian, Age : 34, City : Buffalo, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : performer/writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Luana KenyattaMemberI am a history fanatic, and what I have found is that historically, African Americans have NOT rejected their European ancestry, but rather that, Euro culture has rejected our outstretched arms. Slave-economics defined anyone of a certian percentage of ‘African blood’ to be eligible for sale, eg. ‘legally black’. This was often simply a matter of how ‘black’ someone looked. I find it wonderful that, no matter how much prejudice tries to keep poeple seperate, hearts & hormones prevail! There always have been & always will be ‘mixed’ people. BUT I have found that when this obvious fact (that there are for all practical purposes no ethnically ‘pure’ people left) is presented to some whites, they look at me, see dark skin, and refuse to believe that my grandfather was a pale brunette African American!! It is too much for some people to have to change their paradigm of ‘ethnic definition by eyeballing’, and acknowledge that people really are more than meets the eye. Being a healthy member of a diverse society is WORK! And, judging a book by its cover is a good way to never learn the story!
User Detail :
Name : Luana Kenyatta, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Hebraic Christian, Age : 34, City : Buffalo, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : performer/writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
Luana KenyattaMemberI am in the process of converting to Judaism, and the final deciding factor was the statement by a rabbi affirming that Hashem hears the prayers of the oppressed from all nations… I find this to be a far cry from members of other religions I have encountered, that will not pray for the needs of those outside thier faith, no matter desperate…
User Detail :
Name : Luana Kenyatta, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Hebraic Christian, Age : 34, City : Buffalo, State : NY, Country : United States, Occupation : performer/writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences