White people sitting on their flat butts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Lisa22811
    Participant
    A classmate told me white people's butts are so flat because during slavery they sat on them all day doing nothing, while black people worked all the time. I agree, but I want to know if any white or black people have ever heard of this.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa22811, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 16, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Iteki21238
    Participant
    Talk about a blatantly provocative post. I assume you are aware that the majority of white people didn't own slaves? That the majority were poor and worked their asses off as much as anyone else? Obviously, having their freedom, their situation was infinitely better than that of enslaved people, but please, you really think that every single Caucasian in the States at that time was a wealthy landowner whose only exercise was to occasionally arise from his chair to beat his slaves? You do neither yourself nor those who share the same heritage any favors by spouting ill-informed revisionist 'history' around the place.

User Detail :  

Name : Iteki21238, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Recovering Catholic, Age : 26, City : Smalltown, State : NA Country : Sweden, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jesse-R30815
    Participant
    Lisa, That is THE dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. You are just mocking whites, this site, and showing what an incredible waste of resources a good education is on you. Spare your teachers. Drop out and go get pregnant now. Maybe your children will redeem you.

User Detail :  

Name : Jesse-R30815, City : New york, State : NY Country : United States, 

Jennifer30881
    Participant
    C'mon Lisa. You can't possibly be serious. I have never heard of this theory before, neither in earnest nor in distasteful jest. Even if the greater likelihood of white people to have 'flat' bottoms could be researched and quantified well enough to be called a biological fact, the evolution of such a trait would have taken thousands of years, at least. So the slavery idea is impossible as well as silly.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer30881, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 31, City : St. Paul, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : Non-Profit, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

William
    Are you trying to live up to the ignorant black stereotype? You sure seem to make a good argument for it.That is like saying your lips are so big from sucking on watermelon seeds and chicken bones.

User Detail :  

Name : William, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 39, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Vittrad
    Surely that is a joke (and on a surface level, a bit funny). Only a small percentage of 'whites' have ever owned slaves (I'd venture to say, historically speaking, more had probably been on the slavery end; just look at early European history).

Hell, German companies have paid reparations for using Polish slave labor during World War II, and I don't see any difference in the size of their butts. So that doesn't make a whole lot sense. Also, slavery is not entirely a 'white' vs. 'black' issue; history is awash with stories of people enslaving each other, of all cultures and races.

User Detail :  

Name : Vittrad, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jay31100
    Participant
    If this were true - that a way of life 300 years ago would manifest as physical changes - then wouldn't African Americans' brains be underdeveloped, considering the lack of 'work' their brains were required to do during slavery? The statement could also be reversed - that white people work so hard that they burn off all excess body fat, whereas African Americans do so little work that they retain all of their body fat. These, of course, are riduculous statements, to mirror you ridiculous question

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31100, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : New York, State : NY Country : United Kingdom, Social class : Middle class, 

Alea29012
    Participant
    I am a black female and am embarrassed by the tone of your question. It is so ignorant and racist. I'm sure you already know there are many differences between the races and that Europeans and Africans have different body structures, hair textures, etc. However, your question reads more like slander than a question seeking an intelligent response.

User Detail :  

Name : Alea29012, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Matthew
    Participant
    What I have heard has nothing to do with the flatness of white people's butts, but rather why they look flat compared to black people's. As I understand it, the larger black butt is due to the fact it was used as a water storage location needed to sustain life in the harsh hot climates of Africa. It is left over from that. With respect to white butts: yeah, I guess white people have had more opportunity to sit down and work while the labors of slaves was that of hard field work, very physical in nature. Also, not all whites have flat butts. It just depends on the genetic background. Director's Note: After 40,000 postings, Y? thought it had seen and heard it all until receiving this question and response...

User Detail :  

Name : Matthew, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Age : 43, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Blammo23089
    Participant
    How did racist tripe like this appear on Y? Forum? I've had albeit divisive but nonetheless genuine questions 'moderated' out, and yet overtly provocative racism like this passes muster? Why?

Director's Note: As our long-time users are aware, Y? occasionally posts submissions that fall outside our general guidelines, to keep all of us taking part in this experiment honest. Rather than risking our users (and us) becoming lulled into the false sensibility that everyone submits "perfect" questions or is ready to engage others in a civil manner, we aren't averse to shaking things up a bit from time to time with a submission such as this. Usually, questions that aren't posted are either repetitive, or simply have not been viewed by the (lone) Director, as Y? receives hundreds of submissions per week.

User Detail :  

Name : Blammo23089, City : Ipsilate, State : MI Country : United States, 

Laura
    I have to admit, I've never heard of this, though it did give me a giggle. Take my word for it; I've seen many white women with enormous rears. And by the way; not all whites have slavery in their past. My family, though white, were poorly treated servants. Slaves, no. But they certainly didn't sit on their keesters. Just thought I would clarify.

User Detail :  

Name : Laura, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Small Town, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Bartender, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kristina
    After reading some of the other responses to this post, I think Lisa was unfairly accused of trying to start trouble because she stated a fact of U.S. history that some just deny. The truth is many whites did own blacks as slaves to avoid doing arduous labor. So this statement I do not have a problem with. However, one cannot say they developed flat bottoms solely on this premise. The size of one's bottom is due to genes and racial 'evolution.' U.S. blacks have been a suffering and starving people, so their bodies began to store extra fat wherever it could to help protect itself during tough times. Notice how I said U.S. blacks. I have noticed that African blacks seem to be skinnier than black Americans. Their bottoms still seem to be bigger than the average white person's, but they are definitely smaller than African Americans. So diet is also a factor to keep in mind.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Transcriber, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Mary
    Participant
    If your comment had any merit, there would be a large percentage of black Africans who would have flat butts. There are many more blacks in Africa today who own black slaves than there were whites who owned slaves.

User Detail :  

Name : Mary, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 28, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : social work, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Andres
    Participant
    Do the black slave owners in Africa today have flat butts?

User Detail :  

Name : Andres, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Chambersburg, State : PA Country : United States, 

Lisa22812
    Participant
    Before anyone else comments on this message, let me say I do not agree with what my classmate said. I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard of that theory. I am sorry if it offended anyone.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa22812, Gender : F, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.