Lonnie

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Interracial couples in the South #30254

    Lonnie
    Member

    From experience, I think you’re going to find some of the same responses you would anywhere else in the states. While I dated interracially here in Columbia I got inquiring gazes, none of which I found threatening. Charleston is much the same as any other city in America, and I would try and treat it as such. You’re going to have your bad apples, but that is the case everywhere. From my account, I don’t believe you will have any trouble whatsoever. Some have even argued that because Southern states have a higher ratio of black to white that the people in those states are likely to be more tolerant of interracial dating. In my opinion, the people of all the states have become more tolerant and it will only get better. You and yours will be welcome in Charleston. It’s a beautiful city, and I feel confident you will like, probably love, living there.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Lonnie, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 33, City : Columbia, State : SC, Country : United States, Occupation : audio producer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Blacks and white hair #43979

    Lonnie
    Member

    As a white male, I have often wondered why you would go through what you do to have straight hair. ‘Because we have/want too!’ you say. I say, ‘Give me au na’tural!’ It’s simple elegance. Whether it’s wild and nappy, short and scrim, dreadlocked, braided, or corn-rolled it is (IMHO) awesome!

    User Detail :  

    Name : Lonnie, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 33, City : Columbia, State : SC, Country : United States, Occupation : audio producer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)