Why are black people so loud?

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Marie22252
    Participant
    Hello, I am an international student and this is the first time I have classmates from other continents. The first times I heard my black classmates speak I was so scared because I thought they were fighting or they were conflictive but now I almost got used to hear them and realised that some black people really speak loud. If another people feel stressed or scared when hearing people speak loud, this may be respected. It is not about being critical to race. If speaking too loud really surprises some people it is because they are not used to and we do not have the obligation to feel comfortable if someone 'shouts' when speaking.

User Detail :  

Name : Marie22252, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Nadette
    Participant
    I think the first comment above (about white people being nosy) was unnecessary. Geez, at least the person was honest enough to ask the question in the first place. Still, my opinion: not all black people fit this category. Hence, I don't think it's fair to make the question so general. Maybe speaking loud is in certain black peoples' culture, and they're used to it. Most I know don't speak that way around me (unless they are extremely agitated.) Yet, I know quite a few who do, and that's just how they are. Some say it's their way to feel 'liberated,' in a sense, since blacks have been oppressed and mistreated for so long. Now they can speak. But regardless, everyone's got an issue or two, regardless of their color, and we have to deal with that 'loud' person as they are.

User Detail :  

Name : Nadette, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Seventh Day Pentecostal, Age : 22, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : law student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

David Rogers
    Participant
    My gosh, when they talk it's as if they are screaming over a static phone. I don't know why this happens. I'm Nigerian, and we act very similar to other races (excluding blacks). When I was in high school, I would sit in the cafeteria with my Asian girlfriend and her friends, and you could hear the blacks from across the cafeteria (half the size of a pro football field). I mean, girls are supposed to be seen before being heard. But not in the case of black girls, ooooohhhh nnooooo. They have to scream until they're arrested for noise pollution. But this isn't for all black girls - just those without home training.

User Detail :  

Name : David Rogers, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, I don't consider myself black, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 19, City : Upland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Aidan Courtney
    Participant
    Dear Walker, Its just not Black people but most non Europeans including Asians, Indians, Jews, Pakistanis, Middle easterns, North Africans, Greeks,Italians, Slavs, and Hispanics are loud as well !!! Well unlike the misconception that loud taliking is bad...people who talk loudly are generally more honest, warmer, understanding, funny & confident about themselves. Trust me its more human to talk with your normal vol. decibel level rather than trying to fake emotions, expressions, behaviour, love, sex , smiles, responses & even serious conversations which is very true of the White, especially people of Western European Bagrounds. This kind of artificiality or sythesised 'fast food' courtesy culture has not only made the average westerner ( white individual)more lonely & pathetic but also more unhappy, dissatisfied and miserable despite all the comforts they enjoy.

User Detail :  

Name : Aidan Courtney, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : NYC, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Doctor, MD, PhD, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Nanette
    Participant
    I am so glad a black female answered this question so decently. I think all of us, all races have silly questions that we are embarrassed to ask. I've never understood why black people, particularly women were loud. I always felt it might be a statement they are constantly wanting to make. That they are important and can speak their mind and being loud was an easy way to show it.

User Detail :  

Name : Nanette, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 49, City : oklahoma city, State : OK Country : United States, Occupation : computer technical, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

KONeil32489
    Participant
    A friend of mine told me to watch a nest of baby birds. Lo and behold to my suprise the bird that that peeped the loudest received the juiceist tidbit from mom or dad bird.So those who speak up get the worm,cutist girlfriend,boyfriend,paycheck ect. The squeaky wheel gets the grease

User Detail :  

Name : KONeil32489, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 48, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Heather
    It's not just in Florida. I'm in Tennessee and it's the same here (and everywhere that I've been.) I actually did a search in Google just now for 'Why are black people so loud?' and I found this page. lol. Clearly, I was wondering the same thing. I have no answer for you, sorry. In my opinion, people are usually loud because they were raised around a lot of other kids and people and they had to scream to be heard over all the noise. I'm guessing it's the same with black people, and it just becomes habit. Plus, they often like to play their music quite loud, so they have to be heard over top of that too. I lived in an apartment and had a black female neighbor with two kids and she screamed and yelled practically all the time, and so did the people who visited her. Her friends would pull up outside in their boat car and thump their music for like 45 minutes at a time. I would like to know why people play their music so loud like that? They must not care that it's rude and obnoxious and not everyone likes their music. My ex-husband used to do that too, so it's definitely not just a black thing, but it's certainly an annoying thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Heather, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 31, City : Cleveland, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Self-employed - Internet, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Melanie
    Participant
    Hello, I'm a black nursing student and I was in the library yesterday studying for my mid-term exam.I was in a cubicle and the guy right next to me was thumping the wall, playing loud music, and reading out loud. Some people are just loud and ignorant and some people will always be loud ( and unfortunately ignorant) but please don't stereotype everyone. I'm not loud. As a matter a fact some people think I am strange or creepy because I'm not much of a talker.

User Detail :  

Name : Melanie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Secular Humanist, Age : 25, City : Wilmington, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : nurse assistant, library assistant, student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Ian
    Participant
    Why Are Black People So Loud? There could be many reasons. Most of the time that I have noticed these situations, the crowd seems to be having a good time. Usually this is the case for any group of people regardless of enthicity or race. However, it is not untrue to state the a good majority of black people tend to be very boisterous, even when it isn't needed. And it is simply inconsiderate. A lot of it I think is due to pride. Ignorance knows no color lines. It's everywhere. And when you see an ignorant group of black people, you can't judge a whole race by that. But when you see a group of black people talking loudly, you just have to know that they're being ignorant and are full of themselves. They think that everyone within earshot should be able to hear them, because what they are talking about is far more interesting and important that what anyone else is talking about. It's just fucking rude. THAT is why they are so loud; because they're fucking rude. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

User Detail :  

Name : Ian, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Norfolk, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Navy, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

TaniaA
    Participant
    David what's more blacker than a nigerian? lol. By making ridiculous comments like that dosen't exclude you from being black. your comment makes me think when you look in the mirror you can't stand how dark you are.

User Detail :  

Name : TaniaA, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Disability : Blind, Race : Alaska Native, Religion : African Methodist Episcopalian, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Social class : Lower class, 

TaniaA
    Participant
    Of course not all black people talk loud. I think the one's that talk loud are from the south in which most southern people talk loud and yes it is obnoxious. other black people who talk loud are probably trying to get some attention for themselves.

User Detail :  

Name : TaniaA, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Disability : Blind, Race : Alaska Native, Religion : African Methodist Episcopalian, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.