Why are black people so loud?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

PeteR
    Participant
    In my experience I would say that whenever I encountered someone speaking what I thought was loudly, about 3/4 the time they were black. I have experienced this when I travelled as well as growing up in New York City. But I don't think that ALL black people talk loudly. I am curious about why it is as well.

User Detail :  

Name : PeteR, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Deist, Age : 33, City : Easton, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Telecommunications, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

linda-Mathis
    Participant
    As far as I know all groups are loud. This woman may become louder if you try to shut her up. I't's a ignorant question because I live and teach in a town that's mostly white and the same can be said for all cultural groups. But it's funny because white people do loud things, drive loud cars at night, motor cycles, parties, bars, violence, etc... but when someone else does the same thing everyone is frightened, and then incident attracts immediate media attention, causing the mostly white authorities to find a way to shut down ethnic bars/ clubs, sometimes indefinately. Black people are arrested and fined more often when police are called, etc... I've seen or read about the same things in white communities without the same consequences... but white people don't seem to even notice these inequities, meanwhile... they're being as loud and annoying as everyone else. Example.. every year we've had halloween parties on State Street but lately, some of the mostly white participants have because drunk and disorderly, breaking store windows, some turned over cars, even police cars, caused small fires, smashed and threw liquor bottles. I am positive that had this group been mostly Black, some of them would have be killed, wounded or inprisoned for a long time. None of these students/ visitors were injured or put in jail for more than a year. Thanks Linda Mathis

User Detail :  

Name : linda-Mathis, City : Madsion, State : WI Country : United States, 

Avg edu blk man
    Participant
    My 1st question to you is if you have any black friends? because i think that it is important when it comes to understanding a person or even another race!! And iwould be unjust to rate a hole race from just a few of the people you have been around. Just the same as trying a new food you will hate until you then you might like it!!!!!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Avg edu blk man, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : West Point, State : MS Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Marie
    Participant
    I agree with Ken black people are usually loud as hell and they don't care. It is rude. Not all black but a majority

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Southfield, State : MI Country : United States, 

Mez
    Participant
    I believe it's a little too stereotypical to believe that blacks are all that way. Having said that I do believe that society has a view of what black people should be, whether that be loud, funny, or ghetto (not that any of those are wrong). As long as these views are projected on any race they often try to fit that mold. That is why some black people might be loud where you live. On the flip side have you ever considered yourself or white people as being to quite? More times than not an answer arises when we look at a problem in a different light. These comments in no way rules out the possibility that this man is truly loud but I truly believe this situation is a microcosm of the US or world for that matter.

User Detail :  

Name : Mez, City : Batavia, State : IL Country : United States, 

Trey24890
    Participant
    I think you all need to realize what you just said. The comments were very racist and stereotypical. All black people are not loud, in fact i am a quiet person and i am black, Amazing huh? Furthermore, all white people are not nosy. Some black people are nosy and some whites are nosy. it is not a trait belonging to a specific race. Black people are not loud, some people are loud. White people are not nosy, some people are nosy.

User Detail :  

Name : Trey24890, Race : Black/African American, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, 

David Rogers
    Participant
    Replier No.1 is being stupid. I can hear them too. My gosh when they talk it's as if they screaming over a static phone. i don't know why this happens. I'm Nigerian. And we act very similar to the other races (excluing blacks), when I was in high school I would sit in the cafeteria with my asian girlfriend and her friends and you can hear the black from across the cafeteria (half the size of a pro. football field)I mean, girls are supposed to be seen before hear. But Not in the case of blacks....ooooohhhh nnooooo. They have to scream till their arrested for noise pollution. But this isn't for all black girls, just those without home training.

User Detail :  

Name : David Rogers, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, I don't consider myself black, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 19, City : Upland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Linda22696
    Participant
    black people talk loud and yell mainly just to annoy people of any other race who are in the vicinity. I have walked in hallways and on university campuses all over the United States--black people are walking by talking quietly among themselves. When they get near enough to me, then they start talking loud and shouting to each other. After I pass, then they talk in regular volume and speech again. It is for the pure enjoyment of annoying people around them. Get more than three together and they can't behave like human beings. You might as well hear what lots of people think.

User Detail :  

Name : Linda22696, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, 

Danielle27234
    Participant
    excuse me but thats wrong and racist and you know it I know some loud a** white people. It doesn't have to deal with race it has to deal with vocal cords DUH!! Take it up with a vocal trainer!!

User Detail :  

Name : Danielle27234, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 14, City : St.Louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

L. Hayden
    How many non-blacks have been in a black home? Nothing's universal, but the TV is always on (blacks watch hours more than whites). Usually a radio, stereo or computer game is on, too. Kids are running around and being yelled at to stop running around and making noise. People always call, so someone on the phone is yelling for quiet. Someone is always cooking, so cabinets and drawers are banging and the exhaust fan is on. And this is just my family of four. When the extended family gathers at my parents' home, it's absolutely nuts, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I think it's ethnicity (Greeks, Italians and Mexicans are pretty loud, too) and continual exposure to a robust, extended family where you have to be loud to be heard. I've been in WASP, WASP/Black and WASP/Chinese homes that were quiet and cold as a tomb, no matter how many people were there. No TV, no music, the phone not ringing once in hours, no talking. That always strikes me as eerie.

User Detail :  

Name : L. Hayden, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 40, City : South Bend, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Director of Marketing, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

dan31680
    Participant
    who cares what any loud mouth trash talkers have to say about anything truly you think to highly of yourself or any opion you might have keep your loud stupid ass mouths shut give us all a break for a change instead of a break in

User Detail :  

Name : dan31680, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, City : cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jennifer31073
    Participant
    Yes we are loud, yes whites are nosey, yes Asians are rude, yes Hispanics 'don't know.' So what; how do we all feel now?

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer31073, Gender : F, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 
    If I have something to say and want everyone to hear it, whether they want to or not, I'm going to say it as loud as I want to. If you didn't like what you heard, disregard the comment and keep steppin'. It's not a case of 'all black people are loud,' because they aren't. Some are loud, just like some whites are. But whoever said 'loudness' is a quality of one race?

User Detail :  

Name : 1EducatedBlackQueen, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : half italian half black, Age : 19, City : St.Louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : full time college student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Aj28979
    Participant
    It's funny how many people buy into the stereotype that blacks are loud. I am a black female who attends a predominantly white university, and I lived in the dorm. If anyone, it was the white sorority girls on my floor who were the loudest. Everyone was constantly telling them to quiet down, and they refused. It caused a big problem on my floor. You mentioned only one girl on your floor but say that it is not unique to Florida. Would you have noticed her race if it had been a white or Asian person? In my experience, some people are loud and some are quiet. It's just that we identify it as being characteristic of one race when we see something that agrees with the stereotype we have been taught.

User Detail :  

Name : Aj28979, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Cleveland, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : University student, Social class : Middle class, 

Tami
    Participant
    I have never seen myself as a racist person. I had never lived with so many black people until I came down to college in the south. I honestly believe that black people are so loud because they feel the need to compete with each other. When one person is talking, there is another one who thinks their opinion is better. It may also be because they are so hung up on how discriminated upon they were 100's of years ago that they don't show any respect to anyone white or black!

User Detail :  

Name : Tami, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 19, City : Barnesville, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.