Why are black people so loud?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

LEAH
    Why do black people talk so loud? Here in Florida they are very loud in talking to each other or in any situation. I have heard some drive by my office, and I can hear their conversation from their car. Is it just here, or is this true everywhere?

User Detail :  

Name : LEAH, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 39, City : Bartow, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

MarronBella22147
    Participant
    Maybe we black people are so loud because we don't want you nosey-ass white people to have to strain so hard to get in our conversations. White people are some nosey people, and I feel that it is true that most black people are loud. But, I also seem to think that white people notice it more because they are always looking for something to criticize black people about.

User Detail :  

Name : MarronBella22147, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 24, City : Anniston, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Dominique
    Participant
    That is a perception phrased as a question. You would think someone who is 39 years old knows better then to ask something that a 5 year old might. Perhaps those black people you hear speaking loud arent really speaking loud at all. Maybe your hearing is sensative. This is for all yforum.com people who ask this question: (FOR THE LAST TIME) being loud has nothing to with ethnicity. I often wonder why people in my resident's hall are so damn loud, or why they like to stand next to my window at 2 am and hold a conversation. 95% of the people who live here are euro-american. So does that mean that all euro-americans everywhere are horribly loud? Right now you are thinking 'well of course not!' My case has been proven.

User Detail :  

Name : Dominique, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Scientist, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Noneofyabusiness
    Participant
    That's just what we do. Not all black people are loud just like all white people aren't pale and have flat asses and have hair straight stringy hair and do nothing but drink and party all the time...see where I'm going with this??? they are called STEREOTYPES and you obviously have literally 'fallen into the GAP' but to speak for the millions of 'blacks' that are loud, that's how we get our points across, we weren't able to be heard for so so long, now we have a reason to talk loud and be bold about our sh!t. K?

User Detail :  

Name : Noneofyabusiness, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 19, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : full time college student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Ken26430
    Participant
    It's not an issue unique to Florida; I used to live in a dorm freshman year, and at the end of the hall, we had a black student move in halfway through the year. She was a lot of fun and an amazing person when we hung out during the day, but no matter how many times we asked her to keep it down at night, we could still hear her through two closed doors. I think the school got enough complaints to have her moved to a single room at the end of another hall.

User Detail :  

Name : Ken26430, Gender : M, Race : Asian, Age : 20, City : Rochester, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : college student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

The-Peace-Preacher
    Participant
    The reason you think black people are so loud is because the black people you hear are loud. Not the race. To say that because a few people of a specific culture are a certain way, the whole culture is the same is stereotyping. Take a look within yourself and see that it is the person, not the race. I shouldnt even say race, the race that we all are is human. It is cultures that diversify us. Please understand that just because a person does something it is not the whole culture. Timothy Mcvea or whatever his name is, he blew up a building. Now your view would say all white men blow up buildings. And for the person who responded to this comment, white people arent nosey, the people you know are nosey. It is the people not the culture. If we could understand this then the world would be a racist and stereotypical free world. I hope this answers your questions. and who knows? the person could have a hard time hearing. take that into account. My sisters, we need more peace in a world of hatred and greed. I call you my sisters because you are related to me by the same fact we are all human. So please, white black, red, green. They are all colors. they mean nothing. Yoou two could have something very deeply in common and may never know it over the simple fact that you dislike each others colors. Put aside your differences with people online and off, and see just how much better your life is, take this knowledge with you as you live your life and realize friends are more worth having than enemies. Thank you for your time in reading this. Bless both of you. One Love, Peace Preacher

User Detail :  

Name : The-Peace-Preacher, City : Everywhere, State : NA Country : Anywhere, 

Pam19859
    Participant
    I guess that I am lucky.. white people, black people, asian people, french people.. whatever.. we get to call each other Mark, Pat, Ng and Pierre rather than they or them. I think that some 'black' people that aren't lucky enough to live in an inclusive society where it wouldn't be recognized as something that a 'type' of people did but rather a type of thing that a group of people with similar genetic backgrounds did near where I worked... probably have grown up in an area where they had a difficult time being recognized by society as people rather then types or group and so seek to get recognized any way they can even if it means being loud. If I lived in a society where I could identify groups of people and allocate a racial stereotype like that, I'd move somewhere where people interact with each other based on interest in character rather then recognition of race. Man, I feel lucky. I get to learn about every culture and to enjoy the differences...

User Detail :  

Name : Pam19859, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 33, City : Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Military, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Khristina
    It never ceases to amaze me that people continue to make sweeping generalizations based on their own limited experiences. Granted, it may be true that all of the black people you have seen speak loudly or that you have heard lots of black people speaking loudly-- I am sure you don;t think that only black people speak loudly. If a person was only awake after sunset and all they saw was a dark sky-- can they say that the sky is always dark? Widen your horizons. I am a black woman, and I speak no louder than the average person.

User Detail :  

Name : Khristina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Obviously by the way you asked this question you aren't around many black people that often. To think all black people are loud or act the same way is untrue, but if you talking about the majority of black people... I'd have to say some of us can be loud. It's because of the way people are raised. In my house we were raised differently to not be loud and stuff all in public, but when I get around my friends and stuff I do sometimes tend to be loud. Like at the movies and places like that because it's... fun. Basically most people who are loud all the time are loud because it's the way they were raised and it's embedded in their nature. Alot of people are raised around loudness and alot of yelling from their parents and stuff and this kinda thing is passed down from generation to generation so it's kinda apart of our culture. Asking this question is just like asking why white kids act so bad or talk back to their parents. It's the way they were raised and it's passed down from parent to child.

User Detail :  

Name : Danny L. Williams Jr., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, 

Jan-C20921
    Participant
    i'd ike to know too im a black person. my friends dont do that but ive heard alot of other black people in florida talking extremely loud for no aparent reason...tell me why..i think white teens may do it also.

User Detail :  

Name : Jan-C20921, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Age : 21, City : Ca, State : FL Country : Ireland, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Brenda19417
    Participant
    Your state is not unique to the noise! YES they are loud, everywhere. And also irritating is thier 'eubonics' laungage. Put together they are annoying.Buy some earplugs and dont let them intimidate you.

User Detail :  

Name : Brenda19417, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : Wichita, State : KS Country : United States, Occupation : Writer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Mary
    Participant
    I've asked several of my black friends why this is...all have said that it is simply more acceptable for black folks to be loud - especially around each other. One friend said that there was a theory that blacks had to be so quiet and uptight around whites in slave days, that when in their own setting, and around each other, there was a lot of steam to let loose. I've also noticed that my black friends don't 'shush' you around their babies, and the babies sleep right through it..hence they probably grow up not as sensitive to noise in the home. Plus...you ever been to a black church? I'd take that kind of worship anyday over the kind of white silence that I grew up with!

User Detail :  

Name : Mary, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Caucasian, Religion : Former Catholic/Christian, Age : 35, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

K. Cook
    This may seem like a stereotype, but I think that people of African decent speak loudly because it is normal in our culture to be passionate and expressive while speaking. We come from an oral tradition. Telling stories, singing and other rituals from Africa are how we passed our history from one generation to the next. This is so deeply embedded in our culture that it is part of our speech patterns. We have a lot of passion for everything that we do. I have thought about this a great deal and noticed that when we laugh we laugh harder it seems then non-Africans. And when we dance we dance with all the rhythm and passion that we can muster. I think another factor that contributes to our loudness is that in America we were not allowed to read and write during slavery and this caused us to be more verbal during these times. This is also why we sing and create music so well. Think Jazz, Gospel and Blues music. So when you see blacks talking loud consider that it is our passion and the fact that we are more verbal that causes us to be very expressive. Think about how expressive and loud Dr. Martin Luther King was. I can hear Muddy Waters with his booming voice as I type this and I hope we never lose our ability to be expressive.

User Detail :  

Name : K. Cook, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 41, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Production Manager, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

K. Cook
    This may seem like a stereotype, but I think that people of African decent speak loudly because it is normal in our culture to be passionate and expressive while speaking. We come from an oral tradition. Telling stories, singing and other rituals from Africa are how we passed our history from one generation to the next. This is so deeply embedded in our culture that it is part of our speech patterns. We have a lot of passion for everything that we do. I have thought about this a great deal and noticed that when we laugh we laugh harder it seems then non-Africans. And when we dance we dance with all the rhythm and passion that we can muster. I think another factor that contributes to our loudness is that in America we were not allowed to read and write during slavery and this caused us to be more verbal during these times. This is also why we sing and create music so well. Think Jazz, Gospel and Blues music. So when you see blacks talking loud consider that it is our passion and the fact that we are more verbal that causes us to be very expressive. Think about how expressive and loud Dr. Martin Luther King was. I can hear Muddy Waters with his booming voice as I type this and I hope we never lose our ability to be expressive.

User Detail :  

Name : K. Cook, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 41, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Production Manager, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

WESTLEY
    WE TALK LOUD BECAUSE WE RULE EVERYTHING EVERWEHERE WE GO( WE DON'T WON'T YOU CRACKAS TO THINK THAT WE ARE CONSPIRING AGAINGST YOU'LL BUT WE REALLY ARE.

User Detail :  

Name : WESTLEY, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : TRINIDADIAN, Age : 22, City : PHILLY, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : HOME HEALTH AIDE, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.