What if: your unborn child were gay?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Jill30673
    Participant
    A sin in whose eyes? Yours? Your god's? This question is posed assuming all people have Christian (or similarly affiliated) beliefs and accept the notion of sin in the first place. Tossing aside the argument as to whether or not homosexuality is a choice or not, what would be so wrong with bringing another homosexual into the world? Let's suppose for argument's sake that it is a flaw. Do we go around and abort all Down's Syndrome children? Sickle cell anemics? Bald babies?

User Detail :  

Name : Jill30673, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 18, City : Central, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Glorified Secretary & Peer Mentor, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Jacob N
    Hi, First let me say that Homosexuality is very genetic. The bible says nothing about homosexuality being a choice. I grew up in a baptist home and went to church every sunday for 17yrs and know the bible fairly well, especially on the topic of homosexuality. The only thing it speaks on is the act of homosexual sex, nothing about being a homosexual. While I tend to disagree with that notion, any bible-read christain would agree that homosexuality is the 'thorn in ones side'. According to the bible we all have something that eats at us, that we constantly have to fight. So please, before you make any comments, make sure you have all of your facts together. I being a gay man did not make the choice. When you see a guy you find attractive it isn't because you decided to like him, its because something inside makes you like him. Just like you couldn't like a girl in a sexual manner by choosing. And when you take bio in hs/college you'll learn that genetics have major amounts of influnece on everything from behavior to hair to size to sexual orientaion. Before you make up your mind about the world make sure you are educated in every fashion, not just biblically. While christians all strive to live a godly life, we aren't God, and thus do not know everything, and many christians disagree about many things written in the bible. Just know that homosexuality has a lot to do with genetics. It has everything to do with genetics really. Feel free to e-mail me if you wanna talk more about this.

User Detail :  

Name : Jacob N, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : Biracial, Religion : Baptist, Age : 20, City : Saratoga Springs, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

B.Todd
    Participant
    Noone is born gay PERIOD!!!! Just a s straight man is not born liking big boobs or small boobs....or oral sex over anal sex.....these are preferences, just as I LOVE latin women, I wasn't born loving them, and hell i am not married to one either. So if someone just prefers to be alone, and really could care less ofr a relationship w/ a man or woman are the born hermits? NO it is a choice.......just a as having ANY relationship is a choice, is it not a choice for a gay man to act OVERLY feminine even more so than any woman? If not then why do not all gay men act that way..... PERIOD if being gay was the way they were born, then you are saying that it is a birth defect or disease.....people defend being gay by saying that they were bron that way.....if so is it the same as being born blind, or albino? Is it a medical issue? BE REAL/.............hey i believe everyone can do what they choose and in the end it is in GOD's hands.......but as i said they should do as they are told not what they are BORN to do! And abortion in certain circumstances is fine as in rape but not as a CHOICE because of the way you child is to be born

User Detail :  

Name : B.Todd, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : Myrtle Beach, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : musucian/retail, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Robert29727
    Participant
    This is very interesting. I asked this question to my pregnant sister after watching Twilight of The Golds, a movie with this very subject. Her response was very simple: 'I would love it as any other mother loves a child, it is a part of me. You are the same person I knew before you said were gay, and nothing has changed, I still love you the same.' I agree, Love is unconditional.

User Detail :  

Name : Robert29727, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 38, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sam28545
    Participant
    Dear you, who argueth that because you know of straight people with homosexual parents that homosexuality is not a genetic issue, that it is, rather, an byproduct of 'social programming' etc. You demonstrate a wretched misunderstanding of genetics. It is not enough to simply say, I do not have what my parents have, and therefore what I have must have been acquired POST-genetically, or 'by my own will'. This is not true, you moron. There are many FACETS to the human genome, and this, presumably, is why we have SCIENTISTS at work uncovering it's mysteries. I can assure you from my own experience as a homosexual that it is decidedly not a choice, and that anyone deluded enough to think that one can can BY SHEER WILLPOWER alter, completely, the nature of their own thoughts is a gutless ignoramus. The mind is far to complex (ah, SEE, my friend, perhaps the issue is moreso the right-wing abhorrence of complexity of any kind) to allow one of it's sub-aspects , the EGO, to revamp entire machine according to it's tastes. And by the way, to all of you hopeless whipmonkeys out there, what the fuck is immoral about homosexual sex? Let's think about it: in order to for something to be immoral, it must be in opposition to some prestanding moral. Therefore, your prestanding moral must be 'homosexual sex is not good'. Why is this your moral? Because it's in the bible? I am sorry, but that is not good enough. The bible is a vastly interpreted AGED text, which may or may not have been miraculous in origin, and let us not forget that it has been through multiple translations and that it also advocates, among other things, the STONING TO DEATH of adulterous women. By that token, it seems that stoning such a woman to death would be considered, by die hard two dimensional biblical interpreters, to be a moral act. So how does one justify a firm belief in the moral 'homosexual sex is not good?' Because you find it repulsive? There are sand crabs in the south pacific that copulate facially. There are African cultures that once a year drink blood directly from the throat of a live cow. They show videos of it on the discovery channel. These things are foreign to me, they are new, and therefore I find them repulsive. My own lack of understanding or experience in such acts does not make those acts IMMORAL.

User Detail :  

Name : Sam28545, City : Simson, State : OR Country : United States, 

Jess30771
    Participant
    I feel that homosexuality is nothign to be ashamed of, and that it is not a sin. It is genetic. If God creates everyone, he would certainly be the creator of the genetic code, thus creating someone gay. God doesn't punish people for living a natural life. Abortion is not wrong, but it should not be used for convenience. I feel that this use would be for convenience, and not an actual just reason for having an abortion (rape, Down syndrome, etc.)

User Detail :  

Name : Jess30771, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 14, City : Lubbock, State : TX Country : United States, Social class : Upper class, 

Marcus
    Participant
    There is recent research suggesting that it is a genetic trait. It isn't conclusive, but it definitely points to something. The Bible is not an authoritative source on genetics, I'm afraid. Besides, what verses claim this?

User Detail :  

Name : Marcus, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Montreal, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jami
    The Bible is not a genetics textbook, for one. And second, how many gay people have you met that told you, 'I felt like making my life harder to live, so I chose to be gay.' One common reason for teen suicide is the teen not being able to live with the criticism and harrassment from their peers about their sexual orientation. Don't you think that if they would change to 'fit in' they would?

User Detail :  

Name : Jami, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Pullman, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jennifer23221
    Participant
    I would have an abortion if the test was proven more than 99% correct. As a Christain I would hate to decide this but I figure it would be better for the child that way he or she could go straight to heaven instead of never getting there because they sinned by having gay sex and not beliving in Jesus. But I think that being gay is a choice so I highly doubt such a test could be made.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer23221, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

tore32428
    Participant
    Genetics do play a role, and the evidence (besides from the research being done) is inside yourself: What 'caused' your heterosexuality? What causes you to feel attraction towards handsome men? Something deep in the design of a heterosexual woman's brain enables it to recognize and feel an attraction to certain things that are 'male'. Even if you had never seen a man before, your heart would recognize him when you met one. These emotions are on an instinctive level and not learned or a matter of personal choice. Otherwise you would be able to change your emotions and fall in love anything you choose -furniture, flowers or yourself- simply by willing. Actions, on the other hand, are 'choice'. I do not choose who I love, but I choose how to act, in this case I choose to be in a relationship with a sweet guy because I feel in my heart that it's right.

User Detail :  

Name : tore32428, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : næstved, State : NA Country : Denmark, Occupation : unemployed -handicapped, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Rob21472
    Participant
    Homosexuality being a choice is a myth perpetuated by conservatives and religious groups so that they can continue to promote intolerance and discrimination against gays and lesbians. Although it is not fully certain if the cause is genetic or the result of early childhood environment or a combination of both, once sexual orientation has been established it cannot be undone. Why else would so many gay teens commit suicide because they are depressed that they are gay? If it was a choice they would simply change it. It amazes me how so many non-gays presume to know the inner workings of the homosexual mind.

User Detail :  

Name : Rob21472, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 34, City : London, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Tom
    Participant
    What an incredibly ignorant and spiteful state of mind you have. May God forgive you for your lack of love and compassion for others. Who in their right mind would choose a life where they are hated by most other people? A life where their parents disown them? A life full of beatings and broken bones? That's what I had growing up. Believe me being gay was not a choice. It was the way I was born.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Disability : Blind, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 52, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : IT Project Mgr., Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Brendan M.
    Participant
    I am gay. I know for sure that I do not choose to be gay. I am innately gay for reasons that no one (scientists included) fully understands. I do not know whether homosexuality is genetic or whether something happens inside the mother's womb before birth. I can only say with complete certainty that sexual orientation is innate. No offense to your religion, but the Bible is an outdated text written in archaic, unclear language by a number of different people. People are fallible. The Bible also gets mis-interpreted quite often. The Bible is not an absolute authority on anything, and it certainly isn't explicit when it comes to the topic of homosexuality. By the way, if you think that you "choose" to be straight, I would like to hear your story. When did you "choose" to be straight? Could you change if you wanted to? I certainly couldn't.

User Detail :  

Name : Brendan M., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Paul Sanz
    Participant
    Oh Boy, Here we Go! I can be genetically specific as to be one demographic or another as to culture, also when it comes to eye color and gender, and science can even find an illness before the birth of a child. there are things called chromosomes which inform to many distinct informatory preconditions. when a baby is born you can't tell it has A.D.D. You can't tell if that child is left or right handed. But, as we treat children and think we're informing them correctly by telling them to write with there right hand instead of there left. we also have these preconceived notions of what a person is supposed to be. There are many variations as to what we think a good person is. yet our opinions are only made up from the opinions and thoughts of those we surround ourselves with. So If You tell You feminine boy that he's a Fag because he likes flowers, then thats what he will think of himself. or maybe you'll be the type of parent who will tell your child that everything he is doing is wrong. then you'll succeed in creating a very ill adapted child who will keep the therapists in very good company.

User Detail :  

Name : Paul Sanz, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Religion : Christian, Age : 40, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

jennifer-short
    Participant
    I would not abort my child because he/she is going to be gay? Although, i do not agree with homosexuality, i would not abort my child. i would worry more about all the internal and external working parts. I just would want a health child.

User Detail :  

Name : jennifer-short, City : Anguilla, State : MS Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.