What do white people do

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Rick
    That depends, do you mean white ghetto? White trailor trash?White christian? White redneck? White country? White business man? Hmm.. I think your refurring to the well educated middle to upper class, not actually 'white'. That class can be identified by a few things. Correct, and proper english being the most important. Then the dress. Take the straw out of the mouth, out with the gold teeth that say 'money' across the grill. Huge gold chains have to go. That is only screaming 'I have money.' Which really means 'This is all the money I have.' Wear clothes that fit. Dont tilt the hat, like its fallin' off. Dont walk like your leg is 3 inches shorter than your(not refurring to you personally) other one. and on.. and on..

User Detail :  

Name : Rick, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 26, City : Greenwood, State : IN Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

William24298
    Participant
    You don't. Being white isn't taught. It's just being.

User Detail :  

Name : William24298, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, 

Diana
    Participant
    you can not teach someone to be white, black, or yellow or any other color of the damn rainbow.. there is no way you can 'teach someone that' there are ways to teach people common curtousy (not saying African Americans or any other race doesnt have that) or you can teach them respect, honesty, and to be who they feel they truly are. now you can teach someone about the American history, sure! but no way no how will you or anyone in this world teach someone to be 'WHITE' thats ridiculous..!!

User Detail :  

Name : Diana, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : white/native indian, Age : 19, City : Ocala, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

alex29033
    Participant
    we are already immersed in white culture, and dont know it. American, or the western world IS white supremacy. so how do you act?

User Detail :  

Name : alex29033, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, 

Carl
    Participant
    I'm not really sure. I'd actually love to enjoy some white culture, but nearly all white people won't refer to anything being 'a white thing', because they are afraid of anyone interpreting this to mean 'for whites only'. White anscestry also comes from so many different countries and is diverse enough that it's hard to find anything that all white people can relate to. And honestly, I think white people are economically the most succeptible to consumer culture, which has a tendancy to override any deeper cultural intrests.(Turn off your TV)

User Detail :  

Name : Carl, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sharnette
    Participant
    That's an easy question! All you have to do is act like you are perfect at everything you do, no matter the situation. Tell everyone what they want to hear. Do what they want you to do and basically deceive everyone in the outside world as to what is really going on in your 'world'.

User Detail :  

Name : Sharnette, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : C-Town, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Customer Service, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Sam28544
    Participant
    LOL, I guess that is the one question nobody knows. I don't even know!

User Detail :  

Name : Sam28544, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

~denise A.
    Participant
    I begin by teaching that there are many ethnic backgrounds and being blonde haired and blue eyed could only mean several of those many heritages are “a part of” who we are (Caucasian white) We are a big category all lumped in together. I wouldn’t begin to try to teach my child how to be white, or black or purple. I would devote time to teaching how all people are the same (compassion) and how we all have feelings and emotions (empathy) and I would spend the time teaching my child about the many ethnic backgrounds that we all come from. I find studying and learning about cultural differences interesting and so does my child. We also spend time learning about people who are disabled and/or different as the occasion arises. We learn that some people are just better than others based on what is in their heart and spirit and not what is on the outside… not skin color or if they look different / same. We spend the time we have to teach to learn to look for “qualities” in a person that are valuable and good and to choose friends based on those qualities. Just today we finalized our adoption of a little white girl and I’ve no intentions of spending time teaching her how to be “white” but will spend our time focused on how to be a good human being and an asset to the world around her.

User Detail :  

Name : ~denise A., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 41, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

denise-o
    Participant
    White people don't have customs, culture or traditions. Everything they have is copied or stolen from other races.

User Detail :  

Name : denise-o, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : manassas, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : nurse, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Desiree
    Participant
    ok stop, and think about this question. first of all, the 'so called white race' is NOT a culture, it is a label to be put on those who cannot be classified under the socially acceptable racial terms. I personally could be called white...my skin is light, i have the indian bone structure of my father, but light eyes, skin and hair of my mother. So many kinds of people are thrown into the salad bowl that is 'white'... what would you like to be taught... my grandmother tought me to crotchetand make tamales. my mom taught me to climb trees and be a tomboy. White, is not a culture..never will be.

User Detail :  

Name : Desiree, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : latina/caucasion mix, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 20, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ashley B.
    Participant
    You can only teach someone to be themselves and who they really are. you can ask someone when they around your family to not do certain things but you cannot teach someone to be a race of any kind. that was a ridiculous question.

User Detail :  

Name : Ashley B., City : Kenosha, State : WI Country : United States, 

Jessica30846
    Participant
    I don't thing the question should be 'how to teach a person to be white,' I think it should be 'how to teach a person to be themself.' Trying to teach a person to fit in a specific culture is somewhat unfair to them. They should be allowed to find themselves and then be themselves. It's not all about fitting in the white, black, hispanic, etc. society, it's about being yourself. Once someone has figured out who they are, they will eventually fit in with those who have the same values, morals, traditions, etc.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica30846, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Westfield, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : full time student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 

Rene30140
    Participant
    No offence, but that has got to be the most stupid question I've ever heard. Nobody's just white. There's always a backround. As an African American has African culture, a white person always has some type of culture. There's just a wider span of cultures for whites. There's German, Italian, Irish, and the list can go on and on. Also, there's no such thing as how to be white. Just like there's no such thing as how to be black. Everybody's different. It's culture, your backround and ancestors.

User Detail :  

Name : Rene30140, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 16, City : Sarasota, State : FL Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Luann22612
    Participant
    There's no such thing as teaching a person to be white. People are people and 'trying to be white' is a simply a stupid cliche' in my opinion.

User Detail :  

Name : Luann22612, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 45, City : Jasper, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : CPA, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Briana
    Being white and being black are not all that different from each other. Really I don't think that is a white culture. If you look at celebritys..... they are all in the same socionomic class, and therefore they lead similar life styles. Being black and white really has no part in any of it

User Detail :  

Name : Briana, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Mennonite, Age : 14, City : Newton, State : KS Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.