Virgin in need of advice!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Kate
    If you are comfortable and relaxed, it won't 'hurt like hell' and you should provide enough lubricant all by yourself. Trying different positions is half the fun of it! If you are scared or uncomfortable, you will probably be dry and it may hurt a little. On the contrary to what a lot of people say, there is not immense bleeding and it's not really that messy (you won't need 7 towels and a pad, you just need to be discreet about cleaning up afterwards) As long as you are happy with it, relaxed and comfortable, you will be just fine. But don't do it just because he wants you to. Do it because you feel it's right.

User Detail :  

Name : Kate, Gender : F, Age : 39, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, 

Jill23468
    Participant
    I didn't bleed, but I did find it painful, so yes, use lubrication and go slowly! I was aching like mad the day after but it was kind of pleasant, not in a sexual way but reminding me that I had made love. Forgive me for being frank but if he uses his fingers to help widen you a little that would help too. Finally, it may hurt the first time but it soon becomes easy. And make sure he doesn't stint on the foreplay!

User Detail :  

Name : Jill23468, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 30, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kristy
    Participant
    My experience was that it wasnt as painful as I had expected. Nerves make it worse than it needs to be. I did use lubricant and it really did help. Also, I didnt need a towel as I made it to the bathroom within 5 minutes of 'finishing' and the bleeding didnt start until 10 minutes later. You will need a pad for about 2 days. Best tip: relax!! It is worth it!

User Detail :  

Name : Kristy, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, 

JO32145
    Participant
    Some women experience very little to no pain on their first time. If your hymen is completely intact and relatively solid, you're more likely to experience pain than if you have a partial or more delicate hymen. Lubrication, by the way, is ALWAYS a good thing.

User Detail :  

Name : JO32145, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Other Pacific Islander, Religion : Atheist, Age : 32, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Technology, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Beky
    Participant
    How much you bleed and how much it hurts depends a lot on your personal anatomy. The previous responder is NOT the norm - you do not normally bleed that much. If you are active in sports, ride horses regularly or use tampons you are less likely to have problems. I personally bled maybe 5 or 6 drops of blood and the pain lasted about as long as a sneeze. Most of my friends had pretty much the same experience. Lubricate as much as necessary, use a condom (you are MORE likely to catch an STD or any other infection the first time because of the open wound) use a towel if he's fussy about his sheets and RELAX. If you get hung up on the pain to come instead of the act in progress it will hurt because your body will not be prepared. Stick with the missionary the first time, after that is you are sore but still want to 'go again';) try the spoon, both on your sides with him behind you, this will keep him from penetrating as far and lessen any pain. Good Luck!

User Detail :  

Name : Beky, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 33, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Nurse, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Carol
    Participant
    My advice would be: the first time, have your boyfriend not penetrate fully, wearing a lubricated comdom - nothing too deep, and quit if it hurts too bad or bleeds. This is what I did and it is much more pleasant and loving than ramming it in with no consideration for the woman. By the way I realize by the time this post is read, it will be much too late! But maybe it will be of use to future virgins.

User Detail :  

Name : Carol, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Berkshire, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Social class : Middle class, 

NA
    Participant
    I say don't worry about any of it. Yes it might hurt, and it might make a mess. But if you get yourself worked-up worrying about it, making such a clinical procedure out of it, you might as well not bother. You'll be too stressed out to appreciate any of it. Granted, I'm a bloke, but realize that this puts me in a position (so to speak) to actually have more experience with women and their 'first time' than if I was a woman. In my experience, the pain and mess are not guaranteed, so don't talk yourself out of a beautiful experience.

User Detail :  

Name : NA, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : international, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Scientist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jan
    Good heavens! The other response made it sound horrible! Every one is different. The pain comes from the breaking of your hymen, assuming that bike riding,wearing tampons, or someother activity hasn't already broken it. It also comes from your vagina stretching to accomdate the penis. The BEST thing for you to do is make sure that there is LOTS of foreplay. The more turned on you are, the more nature takes over. Your body will make it's own lubrication. As far a cleanliness, yes you'll want to lay a towel down to catch alll the fluids that will be lost due to gravity. Good luck!

User Detail :  

Name : Jan, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 42, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Gail
    How much it hurts depends on a lot of factors. If you have been engaging in other forms of sexual activity, such as masterbation and fingering, it may hurt less. Also, if you use tampons, you're a bit more 'stretched'. One thing is for sure, it hardly hurts at all if you are truly aroused. So wait until you really want to do it. If you're worried about pain at that moment, then you're not ready to have sex. For me, in the heat of passion, it wasn't painful. I did bleed though.

User Detail :  

Name : Gail, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 32, City : New Rochelle, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Marie
    Participant
    You've made it all sound so horrible, like she's going in for surgery instead of having sex for the first time!!! Some women don't bleed as profusely as you've led this poor girl to believe! And it just may not 'hurt like hell'! Gosh! If her man is understanding and gentle, it will be a very beautiful experience for them both. The first 'sting' of lost virginity could be wonderfully exquisite for some!

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 47, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Mercy30507
    Participant
    it dosent hurt that bad, unless your with e brute or something, just take it slow, stop if it hurts ad you'll do fine

User Detail :  

Name : Mercy30507, City : sebastepool, State : CA Country : United States, 

Laura G
    Participant
    Also, don't forget there are steps between kissing and sex. As an intermediary step, consider letting him finger you. It gets you used to him being in there, so you won't tense up; it works the muscles, so the pain will be less (lots of the pain is not from the hymen but from the muscles you don't use being atrophied); and it will teach him the way your body responds to foreplay so he can be sure you're ready. All this will greatly lessen the pain -- it did for me!

User Detail :  

Name : Laura G, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 22, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Melissa
    Participant
    Despite the above response, you will not bleed very much. Generally, it is only a few drops if any. I didn't bleed at all. Ever. My best friend bled enough to make a small spot on the sheet. Every woman is different. As for using lube, use only a little so that he can easily get it but not so much that neither of you get that pleasurable friction. The best position for that first time is missionary, in my opinion but again, every woman is different. Do what feels right to you, not what others have told you is right. Take your time and have fun. This is something you will always remember.

User Detail :  

Name : Melissa, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Tifton, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : nurse, 

Cilla
    Participant
    When you're ready, you'll be naturally lubricated. If you need artificial lubricant, why are you having sex when you're not even turned on? If you stain his sheets, so what? He made you!

User Detail :  

Name : Cilla, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, City : Ukiah, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Colleen19756
    Participant
    My first time was not at all painful, nor did I bleed. Whether it will be painful has to do with your body. Also, if you've used a tampon, or are very physically active, your hymen may have already torn, which could reduce pain.

User Detail :  

Name : Colleen19756, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 24, City : Baton Rouge, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : educator, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.