Rude black women

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Trina
    I have talked to my male black friends, and we seem to agree that most black women are rude. I have met many women of all different races, but it just seems that black women have more attitude than any other race. Obviously not all black women are the same, but is it safe to say that a lot are rude? If so, why? My male friends also comment that black women expect more. They just come out and ask, 'What are you gonna buy me?' Why is that?

User Detail :  

Name : Trina, Gender : Female, Age : 22, City : Dayon, State : OH Country : United States, 

Kristina26295
    Participant
    I think you are being more noticeable of black women with attitudes because of your own prejudices towards them (whether recognized or not). Yes, there are some 'loud' black women, but there are 'loud' women in other races too. The only difference is that when someone is black society automatically zeroes in on them more. It is all about perception. As far as your black male friends, they may have some issues with black women in general. I do agree that black women are very strong, and won't be as 'submissive' as other groups, and some men are intimidated by this. And there are some black men who want to use the 'bad attitude black woman' as an excuse on why they want to seek romance/ companionship with other races of women. They have a perception problem as well as you.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina26295, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 22, City : DC, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jay31114
    Participant
    I have long asked myself this question. Even though one can intellectually acknowledge that there are rude people of all races, one can not help but notice the prevalence of belligerent black women. I thought black women were just unfriendly to me because I'm a white chick, but if black and hispanic men report the same hostility, then maybe race/gender is not the issue. Although I have had wonderful friendships with a couple of black women in my life, for the most part - and I say this with great sadness - I now avoid interactions with black women whenever possible. Though, I might add, (black) women immigrants from Guyana, Africa, Dominican Republic etc are the complete opposite; extremely friendly, and open.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31114, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 
    HOW many Black women have you met, to make that ridiculous statement? I am sick of hearing from people who sterotype Black people, esp. Black women. Instead of listening to your male friends, why not get out and actually meet some Black women and judge for yourself? As for me, I am a no nonsense Black woman with a child, a career, and a household to run. I don't like games, and I make that clear to Black men I meet. The ones who want to play games perceive me as rude and mean and scurry away. The decent men see that I am a genuinely nice woman. Just ask the man that I am currently dating. Trust me when I tell you that brothas make that complaint when they try, and fail, to get 'the panties' from decent Black women. And that 'what are you gonna buy me' statement is a lie. Many Black women here in New York own their own homes and cars, so why do we need to ask Black men for anything?

User Detail :  

Name : Rhonda-P-Outlaw32472, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : Laurelton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Sara28365
    Participant
    It might just be that the individuals you have met are very rude, as are the ones your friends have dated. However, there are some young black women who are much more 'up-front' than their parents, and who come across as having 'attitude'. I think it is because historically and culturally, black women were expected to be subservient to just about everyone else. With liberation from racist and sexist ideas came an over-compensation by being mouthy, and having 'attitude'. That may not be the reason, but it makes sense to me.

User Detail :  

Name : Sara28365, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : mixed race, Religion : Methodist, Age : 30, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dominique
    Participant
    There are times when black females feel the burden of the world on their shoulders. And sometimes they are correct. Many times Black women are single parents, carrying the whole family on their backs, while being the only bread-winner, as well as having to deal with racism and sexism. All people can be rude, reguardless of ethnicity, but Black women have historically had to deal with much more in our country than any other ethnicity of women. It is apparent that many women of different ethnicities are strong individuals, but many times people see strength as a bad trait for a women, therefore those who are strong are labled as ones with attitudes. As for your black male friends, I would watch out for them. Any man who is quick to insult a group of women because of his own personal experience is dangerous because you could be next.

User Detail :  

Name : Dominique, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Scientist, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Nicole
    Participant
    Black women will always be seen as the sassy, back talking, head rolling girlfriends; can't you hear,'That's right girlfriend'echoing. Television, entertainers, movies, teach people to be 'blacker'. Trina, you note that all black can't be rude, rightly so. Not only do we black women get a bad rap, we have to endure the constant criticism from black men with their non-black friends. We are too this or that. I for one try to be friendly, compassionate, and involved in current issues. I volunteer with children and at times organize other outreach programs. I have a full life. I don't see the need to generalize every black man I encounter as a thug, ghetto, or broke. Anyone can fit into these categories. However, I am faced with a grim reminder that many may consider me rude because I am a black woman. Really, can race indicate rudeness? I work in the telecommunication & customer service field, and I can rightly say rudeness knows no color.

User Detail :  

Name : Nicole, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 23, City : Birmingham, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Tech, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Asia
    Participant
    Hi, I am a black female responding to your question. I am a very cheerful person, but I understand why you would think we are rude. I think that black women are layered people. There is alot of pain from years of oppression of our people, disappointment in our men (quickly leaving us for other races of women), and having to compete with the beauty standards of 'lighter is better.' Once you get past the hard layers you will find that we are warm and generous inside. We have walls to hide our vulnerability, it has protected us and kept us strong through the years.

User Detail :  

Name : Asia, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Middle class, 

emily25363
    Participant
    I am white, but I have many black friend-girls. I dont really see a difference between their attitudes and others. Some people just expect more out of relationships.

User Detail :  

Name : emily25363, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : drew, State : MS Country : United States, Occupation : nursing student, 

X
    Participant
    Also, consider the fact that you have asked mostly black male.These are the ones who useally have a problem with black womens strong attitues. Thank God you relize not all black women act they way that they are described. Maybe these men have come across black women that are this way.

User Detail :  

Name : X, City : X, State : CT Country : United States, 

K26942
    Participant
    I do not believe that it is safe to say that a lot of black women are rude. I do believe that is may be safe to say that many of the women you have encountered have been rude. Some women, regardless of race, want to know what someone else can do for them or buy for them. Some people just want a free ride. Bottom line.

User Detail :  

Name : K26942, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 
    I'm an African American women and I'm a very nice person, so not all black women are rude, but you're right, a lot of them are rude. My answer to that is they are expected to be. Practically from birth, we are taught to not smile, give attitude, and demand certain things from our men. I'll say it again, not all black women are like this but quite a few are. I smile and laugh alot and I'm a people person, but from some black women I get strange looks because of the way I am. So I tend to stay away from those women and become friends with women (black and otherwise) who are like me. The women giving you attitude might be jealous because you have alot of black men as friends and they might think your trying to take them away. Please don't write off all black women though, they're alot of good ones out there like my friends and I (and tell your men friends to do the same). Oh and on the subject of men, women like my friends and I don't demand anything from our man that we aren't willing to give ourselves!

User Detail :  

Name : Daisha Nelson, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : san bernardino, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : direct care for developmentallychallenged adults, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Amber31533
    Participant
    Interesting that you note that most black women are rude...I have actually heard the same said about white women and hispanic women. Are you being rude to them? Most Black women that I meet are nice. Black women expect more?? Hmmmmm, I don't think so. Actually, my white guy friends say it is white women that seem to 'go for the gold' and skip out when the bank account is low.Most black women I know will stick w/ their man whether he be poor or rich. Wouldn't you agree that there are more black women with poor black men than there are w/ rich? Who do you usually see with rich black men? White women or black? Think about it.

User Detail :  

Name : Amber31533, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ebony
    Participant
    As a Black woman I can say that I have also meet some Black women who I would class as rude. But you have this in all races, in all parts of the world. I would not say that most are. In fact most are normal people. The reason your Black male friends say this is maybe they are meeting these type more often depending on the setting such as in inner city(ghettos). If this is true then anybody would be more hard on the outside in order to get what they want/need out of somebody. You see this with poor Whites also. It really depends on where your friends meet these women.

User Detail :  

Name : Ebony, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 23, City : Utrecht, State : NA Country : The Netherlands, Occupation : Student, Social class : Middle class, 

Redeemed-One30098
    Participant
    How many times have I read this. Once again, rude comes in all colors. I'm sure you know a lot of rude white women. These women are just classless and race has nothing to do with it.

User Detail :  

Name : Redeemed-One30098, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 55, City : Newport News, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.