Dating an amputee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Samantha29432
    Participant
    I want to know the straight-up truth from guys and girls: I am an amputee and am on crutches all the time. Would that really keep someone from dating me or asking me out?

User Detail :  

Name : Samantha29432, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : amputee, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 21, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Doug25654
    Participant
    Your amputation might prevent some people from asking you out, might attract some and might make no difference to others. Some people are all about appearances and could be hesitant to ask someone who doesn't fit their ideal of perfection (which they don't realize doesn't really exist in the first place).

Some people are VERY attracted to amputees to the point of fetishism, but you may find yourself turned off by these folks as they tend to objectify their desires, seeing the individual as a sexual object rather than a person. Still others see the person, not the missing limbs. These folks are the ones I would encourage relationships with, as they want to know the person inside, not the exterior shell. So if you break people down by categories, you've got people asking you out in two out of three. Sounds like pretty good odds.

User Detail :  

Name : Doug25654, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 39, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Administrator, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tracy24870
    Participant
    I believe there are many people who would have no problem dating someone disabled. I see it happening all around me. People are especially interested in someone who has a positive attitude despite their perceived difficulties in life.

User Detail :  

Name : Tracy24870, City : Edmond, State : OK Country : United States, 

Kent26469
    Participant
    If I were under 30 and met you, I would be wanting to date you. Women missing a leg are as attractive to me as women with large, inviting breasts are to most guys. But I'd still want to get to know who you are, and whether our lives could mesh together.

User Detail :  

Name : Kent26469, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 58, City : Brisbane, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Retired, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Arnold Urbonas
    Participant
    In my opinion, an amputee (or any challenged person) has the advantage of sorting out the riff-raff before getting to square one. There are guys out there looking for a good-looking, perfect specimen, regardless of personality. Other guys are looking for a woman of character. Often, women of physical beauty and perfection lack good character qualities. If you radiate self-confidence and are friendly, a guy of character will give you full consideration. Any woman would be wise to downplay her physical attributes and find someone who likes her for what she is inside.

User Detail :  

Name : Arnold Urbonas, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 50, City : Edmonton, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Paul
    Participant
    Send me a full-length picture and I'll let you know.

User Detail :  

Name : Paul, Gender : M, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Goran
    No, Samantha. Three years ago I had a relationship with an arm amputee (above the elbow) from Australia. Anna was a clever, handsome, sensitive and charming girl, so I really didn't think about her empty sleeve and her stump. I have never met such an interesting (and sexy) female person. Since that time, my opinion about life has changed: human beings must have bad life experiences in order to respect other people, life and happiness.

User Detail :  

Name : Goran, Gender : M, Age : 29, City : Jevtic, State : NA Country : Yugoslavia, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

william-e-smith
    Participant
    I would cause me to want to ask you out more than anything in the world, I love female amputee crutch users!

User Detail :  

Name : william-e-smith, City : white oak, State : TX Country : United States, 

Brian K.
    Participant
    Certainly not! People should like you for you, not your disability. What kind of amputation do you have? Can you still be active?

User Detail :  

Name : Brian K., Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Gerardo
    OF Cours YES!!! If you want, you can contact me, maybe it results interesant.

User Detail :  

Name : Gerardo, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : Santiago, State : NA Country : Chile, Occupation : Economist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

luca
    Participant
    hallo i'm luca from milan in italy i'm 26 and i'm walking with crutches but i'm not an amputee i'm happy to know you! i attend your response many kissess luca

User Detail :  

Name : luca, Gender : M, Disability : Paralyzed, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : milano, State : NA Country : Italy, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Josh
    Participant
    I wouldn't mind dating you.

User Detail :  

Name : Josh, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : Hodgenville, State : KY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mark
    Participant
    No it wouldn't stop me. Personaility is more important. I wouldn't discriminate against someone with only one leg.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark, Gender : M, City : Vancouver, State : AR Country : Canada, 

Philippe
    Since childhood, I've been attracted to women like you. My ex was an amputee on crutches, too. I know I will make my life with an amputee partner. There are a few guys in the world who prefer amputee women like you, like others prefer tall, short, thin, chunky, white, black, etec. partners. This is not a joke but a natural reality. So don't worry. There will always be someone who finds you more beautiful to his eyes.

User Detail :  

Name : Philippe, Gender : M, Age : 40, City : Paris, State : NA Country : France, 

James
    I think you should know that some men will still find you cute and would still be interested in dating you. I have dated an amputee so I talk from experience.

User Detail :  

Name : James, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, City : Jersey City, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.