Dating an amputee

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Rob
    To answer your question, no it wouldn't.

User Detail :  

Name : Rob, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 25, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Banker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

dano
    Participant
    hi sam.. have no worry..if you haven't found out already there are many men...gentlemen too..that will find you just as attactive the way you are.. some may have some hesitation about approaching you on crutches.. be patient .. you will find someone who appreciates what you have..if you haven't found them already...DANO

User Detail :  

Name : dano, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 36, City : miami, State : FL Country : United States, 

Pete
    Participant
    hey samantha it's partly about the physical but a lot of it is about the person inside. if you are confident in who you are and a nice person to thso earound you, of course people will date you. some guys may find the fact that you are overcoming this challenge particularly attractive. besides it's not what's gone that counts, it's what you got -

User Detail :  

Name : Pete, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : noen, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : not much of anything but spiritual, Age : 34, City : NY, State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : hack, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Michelle20569
    Participant
    Samantha!! If you are still checking this website, I would love to talk to you! I am casting a FEATURE FILM, the lead role is a female amputee, 20-24 years old!! Please e-mail me now if you get this! michelle@currentlycasting.net THANKS!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Michelle20569, Gender : F, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

Peter
    A lot of people can't get past the visual. That's an unfortunate fact, but it's their loss, not yours. i mean what are you going to talk about after 45 minutes? But most people ask out people with whom they think they'd enjoy spending their time. how they figure that out is the trick - sometimes it's a look in the eye, sometimes the result of getting to know you in another setting - say econ class. It wouldn't stop me from asking you out, but it's not why I would ask you out, either. So, yeah, it'll keep some people from asking you out, but then they probably aren't the kind of people you'd really want to spend quality time with. and God knows life is short enough without wasting our quality time on the wrong people.

User Detail :  

Name : Peter, Gender : M, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Rick
    I have been a bilateral below the knee amputee for 38 years. I have been married for 23 years and have 2 kids. When I was dating in high school, I never had a problem getting a date. Sure, there were some who were uncomfortable with the idea of dating an amputee, but there were twice as many who didn't even think twice about it.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Southern Baptist, Age : 44, City : DeKalb, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Paul
    Participant
    When is the next flight to Seattle?

User Detail :  

Name : Paul, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : Miami Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Brandi
    At present I am dating someone with spina bifida and I can tell you that, even though his body is different, it doesn't make me any less attracted to him, and didn't from the beginning - plenty of people are out there who will see you for who you are - see the things you have in common and the things you can learn from your differences. There are those who actually prefer to date people who are amputees, and there are those who will barely even notice that because they're so head over heels enamored with you. Just be yourself and I think plenty of guys would be honored to be with you.

User Detail :  

Name : Brandi, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 28, City : Tallahassee, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Social Worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Bob-C
    Participant
    If it keeps someone from dating you he's not worth it. Plain and simple. Do not, however, turn your nose up at a man who actually prefers you as you are. They are not all bad. There is a cover for every pot. Even one who is missing a handle. I'd ask you but, (1.) your probably already dating and having a good time, and (2.) I'm 53 so that kinda leaves me out of the picture.Bob

User Detail :  

Name : Bob-C, Gender : M, City : White Bear Lake, State : MN Country : United States, 

Chris
    I would certainly be curious about the stump. It's not something normally seen in public. The thought doesn't gross me out personally, but it certainly is unusual. After I got over it, I think I would be OK with it.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : B, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Computer geek, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nick C.
    Participant
    If you have an open friendly personality and aren't blessed/cursed with three or more tentacles sprouting from either of your two heads, then any normal intelligent guy would certainly want to date you. It would only be the shallow self involved ones who wouldn't want to be seen with you, but then of course you wouldn't want to be seen with them.....

User Detail :  

Name : Nick C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 40 'ish, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Electronics Engineer, Social class : Middle class, 

Elena
    Participant
    I am a girl 19 year-old ... my left leg was amputated 6 years ago. my prosthesis is bad. So I am on crutches all the time too. I want mailing with you. Lena

User Detail :  

Name : Elena, Gender : F, City : Lviv, State : NA Country : Ukraine, 

Douglas D.
    Participant
    I would find you very attractive and would ask you out in a heartbeat, if I were not attached! There are people out in the world who are attracted to amputees and disabled women just like some men are attracted to blondes or a woman who has a large chest. To many it's just a preference. I'm currently engaged to an 'abled' woman, but for many years I looked for a 'disabled' woman. No I would not leave my fiance for a disabled woman now if I found one. Also my fiance knows of my attraction to disabled women, and accepts it.

User Detail :  

Name : Douglas D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 42, City : Bryn, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Emergency Medical Technician, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

jake
    I am more interested in a person's mind than their body. I have seen many sexy amputees. And of course I would date someone who has this condition. People need to grow up.

User Detail :  

Name : jake, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Orthodox Christian, Age : 35, City : Texarkana, State : AR Country : United States, Occupation : funeral home, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rob
    If someone really finds you attractive, the crutches or being an amputee will not matter. It will separate the chaff from the wheat of potential mates. I would be happy to date you if the connection is there.

User Detail :  

Name : Rob, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 43, City : Jackson, State : MS Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.